How Many Times Have you seen Avatar?

Started by Sa'vitri, December 23, 2009, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eanikran

A wild Technowraith appears! ;D

Mines at 87 now, watching again this morning :D

Technowraith

This thread counts theatrical viewings, times you've seen the movie in theaters. If you're watching your DVD's, then those screenings go to the DVD thread, which is around here somewhere.

If you have access to theater screenings (still!) then by all means add your counts here. When the sequels come out, we'll probably restart new count threads. So far, I've been challenged by one to try and meet my number of screenings. LoL!
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Mako

Ewya ngahu, but I don't see it happening :P

Arantele

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on December 01, 2010, 08:06:39 PM
Quote from: Muzer on December 01, 2010, 04:57:17 PM
I've seen it in:

Dolby 3D
RealD Cinema
IMAX 3D
MasterImage 3D

Mwa ha ha!
Wow...

RealD and IMAX are the only formats available anywhere with 100 miles of me as far as I'm aware...

Kinda bad but I only know what IMAX is... lol... Whats the difference between all of the above?

Swoka Ikran

They're different formats (and technologies). RealD is the 3D technology used by many non-IMAX theaters. If you saw Avatar in 3D, and it wasn't IMAX, you probably saw RealD.

I'm not very familiar with the Dolby or MasterImage, so I can't say much about them.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Human No More

I don't know anything about Masterimage, but Dolby 3D is the one which uses the active glasses. I;ve only sen it in IMAX 3Dand realD 3D, although form what I've heard, everyone says RealD is the best 3D of the lot, I found it slightly better than IMAX 3D even though they are based on the same technology but with different implementation (IMAX 3D uses horizontal/vertical polarisation, RealD uses circular - although RealD does do it via DLP projectors as opposed to having two separate ones.)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Mako

RealD 3D is awesomesauce! I still have my glasses  ::)

Human No More

I have about 15 pairs... didn't keep them the first times, but then I had the idea of keeping them as souvenirs / marks of honour ;D
Also came in useful with the SE where you had to pay a small amount to get the 3D glasses then they said to keep them and use them again, so I could just bring one of my many pairs there and save a small bit of money each time.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Eyawng te Klltepayu

That was my only problem with Xpand- the shutter glasses were heavy and other cinemagoers had left greasy fingerprints on them.
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Muzer

MasterImage was when I went to Malta, the cinema there had it in this format. It was actually really good, better than RealD IMHO.

Dolby 3D works by filtering out specific wavelengths of light IIRC. That was at the Reel in Andover unless I am very much mistaken (which is a possibility). The glasses are not active but they are more expensive than the RealD ones.

MasterImage is like the mechanical equivalent to RealD (uses a rotating polarised filter rather than an electronic one), and seemed to suffer from ghosting less than RealD IMO.

I watched it in RealD in the cinema in Southampton (I didn't see it in IMAX there).

IMAX of course is the one that's really good. No argument there. I went to the BFI IMAX in London.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

NaviFreedomFighter

7 and a half it got turned off 3/4 way through :(
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)