New records

Started by Hawnuyu atìtse'a, January 06, 2010, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Avatar is now the #3 highest grossing film! Only $20 mil away from #2! You can do it!

Also, highest member attendance today on the forum! Woot!

"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Tsyaltuan

Just made it to #2 http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Now the question is will it top Titanic?

Ftiafpi

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Judging from the "how many times have you seen avatar?" thread i say most assuredly

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Nume fpi sänume

Noone in my family has seen it less than 4 times. the first 2 we all saw it together. After that we took other friends with us.

Swok Txon

omg easily

its only JUST been released in cinemas in china, over here in Australia its set to show until mid February i think

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Txura Tirea

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Ftiafpi

$1.138 billion as of yesterday, however Thursdays are usually slow, today and Saturday though are going to rock the socks off this thing!

Tanhì Tireafya'o

It will beat Titanic for sure. I'll bet my whole yeah.. what.. (cellphone? xD). I'm just sure it'll win. And then, in 25 years, James Cameron makes his last movie and beats 'em all. So he'll have a top 3 films ever made.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Ftiafpi

Heh, I know it's looking WAYYYYYY far ahead, but do you think he'll be the one to top the Avatar (Series) with whatever he makes after the third movie? It seems unlikely but I wouldn't rule it out.

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Naah.. don't think so. But with Cameron, you'd never know it.

Txontaw

If he does (and I'm assuming that the two sequels will be as popular as this one), then he will be holding the five top box office spots, something no other director has ever done.

On the subject of sequels, it all depends if they is as captivating as the first. If not, then he wil lose all of the fans second, third, fourth, etc. viewings. So there's no way he will reach the top unless it is awesomer than the first. He's on a fine line between best director ever. and worst sequel ever.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Roiki

Quote from: Txontaw on January 08, 2010, 02:41:36 PM
On the subject of sequels, it all depends if they is as captivating as the first. If not, then he wil lose all of the fans second, third, fourth, etc. viewings. So there's no way he will reach the top unless it is awesomer than the first. He's on a fine line between best director ever. and worst sequel ever.

Here i think he unintentionally shot himself in the leg a bit, he made the first one so captivating and mezmerising that it's sequels are gonna be between the rock and a hard place to give something new that will draw not only the fans but the average viewer back into the theaters for seconds.

When the sequel come out this is gonna go in to the "highest-grossing film series" top 20, hopefully in time it will top that chart as well.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Avatar is now #10 all time domestic (US) gross! $20 million till #9!

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Bekepam Taronyu

hell, it'll probably be the best selling trilogy if there is a sequel. Like look at lord of the rings or star wars, theyre still making some large $$$ after so many years!
silentsniper- "no-sound hunter"- bekepam taronyu

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Quote from: Bekepam Taronyu on January 08, 2010, 05:05:13 PM
hell, it'll probably be the best selling trilogy if there is a sequel. Like look at lord of the rings or star wars, theyre still making some large $$$ after so many years!
Well, I hope they'll use the one billion dollars they made to create the sequal. If $400 million and a good script/acting etc. made this movie, than more than the double of that would make the next movie perfect?
Well, I hope James makes a sequel and that they all will end up in the top 4, with Titanic on 4. :P

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

They could do the sequel in half the budget, much of it was for developing new tech. But cameron isn't one to fall back on old methods, and if he doesn't break new ground again, I'll be mildly surprised.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.