my favorite scene in the whole film.......

Started by Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite, February 20, 2011, 01:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Jake was the real issue between them.

I still think maybe Tsu'tey and Sylwanin were promised to each other, and Neytiri was the replacement.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: archaic on March 25, 2011, 03:45:46 AM
I still think maybe Tsu'tey and Sylwanin were promised to each other, and Neytiri was the replacement.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Lolet

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 24, 2011, 10:13:47 PM
She gave him a nasty look once or twice when he was being a dick to Jake, but they never gave me the idea that she really doesn't like him. She probably didn't love him, but I don't think there were any real issues between the two characters.

They just didn't seem like best buddies.  ;D

'Itan Atxur

Definitely have to agree with you there.  ;D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite Omaticaya on March 25, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 24, 2011, 10:13:47 PM
She gave him a nasty look once or twice when he was being a dick to Jake, but they never gave me the idea that she really doesn't like him. She probably didn't love him, but I don't think there were any real issues between the two characters.

They just didn't seem like best buddies.  ;D

Maybe she also kind of resented him because she was promised to him, and had to try to like him whether she wanted to or not.  I get the feeling she was raised more to be a sister to him (maybe because he was originally supposed to marry Silwanin?), and would have been more okay with him if he'd been mated with anybody other than her.  You can tell that she does genuinely feel for him in the scene where Tsu'tey is dying; very well done and moving, but not my personal favorite.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Ekirä

Yeah, I don't think Jake was the only issue between them. When she was first bringing him to Hometree and Tsu'tey captured him...she spoke awfully angrily to Tsu'tey, there had to be some previous tension going on there. Maybe being promised to each other they knew they were had to end up mated for the benefit of the clan, but Neytiri didn't want to and they were trying to work that out. It's possible that she had a bit of an ulterior motive when taking Jake for her mate--it was a convenient way to slip out of a relationship she didn't want to be part of.

Totally off topic and all. ::)

'Itan Atxur

I agree ^^^. I think Tsu'tey and Neytiri would have been a fine match down the line if none of this had ever happened.

Lolet

Quote from: Ekirä on March 25, 2011, 06:34:41 PM
Yeah, I don't think Jake was the only issue between them. When she was first bringing him to Hometree and Tsu'tey captured him...she spoke awfully angrily to Tsu'tey, there had to be some previous tension going on there. Maybe being promised to each other they knew they were had to end up mated for the benefit of the clan, but Neytiri didn't want to and they were trying to work that out. It's possible that she had a bit of an ulterior motive when taking Jake for her mate--it was a convenient way to slip out of a relationship she didn't want to be part of.

Totally off topic and all. ::)

I felt the same way, she totally bit his head off! And she didn't even like Jake all that much then. She talked to Tsu'tey like he was her irritating brother.

Tsu'tey really never had a chance. Girls always go for the dumb ones.  ;)

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

if I were Tsu'tey, I would have acted the same way. some alien coming and asking for acceptance; when the aliens have devastated their world and their clans; I'd be pissed too. I did really love that he finally 'oel ngati kameie' with Jake after becoming Toruk Makto. his death scene was sad, but he went out kicking some @$$ :D ulte lu hu ma nawma sa'nok pxiset :D
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on March 26, 2011, 05:32:27 AM
if I were Tsu'tey, I would have acted the same way. some alien coming and asking for acceptance; when the aliens have devastated their world and their clans; I'd be pissed too. I did really love that he finally 'oel ngati kameie' with Jake after becoming Toruk Makto. his death scene was sad, but he went out kicking some @$$ :D ulte lu hu ma nawma sa'nok pxiset :D

EXACTLY!! Couldn't have said it better. I remember when I watched Avatar for the first time, I never hated Tsu'tey despite him being a jerk towards Jake. I could see where he was coming from. But when Jake shows his true colors (in what is probably my favorite scene), so does Tsu'tey.

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Human No More

I really don't think Neytiri and Tsu'tey got on that well. After all, Tsu'tey was originally going to be mated with Sylwanin, before she died.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

archaic

Quote from: Human No More on March 30, 2011, 11:58:46 AM
I really don't think Neytiri and Tsu'tey got on that well. After all, Tsu'tey was originally going to be mated with Sylwanin, before she died.

I've always suspected this, but is it cannon?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Itan Atxur

They never say if that is or isn't the case, so it may or may not be cannon.

Draconlazurus

My favorite scene is the whole movie! ;D  But if I had to choose, Its a tossup between Dragon gunship going down with all Quaritch's epicness, and the Palulukan chase scene.  Btw, did anyone else find it strange that the kitty(My pet name for Palulukans :D) couldn't catch Jake?  I mean, the top predator around can't catch a lil marine? 

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Draconlazurus on April 23, 2011, 08:45:17 PM
My favorite scene is the whole movie! ;D  But if I had to choose, Its a tossup between Dragon gunship going down with all Quaritch's epicness, and the Palulukan chase scene.  Btw, did anyone else find it strange that the kitty(My pet name for Palulukans :D) couldn't catch Jake?  I mean, the top predator around can't catch a lil marine? 

That's action sequences for ya ;) Sometimes you just have to play along. I like to think that it was a combination of luck and instincts.

Lolet

Quote from: Draconlazurus on April 23, 2011, 08:45:17 PM

Maybe Eywa was protecting him.  ;D

Alyara Arati

Maybe Eywa meant for the thanator to separate him from Grace and Norm, so that the river would then carry him closer to Neytiri...
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Lolet

Quote from: Alyara Arati on April 23, 2011, 10:42:47 PM
Maybe Eywa meant for the thanator to separate him from Grace and Norm, so that the river would then carry him closer to Neytiri...

So it was a thanator of romance...  :-*

Dalva

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite Omaticaya on April 23, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
Quote from: Alyara Arati on April 23, 2011, 10:42:47 PM

So it was a thanator of romance...  :-*
ha that's plausible