Most Beautiful/Touching Parts (SPOILERS)

Started by Taikomochi, December 22, 2009, 01:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taikomochi

Because, yes, it's true; favorite parts and most beautiful or touching parts of a movie aren't necessarily the same thing. Take some time to think about that, I'm sure you can all agree with me, and that you can find a perfect example to come and give us about it here. I'll start. :)

If I think "What's the part that touched me the most", it automatically screams out in my mind, since it's so obvious.

After confrontation with Quatrich, Jake falls out of the pod and begins to suffer the effects of the planet's atmospheric gas. As this happens, Neytiri tries to wake his avatar up, and notices/remembers the lab. She screams out his name and rushes in and... finds him. I'll explain later why this is so important.
She picks up his body and tries to save him with the mask, after which when he's safe, he looks at her and she looks at him, and they both say to each other "I see you...". And you can see love in their eyes. Clearly.

It's amazing, so wonderful for me that she can reason herself that he's in the lab and in danger, rush in an immediately (note: immediately) recognize him, even though she never saw him in real life. And even if their faces look like their avatars, I'm sure it's a bit different, seeing the initial xenophobia both parties have. And after that, she saves him. And she looks at him.
And she still loves him. And you can damn right tell.

It's... perfect, beautiful that, knowing that they're not in the same species, that it's all some kind of masquerade, all of that... they are still perfectly able to look at each other and love each other. There's no obstacle. It looks like there would never be any, ever. And that made me tear up. Easily.

I'm probably going to write more parts. But I think that to start this thread, it's a good go.
Also, I wonder if anyone has the same vision as me for that scene. Let me know, all right? :)
Irayo.

Nume fpi sänume

The first flight, it was an awe inspiring bit of work, and gave you an idea of how immense things on Pandora are.

Zalorticus

The part that got to me the most was when Kelutral, Hometree, was destroyed. Oh how much I wanted to destroy the glass on the RDA ships!
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

neosis666

I have to agree on the bit in the original post, it was a heart wrenching part of the movie, also the part where they go to the Spirit Tree and solidify their bond, the music is so moving (I have purchased the soundtrack) you could realy feel 2 souls becoming one. It makes me envious that humans could never connect on such a level.

Taikomochi

Irayo, neosis, for coming over the my askings. I'm happy someone agrees with how I see it. :) So happy.
Anyone else?

Sa'vitri

I loved the same scene as well as Jake's first flight on his Ikran.  The moments when he can't control the Ikran and then utters his simple direction and the only the silence of the wind in flight.  Gorgeous. 
You have a strong heart....BUT STUPID LIKE A CHILD!

Payoang

Quote from: Nume fpi eyk on December 22, 2009, 01:44:19 PM
The first flight, it was an awe inspiring bit of work, and gave you an idea of how immense things on Pandora are.

This. The music was just amazing.. James Horner has always been my hero.

Eywayä mokri

For me, this is again the same part of the movie that I mentioned in the "best parts".

When Jake has just been accepted as an Omaticayan and then goes in the forest, to the tree of voices with Neytiri. The way to the forest, the lights, environment, the music and then the hole scene where they are speaking about jake's future wife. Expressions...scenery...music...totally awesome. You know I am an man...and those scenes are usually made for women (am not a native English speaker please don't flame me for this...it won't be understood as I would want maybe :)))  ).

I mean by that this is really emotional, love...they are mated together etc...but I found that part completely amazing and beautiful. I can't stop repeating it in my head and watching it.

:)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

'it a txep

What moved me most was the destruction of the home tree... I had tears in my eyes, seriously.

Also, I loved that very brief scene where Jake is accepted into the clan and they all put their arms on each other's shoulders to form some kind of web... that must be so awesome...
(formerly known as Kawtu)

Taruia

The scene that gets me the most every time I watch it, is when Jake is made a member of the tribe, and they all come around and place their hands on him, and on each other. Something about this scene and the imagery that is produced from the connection of all the Na'vi is just stunning, and makes me get shivers every time.

Txur’Itan

Why have so many fallen like gravity into this story?

I think it is very simple.

There is a loss,
a mourning,
a sadness.

We all came from familial tribes thousands of years ago, and found ourselves leaving that life without knowing how it would make us feel.

Now we know.

We leave our families to pursue jobs, and money, and freedom, but how does it make us feel.

Now we know.

We (the collective people of earth) hate or fight our brethren from other tribes, and how does this makes us really feel.

Now we know.

This picture tells a more complicated story than the most pedantic of critics, typically the ones reciting a trope of cliched paradoxes spawned from limited self analyzing incite, will let them selves understand.  How does this make them feel.

Now we know.  http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=quaritch&gbv=2&aq=1&oq=Quarit&aqi=g-s1g1g-sx8
私は太った男だ。

Étienne

Neytiri and Jake becoming one. So very beautiful,

shiaru

To me it was when the Na'vi were all together in unison moving as one by the roots of the great tree.
~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Pascal

When Jake said : "Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world and in here is the dream."

This is the best part  ;)

Maweya tirea

Quote from: Pascal on December 26, 2009, 12:20:04 AM
When Jake said : "Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world and in here is the dream."

This is the best part  ;)

I completely agree. That sent a chill down my spine.

It makes one think, are we living a dream? Here we are in our cities with all of this technology that has made us lazy while there is a more real, more beautiful world out there. There is only one problem. We are destroying that beautiful world. :-[
God síltsan lu!!!!!

JamesCameronOnline.com

For me its when Navi started to loose - Trudy gets hit, TsuTey gets killed, Norm gets shot. The track playing during this cene (Shutting Down Grace's Lab) was heartbreaking

Tolaro´ni´tirea

I like all scenes of the movie, Jakes first flight is the best.
Kaltxi, aysmúkan, aysmuké

Txur’Itan

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline.com on December 27, 2009, 02:50:30 AM
For me its when Navi started to loose - Trudy gets hit, TsuTey gets killed, Norm gets shot. The track playing during this cene (Shutting Down Grace's Lab) was heartbreaking

Is the lab shut down, or just the corporate aspects of their work?

Sure Jake doesn't need it anymore, and Norm's avatar is dead, but I noticed two other human/avatars were seen guiding the evictions off to the shuttle.  (More specifically, I saw two Na'vi wearing human clothing and carrying machine guns).

What happens when the RDA get wind of what happened to their facility, they are not likely to accept it if there are billions (denomination uncertain but probably euros) to be had.

Definitely possibilities of an escalated military presence are impending for the sequel, but hopefully there is further characterization with the Na'vi first, it is easy to wander off the deep end of the conflict without really maintaining a good feel for why the Na'vi are worth cheering for.
私は太った男だ。

Roiki

Quote from: vidvamp01 on December 28, 2009, 07:41:41 PM
Is the lab shut down, or just the corporate aspects of their work?

Sure Jake doesn't need it anymore, and Norm's avatar is dead, but I noticed two other human/avatars were seen guiding the evictions off to the shuttle.  (More specifically, I saw two Na'vi wearing human clothing and carrying machine guns).

What happens when the RDA get wind of what happened to their facility, they are not likely to accept it if there are billions (denomination uncertain but probably euros) to be had.

Definitely possibilities of an escalated military presence are impending for the sequel, but hopefully there is further characterization with the Na'vi first, it is easy to wander off the deep end of the conflict without really maintaining a good feel for why the Na'vi are worth cheering for.

I don't know if they really shut it down but at the end you can see it being inoperative so i guess they shut it down for now. Though they didin't say how many avatar were in the program, (after jake wakes up in his avatar body for the first time we can see a around a dozen of them in the hut where they sleep), they might use those mobile sites for them and abandon Hell's Gate completely.
Concidering that the trip lasts about 6 years, the earliest that they become aware of their investments failure is when they get home and after that it takes 6 years to get back and maybe few years to prepare an all out invasion. So i think if the humans are coming back it takes about 15 years, plenty of time to put some na'vi only parts in between.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Aperture

For me the sadest parts were:

• When Hometree fell
  • When the Tawtute overrun the trees of voices

Most beautiful/awesome:

• The bond of Neytiri and Jakesully
  • First flight
  • Jakesully flying as Toruk-Makto to the na'vi and having his war speech