next time you see Avatar, look for...

Started by Will Txankamuse, January 27, 2010, 04:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsa'räni

It's doubtful we'll get technology like they're using with silicon.  More than likely it will be the next material in line (most likely graphene at this point) or possibly some form of quantum computing.  Don't forget, they use quantum entanglement to send near instantaneous data, though it appears to be a relatively crude (so probably fairly new) form.

A couple decades is reasonable with graphene, assuming it works out as they're hoping.  Quantum computing is further off.

Zefanaya

I am in favor of them writing their own code so RDA Soft
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 14, 2010, 10:04:48 AM
Quote from: Technowraith on February 14, 2010, 03:27:40 AM
Microsoft may not even exist by this time anymore. There's far more advanced technology in use at this time. I can imagine the technology in use in avatar being available in 10 or so years.

Lol! There's far more advanced technology and yet we'll get it in 10 years. I bet 20 years. Some of this stuff is very complex, you can see that every screen use glasses-free 3D technology and have at least 4k resolution. For that, they must have very powerful controllers which we'll not see before a long time. At least, we're closing on the transparent screens and sphere screens.

Remember though Kawazoe, fifteen years ago, you were considered lucky to have a 256-MB RAM card. I don't see it as that far of a stretch that we could have this stuff inside of 15 years. Heck, the military probably already has it, they just don't wanna tell us. Like all those Air Force commercials. LOL.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 14, 2010, 03:38:27 PM
Microsoft may not even exist by this time anymore. There's far more advanced technology in use at this time. I can imagine the technology in use in avatar being available in 10 or so years.

Lol! There's far more advanced technology and yet we'll get it in 10 years. I bet 20 years. Some of this stuff is very complex, you can see that every screen use glasses-free 3D technology and have at least 4k resolution. For that, they must have very powerful controllers which we'll not see before a long time. At least, we're closing on the transparent screens and sphere screens.

Remember though Kawazoe, fifteen years ago, you were considered lucky to have a 256-MB RAM card. I don't see it as that far of a stretch that we could have this stuff inside of 15 years. Heck, the military probably already has it, they just don't wanna tell us. Like all those Air Force commercials. LOL.

I doubt it, simply because the military have no use for it. At CES 2010, they shown a 52" QHDTV with glasses-free 3D. It is an awesome product, but you can't get that resolution on a smaller panel because we can't make smaller transistors yet. The best that we can do right now is a 15" OLED 1080p transparent laptop display. It doesn't have 3D support because OLED can't handle 120 hz correctly. Even if those look very nice, they cost huge amount of money: 25k for the QHDTV and at least 10k for the laptop.

What I'm saying is that we can see all of those technology right now but we can't integrate them. The time it will take for them to scale down and merge isn't going to be short and it will take even more time for the price to get down.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Txonyä'ite

Just had to comment on the Matanza arms corp on the rifle stocks. Does anyone else think its a little messed up that the company that made the guns was massacre arms corp. Massacre=matanza in spanish. Don't know if it was mentioned, just thought it funny.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 14, 2010, 04:24:35 PM
Just had to comment on the Matanza arms corp on the rifle stocks. Does anyone else think its a little messed up that the company that made the guns was massacre arms corp. Massacre=matanza in spanish. Don't know if it was mentioned, just thought it funny.

lol, I never noticed that..hah, little WETA workshop in-joke there I bet.

Muntxa

It's nothing really important (except for me xDD), but when Jake and the others climb on Iknimaya and they look out of this small cave and Neytiri comes with Seze, she looks at Jake and smiles widely, then shyly looks down. I haven't noticed it the first two times I watch the movie. Seems actually like a big step in their relationship.

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 14, 2010, 03:38:27 PM

Of course the military all ready has half the stuff we have seen in avatar I mean for crying out loud they have a plain that has a gas laser that can blow up ground objects and missiles moving at 1000 mph. If tech advances quick in a public environment imagine what an undisturbed and unlimited budget would do for tech.

image curtsey of Boeing.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/abl/images/MSF06-1488-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/abl/pics-clips/AC_unstow_flt_050517-F-7719S-004.html&usg=__pYPZ-Bn2p0bWDFq4JZOWJBtpVbo=&h=400&w=600&sz=137&hl=en&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=1Nj1hmNbZAwnCM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBoeing%2Blaser%2Bplane%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Tsa'räni

I think it should be mentioned that the ABL platform is still being tested.  It's only in the last couple days that it actually shot down its first two test missiles.  While it's no doubt impressive, I just want to make the point that this technology isn't standard rotation in the military yet.  And actually, the program has been under heavy fire due to its cost and how far it is behind schedule.

Another place to judge where the Avatar universe is with technology is the fact that the ASG mentions the newest generation of weapons on Earth are the "latest iterations of ferro-magnetic" weaponry.  This implies they have more than one generation of either rail or gauss guns, which we are still quite a long ways from making portable enough that the RDA would be able to use them if they wanted.  More than likely it means they have hand held versions, too.

Muntxa

Oh, and I found out what the white handprint on Neytiri's chest is supposed to be. It's a five-fingered handprint of Jake.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Lightna

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 15, 2010, 02:33:13 PM
Nice. So he did "help her out" then. ;D

I wouldn't be quite surprised. Since battles are ugly affairs, they probably wanted to spend as much time as they could together before the battle because they were probably unsure they would see each other after the fight. I'm certainly glad that they were able to see each other after the fight. 8)

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Muntxa on February 15, 2010, 02:22:20 PM
Oh, and I found out what the white handprint on Neytiri's chest is supposed to be. It's a five-fingered handprint of Jake.
Nice to see where jakes hands were :P

Will Txankamuse

it's bugging me now... can someone who's going soon (technowraith?  ;D) confirm my memory that the author of the book on the Na'vi that Jake throws on the floor is Frank Palmer?

I'm going again on Saturday and I'm going to check then but I can't wait until then arghhh

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on February 17, 2010, 11:58:54 AM
it's bugging me now... can someone who's going soon (technowraith?  ;D) confirm my memory that the author of the book on the Na'vi that Jake throws on the floor is Frank Palmer?

I'm going again on Saturday and I'm going to check then but I can't wait until then arghhh

Will

I think it is. Damn I so much want that brick to be released! 1000 pages of Na'vi'ish stuff! ;D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Fnua Atxkxe

It appears to be although I couldn't say for certain, have a good quality clip of the film but it isn't quite clear enough to say for certain.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 17, 2010, 12:11:29 PM

Will

I think it is. Damn I so much want that brick to be released! 1000 pages of Na'vi'ish stuff! ;D

Yea, so do I, the ASG pails by comparison to that. Next project, get Cameron to release that book.

LearnNavi Forums:

Txonyä'ite

Quote from: Muntxa on February 15, 2010, 11:56:03 AM
It's nothing really important (except for me xDD), but when Jake and the others climb on Iknimaya and they look out of this small cave and Neytiri comes with Seze, she looks at Jake and smiles widely, then shyly looks down. I haven't noticed it the first two times I watch the movie. Seems actually like a big step in their relationship.

I thought this was cool too! Did you also notice the death stare Neytiri gives Tsu'tey when he makes Jake go first?

Technowraith

Will

Speaking of "that brick", perhaps jake should have thrown it at Quaritch in his frustration.  ;D
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Quote from: Technowraith on February 17, 2010, 03:29:52 PM

Will

Speaking of "that brick", perhaps jake should have thrown it at Quaritch in his frustration.  ;D

Exactly, far better way to take out anger.

LearnNavi Forums: