Parkers Office on Pandora (RDA)

Started by Zefanaya, February 01, 2010, 12:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

Quote from: kintìomum on April 08, 2010, 06:20:53 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 08, 2010, 12:28:28 AM
(snip)inside Hell's Gate would have been as dangerous as outside.(snip)
Unless you're one with a gun and lightning fast reflexes...
I remember the Stanford-Prison-experiment where one half of a class would take role as prison guards and the other half as prisoners.
That one turned ugly so fast that they aborted it on the sixth day.
It would create an interesting setup if Quaritch came back victorious and Hell's Gate fell under "law of the gun". I wonder if RDA-leaderboard would send someone to mop it up and restore order or simply change the name from "Extra-Solar Colony 01" to "Extra-Solar Penal Facility A"...

Yes that would be interesting, let's be glad that Quaritch got his a** kicked. (I know I said I would not be on but I managed to find a wifi signal while we were out and I just so happened to purchase an iPad today).

Eywa ngagu.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Just saw Avatar again last night. Only three theaters in San Diego showing it anymore.

"Quaritch (has?) taken over, and there's no stopping him."

This is what Max said when they were in the shack and Trudy complains about martyrdom.

So, my question: Could this be a scene that directly mentions the (deleted) coup? Or did I mishear Max? I need to go see Avatar again. maybe tonight.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tsa'räni

I think the feel of the theatrical release is that Quaritch has decided he's going to strike at the Na'vi first whether or not anyone objects.  The quote you refer to (though I thought it was "Quaritch is rolling and.." but it's been a while since I've seen it) is a big part of that implication.  Also, we have the look on Selfridge's face as the armada takes off.  It always seemed pretty clear to me that Selfridge wasn't exactly behind the strike against the Tree of Souls.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 09, 2010, 10:51:33 PM
Just saw Avatar again last night. Only three theaters in San Diego showing it anymore.

"Quaritch (has?) taken over, and there's no stopping him."

This is what Max said when they were in the shack and Trudy complains about martyrdom.

So, my question: Could this be a scene that directly mentions the (deleted) coup? Or did I mishear Max? I need to go see Avatar again. maybe tonight.

I don't think you misheard him, just slamming Selfridge against the wall didn't see like enough to signal a coup, I felt something was missing.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

"quaritch is taken over, he's rollin' an there's no stoppin him".  that is the exact quote from the movie.  Take it as you want it.  If you want the first part of his talk with jake, just ask for it :)
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

kintìomum

Quote from: Kawnga Palulukana Tutan (KPT) on April 11, 2010, 01:05:11 AM
"quaritch is taken over, he's rollin' an there's no stoppin him"(snip)
Wasn't it "has taken over"?
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Zefanaya

Quote from: kintìomum on April 11, 2010, 01:28:41 PM

He's right the line is "quaritch is taken over, he's rollin and theirs no stopping him". I should now I am at the theater right now.

Eywa ngahu

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on April 11, 2010, 04:20:21 PM
Quote from: kintìomum on April 11, 2010, 01:28:41 PM

He's right the line is "quaritch is taken over, he's rollin and theirs no stopping him". I should now I am at the theater right now.

Eywa ngahu

yes as I said, EXACT quote.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

kintìomum

... then the german translation sucks. There they say "Quaritch is on the run. There is a total mobilization and they're rigging the shuttles as bombers".
Shows that there is a forgotten bit from the original skript where both shuttles were used for the attack.
Can't wait to get the BluRay. And the new TV. And the BluRay player as we're at it...

Zefanaya

I think they should if kept that part of the original 07 script. And yeah I have seen the bootlegged copy of avatar with German subtitles it os kinda well ya know... Nit accurate.

Eywa ngahu

kintìomum

Oh well, the cinema-version is quite accurate. Some stupid translation errors but I can translate most of it back into the original...
Kinda like subtitles running in my head. The main reason for me watching films in their original language is to cut out these translation errors. And mostly the actor's voices are a lot better. Won't forget the first time I saw "A Knight's Tale" in english and how stunned I was by the original voices...

Zefanaya

Quote from: kintìomum on April 12, 2010, 10:27:12 AM
Oh well, the cinema-version is quite accurate. Some stupid translation errors but I can translate most of it back into the original...
Kinda like subtitles running in my head. The main reason for me watching films in their original language is to cut out these translation errors. And mostly the actor's voices are a lot better. Won't forget the first time I saw "A Knight's Tale" in english and how stunned I was by the original voices...

Yeah I don't really need subtitles at least not for Avatar. But this is slightly off topic. Anyone care to (just for the heck of it) speculate on what Parker will do now that he was kicked off Pandora, and if he will be in the next movie? 

Eywa ngahu.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

We actually have a full discussion on that in "Human Return to Pandora." Please comment/speculate on that here:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-customs-and-culture/a-human-return-to-pandora/
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Zefanaya

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 12, 2010, 08:59:31 PM
We actually have a full discussion on that in "Human Return to Pandora." Please comment/speculate on that here:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-customs-and-culture/a-human-return-to-pandora/

Right I used to post a lot over there, it's a really good thread. And if this thread is tor remain open, please ask questions about Parker, his office, or his influence to the war/his arrest (in the '07 script) and Quaritch taking over now, or I will lock the thread till more info is available.