Na'vi blogging... (Spoiler)

Started by omängum fra'uti, December 22, 2009, 06:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omängum fra'uti

Did anyone else think of blogging or other forms of social networking when Neytiri took Jake to the Tree of Voices and taught him about talking to the voices?
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Sarkath

Well that is what Grace explains it to the humans towards the end of the movie.  That is is a social network with more connections then the human brain.

Seniver

It made me think of the internet in general, the way we upload and download files, etc.

Seze

Quote from: Seniver on December 22, 2009, 07:14:33 PM
It made me think of the internet in general, the way we upload and download files, etc.

I agree, especially when since it can transfer an entire consciousness between bodies.  It also reminded me of the matrix, except if you get killed in an avatar body, you don't die in your human body...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Brainiac

Quote from: Seze on December 22, 2009, 08:14:35 PM

I agree, especially when since it can transfer an entire consciousness between bodies.  It also reminded me of the matrix, except if you get killed in an avatar body, you don't die in your human body...
yes, I wondered about that one as well.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Ptxèrra

i thought it more like na'vi beeing usb sticks,
connecting when they want,
trees beeing the internet,
and some trees you can link on (usb portal / computer)

but thats nearly the same as previously mentioned.
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

xsoft

When we go out of the cinema after premiere, we play with scarf (muffler) and we wan also "personal USB/LAN port".

Nowdays I will it maybe compare to nect port from Matrix movie (but on organic base).
Navi != Na'vi. Deku Tree != Utral Aymokriyä

Eyamsiyu

You mentioned Matrix.  Couldn't help myself:

"Take the red pill, and you will become a Na'vi, permanently placed on the environment there.  Granted, you will not immediately become "one of them," but you might just get in.  Of course, of you prefer the way you are living now, all you have to do is take the blue pill.  Up to you."

;D

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Tsamsiyu Tirea

lol that was the first thing that came to my mind when i first saw it.
awsiteng ayoeng tsun.

Txontompa

Quote from: Au'ekong on December 23, 2009, 09:03:15 PM
You mentioned Matrix.  Couldn't help myself:

"Take the red pill, and you will become a Na'vi, permanently placed on the environment there.  Granted, you will not immediately become "one of them," but you might just get in.  Of course, of you prefer the way you are living now, all you have to do is take the blue pill.  Up to you."

;D

o.o

*reaches for the red pill and stuffs it in her mouth*

i couldn't help myself!

tute nuereime

i would like to know if the tree of voices in the move is only the only one because that would really suck when they plow it down

takes the red pill and puts the blue pill in his pocket in case anything goes wrong
kaltxì peng oeru fra'uya niNa'Vi

Brainiac

*grinds the two pills and snorts them both*

tute nuereime

congratulations you have become the first na'vi/human hybrid. you are 7 feet tall, human skin color with blotches of blue, you have a human face but na'vi eyes and ears, a small tail, you can no form the bond and you cant breathe either atmosphere good luck hahahahaha

Eyamsiyu

Take the green pill to reverse effects of taking both pills at the same time.

Oh, and "snorting" pills, in general, never really does the same as the pill was intended to do.  So basically all that happened from him was he got high off of some weird space-time continuum thing(?).

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Brainiac

Novelistgirl

I like this idea of a kind of web of consciousness. And they have an advantage we don't have, they don't need to use a computer or anything else to share those data. Just the bond in their braids. Someone on another forum used a name I thought very appropriate to qualify it : the USB braid. lol  ;D

Quote from: tute nuereime on December 25, 2009, 01:43:36 AM
i would like to know if the tree of voices in the move is only the only one because that would really suck when they plow it down

I don't think it's the only one. At the end, we see Jake talking to another tree of voices when he's asking for help from Eywa. :)

Brainiac

Quote from: tute nuereime on December 25, 2009, 01:43:36 AM

It's 'one of the fields'. I think that's how they refer to it.

tute nuereime

so when referred to as a single tree it is the tree of voices but as a collective they are "the fields"?

Kxetse a-ean

Shouldn't the blue pill lead to your Pandoran future? :)

Eyamsiyu

That leaves too many options open.  Your Pandoran future can mean anything from what we hope (becoming a Na'vi) to just becoming one of the Sky-People, there to make a lot of cash.  Or you just end up a plant.