Movie mistakes

Started by ftia, March 10, 2010, 11:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Jacko

QuoteI really doubt any pilot would line up face to face like she did.  That was just a cinema device to create dramatic effect, nothing more.  This type of thing is getting a little too deep with reading into what the movie presents.

^This^

Movie 101: Expect plot devices/Deus Ex Machina/general fiction. Make like I do and sit there gawking at all the pretty colours.

Also, apologies for the dodgy quote. Having to browse via proxy, so nothing on here actually works atm other than basic code.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Tsu'roen

I think Trudy was something like a Huey pilot during the Vietnam war era or a Black Hawk pilot of today. Those are rather transporters than fighters (though they may be quiet substantially armed). So she should have been experienced to be in battle situations where everybody tries to shoot her down and be more careful and less hesitant to open fire.

In all honesty - after reading the (2007) script - I really dislike how they changed the whole battle to totally center it around Jake as the sole hero in typical Hollywood fashion. To me the original (2007) script version was far superior to what finally made the screen. And there the Dragon was taken out by Trudy ramming it. Also before that half of the RDA air force deserted Col. Quaritch after they saw that the battle was lost to them.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Tìmuiäyä'itan

What I find strange about Jake in the battle is this scene where he tries to contact everybody in the middle of the battle and no one answers, like, all hell broke lose around all Na'vi forces, they have a hard time saving their lives, leave out winning the battle, and there is Jake, with the Turuk, and he seems to be far away from any troubles...

So, I canno confirm him having a hero role there, I think that goes more for Tsu'tey...
srungìri ftära tsyokxìl ngeyä
ke ivomum futa pesuru
lu srung skiena tsyokxta ngeyä
ulte Jesus a nerìn ayfo pamlltxe
san sutehu lu keltsun
slä Yawähu frakem tsunslu sìk.

Spidey

what i noticed: when jake falls down in his avatar by the Emergency-button after the destruction of hometree, his head lies on his right side. when he wakes up, he lies on the back of the head...

found one more yesterday, bot forgot it. maybe i'll remind -.-

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

It seemed to me that the last battle took on a start of WW2-esque process. On Sept. 1 1939, German panzer divisions and modern Messerschimt fighters attacked across the Polish border, the Poles responded with horse cavalry and P11.c fighters. The Germans cruushed the Poles.

For the movie, you basically replace the panzers with the AMP suits, the Messerschimts with Dragon gunships, the horse cav. stays the same, because it basically was, and replace the P11.c with ikrans. But this time, the underdog wins, by sudden intervention of an otherworldly deity.

At least that's what it seemed to me.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."