next time you see Avatar, look for...

Started by Will Txankamuse, January 27, 2010, 04:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Muntxa on February 07, 2010, 01:55:39 PM
Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 07, 2010, 01:33:22 PM
Quote from: Muntxa on February 07, 2010, 01:08:17 PM
I've just returned from the movie and have to write something now. It's not a big thing, but did you notice when Quaritch fights against Jake at the end and Neytiri tries to help him (but she's under the Thananor). She then can escape and attacks Quaritch. She has a white hand print on her chest!

I wonder what it is. Did Jake do that? Or an enemy?

Interesting point, guess she was marked by Jake before the battle, all the Na'vi in the battle were covered with body paint.

Edit : woho!! I'm Omatikaya now!:D

Congratulations : D And I'm Uniltìrantokx now^^ Just noticed.

BTT: Maybe by Jake... But it's right on her chest! Directly over her chest... xD And it seems so sloppy.
Congrats to you as well! :)
Quote from: dky.tehkingd.u on February 07, 2010, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Tutean-tìhawnu on February 07, 2010, 10:29:39 AM
Quote from: dky.tehkingd.u on February 07, 2010, 12:28:12 AM
The Swan (I think that's what it's called) vehicle from the game is visible very briefly during the first Hell's Gate scene.

Thats the buggie thing with some kind of machine cannon on the back?

Yep. That thing. It's only seen in one shot for only a few seconds during the scene where Jake first wheels himself off the Valkyrie ramp. I've always wondered why the RDA forces never used it during the final battle.

Wait, it's that giant machine with dozen of arrows in its wheels? They used a bigger "ride" when they destroyed the forest, where Selfrdge took over the controls and ordered to move forward. Also in the last battle they used alot of airsupply and on the ground the used AMP's and regular mercs because the woods were so crowded and thick, they wanted to enter them quietly.

dky.tehkingd.u

No, the giant thing with arrows stuck in the wheels is the Hell Truck (giant dump truck that carries Unobtanium).

The Swan is like the RDA's version of the UNSC Warthog from Halo: A land vehicle with a machine gun in back.

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"
"Keye'ung? FÌTSENG. LU. SPA'TAAAAAAA!!!"

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: dky.tehkingd.u on February 07, 2010, 10:03:50 PM
No, the giant thing with arrows stuck in the wheels is the Hell Truck (giant dump truck that carries Unobtanium).

The Swan is like the RDA's version of the UNSC Warthog from Halo: A land vehicle with a machine gun in back.

I just saw it. It does look at lot like a warthog. You can see it at the moment Jake wheelchair first touch Pandoran's ground.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

TorukMakto!

There is the giant machine that Selfidge rides in it, with cameras and Jake destroys one of it's cameras. What is this one?

Tutean-tìhawnu

It's a giant remotely operated bulldoser, can't remember if it has a special name.
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 08, 2010, 12:58:32 AM

There is the giant machine that Selfidge rides in it, with cameras and Jake destroys one of it's cameras. What is this one?

Yea, he wasn't riding in it, its a giant remote controlled Tonka toy.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

dky.tehkingd.u

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 08, 2010, 12:58:32 AM

That's a remote-controlled RDA dozer. It clears trees, basically...

It's remote-controlled, so Selfridge wasn't actually riding in it. The driver sits back at the base.

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"

^What are you kidding, it clears EVERYTHING, its like Arnold Schwarzenegger as a giant bulldozer.

LearnNavi Forums:

Tsa'räni

It even clears natives doing the funky chicken!

If something was like 10 times your vertical height and weighed god-knows how much, you'd run too.

LearnNavi Forums:

TorukMakto!

Heck, I'd run if a normal dozer was coming at me.

The fact that the arrows stuck in the wheels of the Hell Trucks without deflating them says thems is some durable tires, because those arrows aren't exactly your average human hunting arrows. LOL

LearnNavi Forums:

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 09, 2010, 06:25:42 PM

The fact that the arrows stuck in the wheels of the Hell Trucks without deflating them says thems is some durable tires, because those arrows aren't exactly your average human hunting arrows. LOL

Yea :)
I think they were 5 ft long and covered/enhanced with neuro toxins.

Esperanto

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 09, 2010, 06:25:42 PM

They sure as hell aren't Firestone tires! ;D Probably Goodyear.
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Eyamsiyu

I think they are RDA brand: after all, they practically own the world.

One thing that I'll probably do is, before I see it, read the script (and pay attention to the parts that ARE in the movie), and compare the minor differences between the movie and the script when it comes to details in individual scenes.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Ftiafpi

Well one thing about tires for a truck that massive is that they are usually really, REALLY thick rubber, on the order of many inches. They may also not be inflated (solid tires) or may be made in such a way that the tire seals itself around punctures. Also, when you stab a tire it usually only causes a slow leak around the puncture and will usually take a while to deflate the tire.

Swizaw Nguway

I vote for solid tyres, they new that the world was very dangerous, so I would guess they are solid to prevent humans from being stranded.

dky.tehkingd.u

Quote from: Swizaw Nguway on February 12, 2010, 03:01:27 PM
I vote for solid tyres, they new that the world was very dangerous, so I would guess they are solid to prevent humans from being stranded.

Either that, or really thick tires... like REALLY thick. Since the tires are already REALLY huge, making them REALLY thick as well makes sense.

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"

Esperanto

Quote from: dky.tehkingd.u on February 12, 2010, 03:52:36 PM
Either that, or really thick tires... like REALLY thick. Since the tires are already REALLY huge, making them REALLY thick as well makes sense.
I mean really... you don't have to worry about the weight affecting gas mileage when you're plundering natural energy resources. :P
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Swizaw Nguway

LOL yeah, I bet those diggers have like 0.01 MPG. Talk about C02 emissions. Yet another reason why the na'vi hate sky people.