Most touching scene.

Started by Txon Tompa, December 31, 2009, 12:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omängum fra'uti

If you asked me a week ago what the most touching scene was, I would have probably said when home tree fell...

But now my answer is different.  I found out about a scene that didn't make it into the movie..  One that even just thinking about a single spoken line from it can bring tears, once you know the meaning.  If that scene makes it on the DVD, then they need to include a small pack of kleenex in the case.

The scene is what happens to Tsu'tey after he falls out of the sky, and his final words to Jake.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Kretän on January 08, 2010, 08:37:42 PM
Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 08, 2010, 06:08:13 PM
The last half of the movie touched me. It made me hate the humans and actually think of it as disgusting evil creatures. I almost panicked when I saw myself in the mirror. Guess what? I'm human too.  :o

I assume lots of people felt the same, but its interesting you say that.

There was a thread "Na'vi - The flawless people" where the Na'vi were gedtting alot of critique for being 'too judgemental' towards the skypeople. It was seen negatively that they judged all aytawtute (sky people) to be the same, because they should know that everyone has an independant soul.

And yet we, despite being one of the "seperate souls" (we didn't agree with the RDA), were still spreading the butter over the whole of the bread. And this judgemental hate came from a film. Imagine living it?

Its so easy to judge someone by the group of people they are with, the company they work for, the political views they represent or even their race, just because of a few individuals. And when this is all going on in your home land, I can't say I blame the Na'vi for their "Shoot on sight" orders.

Hope this isn't a little offtopic, although I don't think it is, its still an emotional link to the film being discussed, but idk, maybe a little OT? (Off-topic, not "Over the Top")
well 95% of the tawtute are morons with guns that try to shoot them...
so they tend to think that way,but that's the same as we would think if we were in that position.
eywa ayngahu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Nawman

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on January 09, 2010, 04:16:01 AM
If you asked me a week ago what the most touching scene was, I would have probably said when home tree fell...

But now my answer is different.  I found out about a scene that didn't make it into the movie..  One that even just thinking about a single spoken line from it can bring tears, once you know the meaning.  If that scene makes it on the DVD, then they need to include a small pack of kleenex in the case.

The scene is what happens to Tsu'tey after he falls out of the sky, and his final words to Jake.
Agree. Till now I do not understand, how they could cutoff such dramatic, key scene????
The plot part is lost because of it.  :'(

Kretän

They had to cut out alot to make the film less than 3 hours. And I agree, some scenes seem so great, so awesome, so relevant, how could they be missed?

But then ask, which scenes would they remove instead?

All scenes hold quite an important part I think, this is the problem with a well structured film such as Avatar. When things need to be cut, the only things that can be taken out are big things, because theres nothing 'small' left.
But lets be fair, the whole film stayed in context and made sense while watching it, so it worked, and now we just have the bonus scenes to look forward to on DVD! :D

Seeing new scenes is going to make the film feel like a first-time watch again. Everyone here loves the film and can still enjoy watching it, but seeing new footage will make it like "Wow...", imo, even if you have seen the original several times over.

But I agree with the comment made, the Tsu-tey scene would have been amazing to see! Possibly would rank in the top for many people, since Tsu'tey ranked high on the list even without this scene.

The scene where Neytìri rejects jake are powerful "You will never be one of the people!" and "Never come back!". That, aswell as the slow motion part of the final battle, would have to be the 'most touching' scenes for me. Scenes like this are the ones that really suck you into the movie, and is a large part of what makes Avater stand out from other films (theres such a varied response to 'most touching scene' because theres just so much emotion in the film!).

Txontaw

Yeah, I hope they have an extended DVD edition, like they did for LOTR. Then you could see all of the great scenes that they had to cut out.

It's like you can't win;

If you leave the scenes, the movie is even more immersive and meaningful, but people complain that it's too long.

If you cut out the scenes, the movie is shorter, but people complain that the characters and story are shallow.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on January 09, 2010, 04:16:01 AM

But now my answer is different.  I found out about a scene that didn't make it into the movie..  One that even just thinking about a single spoken line from it can bring tears, once you know the meaning.  If that scene makes it on the DVD, then they need to include a small pack of kleenex in the case.

LIIIINK!!! Please sì Irayo!

Eywa ayoenghu.

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

ayoenghu would be 'with all of us (including you)' right?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 09, 2010, 01:44:41 PM
ayoenghu would be 'with all of us (including you)' right?

Srane, tsmukan. Ayoeng= We (inclusive)  -hu= With (accompaniment)

^_^ Eywa ayoehu, ulte ngahu, ma tsmukan.

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

what is 'ma'?

Eywa ayoenga, ultengahu, ma tsmukan

Tengfya swizaw

Not on topic. Other than that, "ma" is a term you would use when addressing someone or something. Sort of an equivalent of "hey", but not really used as a greeting, if that makes sense. So when talking to someone, you would address them as ma <name/title>.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Txontaw

Ah, so it makes sense that Neytiri was calling out 'ma sempul', because she was calling it out as a title-like thing?

Which is another touching scene in the movie. There, I just got back on topic.

Tengfya swizaw

Title-ish, yes. But you understand the concept. Nice comeback, by the way.
I'm not one for touching scenes (they're pretty hard to physically make contact with), but one that stuck out to me was the whole "if you are one of us, then help us" scene. It's been said before, but that's just my two cents.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Quote from: Txontaw on January 09, 2010, 09:39:29 AM
Yeah, I hope they have an extended DVD edition, like they did for LOTR. Then you could see all of the great scenes that they had to cut out.

It's like you can't win;

If you leave the scenes, the movie is even more immersive and meaningful, but people complain that it's too long.

If you cut out the scenes, the movie is shorter, but people complain that the characters and story are shallow.
But that's just something that never will change. You can't make a movie that's perfect for everyone (Although it seems to me James did a really good job). Even on DVD they'll have that problem. Will they be releasing an extended version, or a bonus disc.
Extended version: Whole movie, right order. But when you want the short verion you have to make that  clear when you sell it.
Bonus disc: No problems with different types of disc, but you will need to see where to fit in the bonus scènes.

I guess the idea of a normal release and a Director's Cut release would be best.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Txontaw

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on January 09, 2010, 02:17:50 PM
Title-ish, yes. But you understand the concept. Nice comeback, by the way.
I'm not one for touching scenes (they're pretty hard to physically make contact with), but one that stuck out to me was the whole "if you are one of us, then help us" scene. It's been said before, but that's just my two cents.

For that scene (this will sound very anticlimactic) I was actually looking at the tears. Making realistic water is one thing, making tears, which kind of soaks into the skin in a certain way is an entirely different thing. I thought that was pretty cool.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Getting the navi wet occurred a lot for some reason. Like every other scene.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Txontaw

I think they wanted to show off the amazing water effects.

Txon Tsyal

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 09, 2010, 03:06:53 PM
Getting the navi wet occurred a lot for some reason. Like every other scene.

Well its really not near that often, but these scenes are well-made. If they can do something very good why not do it often?
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Maybe, but I think Cameron was trying to over-sexualize the cgi. The visual appeal played a big role in the movie.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Txon Tsyal

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 09, 2010, 04:20:49 PM
Maybe, but I think Cameron was trying to over-sexualize the cgi. The visual appeal played a big role in the movie.

Either that is precisely how he imagined the characters, or he went for the safe bet->sex sells.

I hope its the first mentioned.
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I don't remember them being wet all that often  ??? When did that occur!

It's obvious that the sex-sells thought went in a bit into the movie, but I don't think it was overly played.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng