Intimate scene from 2007 script.

Started by Payoang, January 10, 2010, 12:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Quote from: NovaN75
Quote from: on January 09, 2010, 11:55:20 pm
When I was watching the intimate scene in the move, I was thinking, "Wouldn't them making the bond together better signify that kind of intimacy?" But then I realized that if that is how they get intimate (so to speak) then that would mean that every time they bond with an animal, plant, etc. then that would mean they're boning. And that's just perverse.

It's not like that at all. The ASG states there must be some sort of pheromone used to trigger the bond, and that most likely means that there is a certain pheromone released for two Na'vi bonding than what would be triggered for animals. Also the animal bond is different, more primal, less... emotional. You control the animal's movement, you feel its breathing and so on, but it's a limited emotional/mental bond, not at all a sexual one. The bonding with your mate shares your emotional, spiritual self on a whole different level. I'm frankly disgusted that people would think it was a sexual bond with animals. It is no such thing! There's obviously different types of bonding, fitting the purpose. While the bond doesn't make a baby, it heightens the erotic feelings and love the couple already feel, deepening the pair-bonding instinct and therefore facilitating mating/staying with your mate.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Tolhaller

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on April 16, 2010, 09:47:27 PM
Because it was cut, it'll be the extended edition.

Yeah, I know it was cut and maybe it will be in the extended edition. I was simply saying their queues are connected in the theatrical version, you just don't see them actually joining them together.

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on April 16, 2010, 10:08:56 PM
It's not like that at all. The ASG states there must be some sort of pheromone used to trigger the bond, and that most likely means that there is a certain pheromone released for two Na'vi bonding than what would be triggered for animals.
Maybe, but the ASG doesn't specify that the pheromone is different based on the animal.

Also the animal bond is different, more primal, less... emotional. You control the animal's movement, you feel its breathing and so on, but it's a limited emotional/mental bond, not at all a sexual one. The bonding with your mate shares your emotional, spiritual self on a whole different level. I'm frankly disgusted that people would think it was a sexual bond with animals. It is no such thing! There's obviously different types of bonding, fitting the purpose.
I don't see why we need to suppose there are different types. The bond appears to combine minds in some way, sharing feelings, emotions, and thoughts. If you or the animal (Na'vi or not) you bond with are having sex at the time then it's a sexual bond. If not, then it's not.

Zefanaya

I know there is the act of bonding with an animal but there is the act of bonding during mating it takes the two becoming none factor to a new level something humans could never understand it could not be described in words, two becoming one your feeling emotions mind and spirit, this all only amplifies the act of matting with the one you love, but the bond is a part of every day Na'vi life so for the last time, when they bond with an animal it is limited money to fell basic physical parts of the animal (when neytiri says to Jake on the pa'li fell her strong legs) and the ability to control or influence the animal. It is far more potenet and personal when two Na'vi bond it is tiyawn (love) to a new level.

And in reply to Tolhaller

I watched the movie the other night specifically for to see if the bonds were made, and yes for a fraction of a second they pull out and you can see the queues are draped over each others shoulders and you can see them start to pull together (meaning there path becomes more visible as they camera pulls out), we should (we better) see this in the extend scene on the extended or enhanced version of the movie. Let's hope for a true fan cut and or directors cut.
Typed on iPad.
Quote from: NovaN75
Quote from: on January 09, 2010, 11:55:20 pm
When I was watching the intimate scene in the move, I was thinking, "Wouldn't them making the bond together better signify that kind of intimacy?" But then I realized that if that is how they get intimate (so to speak) then that would mean that every time they bond with an animal, plant, etc. then that would mean they're boning. And that's just perverse.

It's not like that at all. The ASG states there must be some sort of pheromone used to trigger the bond, and that most likely means that there is a certain pheromone released for two Na'vi bonding than what would be triggered for animals. Also the animal bond is different, more primal, less... emotional. You control the animal's movement, you feel its breathing and so on, but it's a limited emotional/mental bond, not at all a sexual one. The bonding with your mate shares your emotional, spiritual self on a whole different level. I'm frankly disgusted that people would think it was a sexual bond with animals. It is no such thing! There's obviously different types of bonding, fitting the purpose. While the bond doesn't make a baby, it heightens the erotic feelings and love the couple already feel, deepening the pair-bonding instinct and therefore facilitating mating/staying with your mate.
Quote from: Tolhaller on April 16, 2010, 10:32:10 PM
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on April 16, 2010, 09:47:27 PM
Because it was cut, it'll be the extended edition.

Yeah, I know it was cut and maybe it will be in the extended edition. I was simply saying their queues are connected in the theatrical version, you just don't see them actually joining them together.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH