is now the proud owner.......

Started by Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite, March 28, 2011, 04:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaya

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 11, 2011, 06:06:39 AM
Stupid time constraints :(

I still wish you could play the entire movie even with the unfinished deleted scenes added in. There are some REALLY good ones, such as when Selfridge finally gets a conscious.

You're talking about "long way from Earth" here right?  It's interesting, because to me that scene doesn't show him having anything even close to a conscience.  To me, all I see is him being concerned about wasting of resources, both mining workers and blasting compound, that are then going to slow things down from him reaching his production goals...

But I may be slightly cynical about corporate types... ???

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Amaya on May 12, 2011, 05:59:15 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 11, 2011, 06:06:39 AM
Stupid time constraints :(

I still wish you could play the entire movie even with the unfinished deleted scenes added in. There are some REALLY good ones, such as when Selfridge finally gets a conscious.

You're talking about "long way from Earth" here right?  It's interesting, because to me that scene doesn't show him having anything even close to a conscience.  To me, all I see is him being concerned about wasting of resources, both mining workers and blasting compound, that are then going to slow things down from him reaching his production goals...

But I may be slightly cynical about corporate types... ???

I'm certainly not saying I like him any more as a result of the scene. I still think he's corporate scum. But when you add it the tiny scenes where he did show ever so slight remorse and indecision for a billionth of a second, a small amount of decency shines through before he quickly regains his normal composure. Really the deleted scene just makes me like the quality of the character that was written that much more.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

I have yet to see all of the deleted scenes; haven't really had the time. :[
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.