Name of Neytiri's ikran

Started by Seze, December 21, 2009, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

Quote from: umängam fra'uti on December 23, 2009, 01:28:40 PM
Since Ikran bond for life, I'd assume Jake could still call on his in the future.  The leonopteryx was just for show, both to raise the hopes of the Na'vi with the coming of the fifth (Sixth?) toruk makto, and as a show of force (Such as it were against gunships) in the battle.

I would spit out my soda, if in the Sequel, Jake names his Ikran Spot, Goofy, Snoopy, or Scoobie!

In shaggy voice:

Fly Scoobie, I will feed Scoobie snacks!
Tswayon "Tskxungi" yayomtìng Tskxungi'yom nang

私は太った男だ。

Beduino

I don't think Jakes Ikran died, neither that they "lost" their Tsahaylu.

They all make Tsahaylu with the Ikran, the horse, plants, trees, etc, etc.
So it will still be there, for life :)
tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

ModernZebra

Quote from: Taronyu on December 23, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
An interesting question is what happened to Jake's ikran. We don't see it after he jumps on the greatlyenupteryx.

its Great Leonopteryx lol :D
Your health is low... do you have any potions, or food?

ModernZebra

Quote from: Skxawng on December 23, 2009, 04:08:18 PM
I think I misspelt it, but Zeheylu or whatever is the bond made between a Na'vi and an another animal itself. (using the ponytail thing)  Direhorse is 'pa'li' in Na'vi.

yes you did misspell it, its "Tsaheylu", this is just a thought but if Ikran are lifelong bonds only, then Neytiri cannot choose another correct? and the Toruk is now Jakes unless some strange biological law allows him to have two "large flying creatures". (I was gonna say Ikran but Toruk isnt one).

omängum fra'uti

They say the ikran only ever bond with one Na'vi.  But they never said one Na'vi only ever bonds with one ikran.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Eywayä mokri

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 27, 2009, 07:41:52 AM
They say the ikran only ever bond with one Na'vi.  But they never said one Na'vi only ever bonds with one ikran.

Completely right. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

shiaru

Ok I see as the animal not being able to bond to other Na'vi because it can only hold one mental imprint, this is not so for the Pa'li because they are more independent that or perhaps the fact that they are more readily available evolved them to be able to accept all imprints. I Personally think she can get another one, but thing is will she get another one?
~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Tolaro´ni´tirea

I "hope" Neytiri get an new ikran and both fly together like in the first movie.
So i don´t think jakes ikran is dead.
Kaltxi, aysmúkan, aysmuké

ModernZebra

i think it would be great if she chose another Ikran, it was just awesome watching them fly in 3D with all those panoramic views of the Hallellujah mountains and forests

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Tolaro´ni´tirea on December 27, 2009, 12:07:52 PM
I "hope" Neytiri get an new ikran and both fly together like in the first movie.
So i don´t think jakes ikran is dead.
No reason to think Jake's irkan is dead.  The last we saw of it was when he jumped onto the toruk.

(And has anyone else noticed we almost always use the words toruk, ikran, nantang and palulukan on this forum, but almost never the names the Human's used, except for some occasional cases in writing translations?  And even in translations sometimes we keep the Na'vi word anyway.)

ModernZebra

lol yea its because we are learning the language and so want to use it as much as possible :D

ldaws1

I heard that Toruk makto isn't technically correct, but JC was insistent

Nanaki

Quote from: ldaws1 on March 14, 2010, 04:02:26 AM

First post and you make a necropost ...  ::)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 27, 2009, 07:41:52 AM

So in theory... an army of Ikrans isn't out of the question?
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Tsu'roen

Quote from: Skxawng on December 23, 2009, 04:01:41 PM
... Clearly the Ikran and Toruk are pretty much a closely related species, ...

I don't think so. While they are similar in many things there is one very significant difference:
Toruk has - like almost all higher Pandoran land animals - six limbs.
But the various Ikran species have only four limbs like the Na'vi.
Though Toruk and the Ikran may have a common ancestor it most likely is a very distant ancestor.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Nanaki on March 14, 2010, 05:14:55 AM

And one hell of a necropost at that.  The previous post was from 10 days after Avatar's release.

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 14, 2010, 07:47:46 PM
Quote from: Skxawng on December 23, 2009, 04:01:41 PM
... Clearly the Ikran and Toruk are pretty much a closely related species, ...

I don't think so. While they are similar in many things there is one very significant difference:
Toruk has - like almost all higher Pandoran land animals - six limbs.
But the various Ikran species have only four limbs like the Na'vi.
Though Toruk and the Ikran may have a common ancestor it most likely is a very distant ancestor.

They both look like they have evolved from some fishlike creatures, they have the same teeth structure and similar body structure, only the limbs are different really...
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Hapxì Nantang

Quote from: Taronyu on December 23, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
An interesting question is what happened to Jake's ikran. We don't see it after he jumps on the greatlyenupteryx.

I think he fed it to Toruk
The first Hapxí!!

archaic

Quote from: Nanaki on March 14, 2010, 05:14:55 AM

Mawey Nanaki, mawey.

Ma ldaws1, just to give you a heads up, the general etiquette is, that the mods don't like it if you revive a post that's untouched for 10 days, or longer.
(I've said my piece on this subject elsewhere.)

Welcome, btw.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Nanaki

Quote from: archaic on March 22, 2010, 06:55:37 AM
Mawey Nanaki, mawey.

In fact, I didn't scare him, I put a funny smiley :D ;D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!