I can't believe it took me this long to realize this...

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, February 10, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Awve Tìkameie

I was resizing and cropping the picture below when I noticed the name tag on the top right of the picture, Jake's left ear:

Note: It's not a name tag, but a tag that says RDA on it. It is kind of like what the scientists use to track migrating patterns of animals
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Txon Taronyu

when in the movie was that
Also it is probely just so the scinetist know were jack is and also in the movie they can see some of the stuff he does like when he first sees the tree of souls

so its a camera/ tracker probely
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Technowraith

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 10, 2010, 09:39:39 PM
when in the movie was that

When Jake is firing at the Thanator. I thought it was just a marker to distinguish Avatars from real Na'vi. In a more obvious way, other than the physical differences.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Panzerfaust

Looks like part of his throat-mike setup to me... just a radio.
Pak mezazam-vozam-tsìzam-mrrvol srak?
Tsa'u  letsunslu ke lu!

Txontaw

Quote from: Panzerfaust on February 10, 2010, 09:53:27 PM

Yeah, it goes along with the throat mike. How else do you think you would hear the people talking to you?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Tsepxor

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"
<MulleDK19> it ended with: "Death of a wheelchair - On the road since 1250"

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Txontaw on February 10, 2010, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Panzerfaust on February 10, 2010, 09:53:27 PM

Yeah, it goes along with the throat mike. How else do you think you would hear the people talking to you?

I agree. Look at these two pictures, the first two is when Jake is at the Ikran Rookery, picking his Ikran. The nest two is when he is on his Great Leonopteryx aka Toruk.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Will Txankamuse

Jakesully goes back to the module/samson and picks up throat mics and headsets for Tsu'tey, Neytiri, Norm and himself.  This is what they use to communicate throughout the battle.  Jakesully loses his first set when he jumps into the water escaping the thanator.

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on February 11, 2010, 01:26:28 PM
Jakesully goes back to the module/samson and picks up throat mics and headsets for Tsu'tey, Neytiri, Norm and himself.  This is what they use to communicate throughout the battle.  Jakesully loses his first set when he jumps into the water escaping the thanator.

Will

Oh, ok. I didn't notice that part in the movie. But it makes sence.

kintìomum

It's not shown that Jake goes back to get the transceivers for the final battle but it's the most likely source for Jake to get new sets.

What opens another question to me: Why don't the RDA monitor their frequencies? With that much space in the Dragon and the use as a mobile C³-Center in the assault it's either stupidity or lack of awareness that they don't pick up transmissions that are made with one of the sets that's been produced in their factory, working on their frequencies and that was issued to a lab that's gone rogue...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Will Txankamuse

Quote from: kintìomum on February 11, 2010, 02:57:30 PM
It's not shown that Jake goes back to get the transceivers for the final battle but it's the most likely source for Jake to get new sets.

this is true, I should have said it was speculation - but it makes sense that jakesully either obtained the mics from either the samson or the module in the intervening part while the Na'vi were preparing for the battle.

What opens another question to me: Why don't the RDA monitor their frequencies? With that much space in the Dragon and the use as a mobile C³-Center in the assault it's either stupidity or lack of awareness that they don't pick up transmissions that are made with one of the sets that's been produced in their factory, working on their frequencies and that was issued to a lab that's gone rogue...

This is a very good point, I doubt they had the facilities to recode the frequencies away from the main base.  I expect the humans just never guessed they would be using the headsets and didn't bother scanning the extra frequencies.  Cameron undoubtedly wanted the ability for them to communicate - especially for the scene where Jakesully tells Neytiri not to fight RDA in the dramatic 'Eywa has heard you' scene, but didn't have time for an extra scene where they changed frequencies.

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

Technowraith

It wouldn't surprise  me if the scientific crews had their own set of radios. Makes sense to have them really. And those radios may operate on different frequencies. So it would be entirely possible to have radio traffic on a different channel and not realize it. It would also seem odd that in the case of RDA, they would consider monitoring radio traffic. But then again, their mindset may have been: screw monitoring radio traffic cuz we're gonna kick their collective butts and win. So why bother?
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Txontaw

Quote from: Technowraith on February 11, 2010, 06:28:12 PM

It wouldn't surprise  me if the scientific crews had their own set of radios. Makes sense to have them really. And those radios may operate on different frequencies. So it would be entirely possible to have radio traffic on a different channel and not realize it. It would also seem odd that in the case of RDA, they would consider monitoring radio traffic. But then again, their mindset may have been: screw monitoring radio traffic cuz we're gonna kick their collective butts and win. So why bother?

I don't think they knew that they even had radios, so why would they monitor it?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on February 11, 2010, 01:26:28 PM

Will

I'd second that.
He probably also gave a brief explaination to Neytii and Tsu'tey of how to use the device before the final battle, there is a possibility that they might were familiar with this before hand at the tie when Grace used to visit and teach at their tribe, but I doubt it.