How long Quaritch has been on Pandora?

Started by Txen Seri Unil, January 17, 2010, 12:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txen Seri Unil

Kaltxi!

So in a "behind the scenes" clip on youtube (courtesy of another poster in another thread), which can be found here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

If you listen at around 4:00 the stunt coordinator says that Quaritch had been using an AMP suit for 6-7 years. This might help a little with the time-line that some of us are theorizing on.

Granted, it isn't James Cameron that made the statement so that makes the claim a little weaker. Also, this could have been the time-frame for the AMP suits being deployed on Pandora and Quaritch could have been there earlier, minus an AMP suit.

Thoughts?

Eywa ngahu,
Txen Seri Unil

Old name: Rawveggie. Upgraded to Na'vi name.

Txen Seri Unil = Awake + Make (present continuing tense) + Dream = Waking Dream

"The words are like stones in my heart." -Jake Sully
(Aylì'u lu na tskxe mì oeyä txe'lan. - Na'vi translation from script)

Txontaw

Well, they use AMP suits on earth as well, so I don't think this is a good basis for how long he's been on Pandora.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

"Not designed for Pandora, but suit is effective protection from toxic plants, swarms of stinging, aggressive insects, and other biting creatures."

So Quaritch was not necessarily on Pandora for 6-7 years as they were made for use on Earth.

Txen Seri Unil

Kaltxi!

Irayo for those points, I had forgot that they were used on Earth also. :/

Well, back to the drawing board.

Eywa ngahu,
Txen Seri Unil

Old name: Rawveggie. Upgraded to Na'vi name.

Txen Seri Unil = Awake + Make (present continuing tense) + Dream = Waking Dream

"The words are like stones in my heart." -Jake Sully
(Aylì'u lu na tskxe mì oeyä txe'lan. - Na'vi translation from script)

Txura Tirea

Thanks for the behind the scenes, it was really interesting.

In the first part of BTS one moment caught my attention, I don't recall seeing this in the movie. I have only seen it twice, so I could be wrong. Does anyone know if this scene got cut out of the movie?

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

meruko

I'm pretty sure that one is in the movie. It's towards the end when all the clans gather. You see Jake standing on a root with toruk next to him.

Txura Tirea

Okay thanks. I guess I don't have a good memory (which is really nice when you see a movie often).  ;D

(Yay, I'm an uniltìrantokx now!)
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine