Most Beautiful/Touching Parts (SPOILERS)

Started by Taikomochi, December 22, 2009, 01:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Roiki on December 29, 2009, 07:10:05 AM
Quote from: vidvamp01 on December 28, 2009, 07:41:41 PM
Is the lab shut down, or just the corporate aspects of their work?

Sure Jake doesn't need it anymore, and Norm's avatar is dead, but I noticed two other human/avatars were seen guiding the evictions off to the shuttle.  (More specifically, I saw two Na'vi wearing human clothing and carrying machine guns).

What happens when the RDA get wind of what happened to their facility, they are not likely to accept it if there are billions (denomination uncertain but probably euros) to be had.

Definitely possibilities of an escalated military presence are impending for the sequel, but hopefully there is further characterization with the Na'vi first, it is easy to wander off the deep end of the conflict without really maintaining a good feel for why the Na'vi are worth cheering for.

I don't know if they really shut it down but at the end you can see it being inoperative so i guess they shut it down for now. Though they didin't say how many avatar were in the program, (after jake wakes up in his avatar body for the first time we can see a around a dozen of them in the hut where they sleep), they might use those mobile sites for them and abandon Hell's Gate completely.
Concidering that the trip lasts about 6 years, the earliest that they become aware of their investments failure is when they get home and after that it takes 6 years to get back and maybe few years to prepare an all out invasion. So i think if the humans are coming back it takes about 15 years, plenty of time to put some na'vi only parts in between.

I can see what you are saying, perfectly valid.  Although, I think they may be able to get word of what is happening much more quickly than waiting for the ships to return on a round trip, via a (sci-fi) form of wireless transmission.

I think this because Quaritch had a line with Jake, where he got corporate approval for Jake's operation, and said he would be on a shuttle fairly soon.  That line suggest that communication with HQ is relatively quick (less than 4 months), since he had only recently made the request to HQ. 
私は太った男だ。

Mokriyä Täftxuyu

The most touching moment for me was the exact moment that the original post described. However, there were many other moments that I liked.

1. The destruction of Hometree (Zoe Saldana (spelling?) did a wonderful job acting here, I could feel all of her pain and angst)

2. Jake's speech at the Tree Of Souls gave me chills (which is odd that the other moments I enjoyed more didn't LOL)

3. When Eywa sends all the creatures to help in the battle and all the Ikrans fly out of the sky I got chills.

4. The flight scenes are BEAUTIFUL and they are so real looking.

5. Neytiri when she has been painted for war and is behind the tree and looks over her shoulder.. OMG...

Basically the entire movie ;) I mean that sums it all up hhahah

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Mokriyä Täftxuyu on December 29, 2009, 11:26:41 PM
The most touching moment for me was the exact moment that the original post described. However, there were many other moments that I liked.

1. The destruction of Hometree (Zoe Saldana (spelling?) did a wonderful job acting here, I could feel all of her pain and angst)

2. Jake's speech at the Tree Of Souls gave me chills (which is odd that the other moments I enjoyed more didn't LOL)

3. When Eywa sends all the creatures to help in the battle and all the Ikrans fly out of the sky I got chills.

4. The flight scenes are BEAUTIFUL and they are so real looking.

5. Neytiri when she has been painted for war and is behind the tree and looks over her shoulder.. OMG...

Basically the entire movie ;) I mean that sums it all up hhahah

Number 5 still gets me even after my 6th viewing, and I know how it turns out.
私は太った男だ。

Jameseyes

1. When jake almost dies from lack of oxygen and neytiri says i see you..
"My Jake!!!"
and tears are down her eyes, and then you see the love between them
aw man that tore a hole in my heart (a good way)

2.when that pilot (sry didnt pick up her name) gets blown
by the dude with the scars....i didnt expect that to happen

3. when jake says "i already chose her, and she must chose me"
or something along those lines, when they become one,
that was beautiful  ;D

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Jameseyes on December 29, 2009, 11:34:32 PM

2.when that pilot (sry didnt pick up her name) gets blown by the dude with the scars....i didnt expect that to happen

Trudy Chacon
Colonel Miles Quaritch
私は太った男だ。

Hawnuyu

The most beautiful scene to me is the one described in the original post. I still well up. ( I also like to think that the reason why Neytiri is so intuitive in where Jake is and how to save him is because they bond they made through tsahaylu) and it persists in not just a corporeal form, but a spiritual bond )

I also enjoy:
- When Jake first enters his avatar and the joy he feels at being able to walk and run once more
- Grace's death, while very saddening, that she is accepted by Eywa and will continue to live on with the Na'Vi
- I love the few scenes where Neytiri takes a protective posture over Jake's body
- Who cannot like when Neytiri shoots Quaritch? :P

- The whole battle for the Trees of Souls was strong and sad, the image of Tsu'tey falling of the shuttle and just falling strikes me. Here a noble warrior and leader has just been shot and killed while defending his world by a grunt with a gun who is only there for money.
- Hometree, I am still on the edge of bawling out whenever I see it being destroyed.

The last scene is also tremendously inspiring! When Jake opens his eyes. He has been accepted, he has found himself ...  he has gotten his legs back :P  ( I do enjoy the play on motifs in the movie, particularly those of seeing, dreaming, waking up) and that scene leaves me with hope.
"Be strong, my brother, even when I am weak;
Be surefooted, my sister, even when I falter;
For though I carry you now, a day will come
when I will need your shoulder."

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Jameseyes on December 29, 2009, 11:34:32 PM
1. When jake almost dies from lack of oxygen and neytiri says i see you..
"My Jake!!!"

Just want to point out that I'm pretty sure she says "Ma Jake" with ma being Na'vi for proper names.

But, anyway, I agree with every point people have made. The whole damn movie was awesome in the literal (overused) sense of the word. I guess the part that was the most emotional for me was when Neytiri says "Eywa heard you!", that was pretty powerful to me.

I could rattle of about a dozen more scenes but I'll just say "see above" for those.

P.S. I'm one of those people who can really get into a movie/story/book and can really feel like I'm actually there and lose myself in the story. However, this is one of the only movies to bring out emotions this powerful in me and it continues to do so even after the 4th time seeing it.

Coyote

Well, by picking the scenes that really impacted me, don't get the idea that the other scenes had no impact!   ;) The whole thing reached out and pulled me right from the start, and it was all impactful.

That said, I think the most powerful scene for me was the destruction of the Lifetree. I honestly cannot recall I have ever witnessed such despair portrayed in a movie before. I could taste their bitter tears, I swear it, on my own face...

Other scenes that really made an impression--
Jake's reaction to having "his" legs back as an Avatar, and his glee at being able to run again...

Jake's conflicting emotions on his face when the Colonel tells him he will have his legs back and he can leave in a few hours...

Jake's first flight and being accepted into the tribe...

Jake & Neytiri choosing each other and mating...

Seeing Trudy's helo all painted up in Na'vi blue & white-- even though I knew there was a good chance she was not going to make it out of that scene, it was still crushing to see her helo explode...

Neytiri breaking into the ruined lab and rescuing Jake, instantly recognising him. It was the first time they truly saw one another with their "real" eyes on their "real" bodies.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Ftiafpi

Alright, show of hands, who wants to go see the movie again after reading all these?

Coyote

Oh, I was already on my way back to see it this weekend at IMAX (saw it in regular screen digital 3D but I want the big-screen experience) but now I intend to watch the scenes mentioned here even more so.  ;D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Mokriyä Täftxuyu

I have to say IMAX is MOST definitely the best way to view the movie. I saw it IMAX the 1st time and the 2nd time I saw it regular and the regular 3D just leaves out so much detail in some scenes :D lol but that said I really have to see this movie for a 3rd and maybe 4th time.

kawenaveg

i like the part at the end, when neytiri saves jake when he fell out of the pod in the station. when she picks him up and is like, "jake! my jake!" that 'my jake' just touches me, don't ask me why.

and don't judge me, but whenever neytiri cried in sadness is touching as well. when Utral Aymokriyä was dozed over, and she was crying, and when her father died and gave her his bow and she was mourning. zoe saldana has a talent to put a bullet through my heart with those sounds. SO SAD and haunting!

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

It would be most of the emotional parts of the movie.
When Hometree fell.
Jake's first flight.
Jake and Neytiri became mates
When Neytiri holds Jake's human body and says "Jake! My Jake!".

To vidvamp01:
I believe one the avatars at the end there on the base was either Norm's healed avatar or a new avatar. Why I say that, cause the avatar looks like Norm's.

Txon Tompa

Quote from: kawenaveg on December 30, 2009, 04:52:04 PM
i like the part at the end, when neytiri saves jake when he fell out of the pod in the station. when she picks him up and is like, "jake! my jake!" that 'my jake' just touches me, don't ask me why.

and don't judge me, but whenever neytiri cried in sadness is touching as well. when Utral Aymokriyä was dozed over, and she was crying, and when her father died and gave her his bow and she was mourning. zoe saldana has a talent to put a bullet through my heart with those sounds. SO SAD and haunting!

cuz when she says that you see and feel the love =]
oel ngati kameie