Movie bloopers

Started by bagget00, January 01, 2010, 11:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 02, 2010, 06:27:09 AM
* You start wondering why they say that Na'vi are hard to kill (beginning) while in the attack on the alien they can kill them with one bullet.

If you listen to what Quaritch says immediately before this, the Na'vi are hard to kill because their bones are naturally reinforced.

Lythienne

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on January 05, 2010, 11:51:45 PM
Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 02, 2010, 06:27:09 AM
* You start wondering why they say that Na'vi are hard to kill (beginning) while in the attack on the alien they can kill them with one bullet.

If you listen to what Quaritch says immediately before this, the Na'vi are hard to kill because their bones are naturally reinforced.

Yes, reinforced bones don't really help that much when you have bullet holes in your organs xD

I'm sure Na'vi bits are just as squishy as human ones, all told.
"You can drop the disaffected emo nerd into the jungles of Pandora, but sometimes he can't see the giant alien forest for the floating mountains." - Jim Wright

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

But reinforced bones (I wants) do help delfect crushing AMP suit blows. And it also helps that the na'vi have some seriously jacked muscles.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Numeie

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 06, 2010, 12:11:30 AM
But reinforced bones (I wants) do help delfect crushing AMP suit blows. And it also helps that the na'vi have some seriously jacked muscles.
Really? They're supposed to be strong but brittle.
Hispanohablantes, si queréis contribuir al wiki de Avatar en español os lo agradecería. http://es.james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/

bagget00

carbon fiber is rock hard and durable too. yes it is brittle but maybe it being a naturally formed carbon fiber look alike, it could be different. (it can't be real carbon fiber because that would take weaving it into shape before the bones get hard. They would get hard by a resin that would need to be produced by the body. Resin is basically made from trees or in labs now. Plus they would be dead by the age of one because their bodys would grow but the bones wouldn't so they would crush themselves into dust by getting older.) It has to be a varient or a super close replica made in a different way than carbo fiber for this to work out in their best interests.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Quaritch did say carbon fiber, but he's no scientist so he could be wrong. Maybe some unknown organic material that shared the propertiesof carbon fiber, thus the confusion.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

bagget00

I guess you just summarized what I was saying but I ...didn't... get .. it.. across. *said sheepishly*
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

It's okay. I hate technical jargon the way I hate street names in my native city. So I find it easier to use simple explanations.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.