Neytiri clan leader

Started by Swizaw Nguway, February 16, 2010, 05:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Panzerfaust on February 18, 2010, 07:52:06 PM
Anyone else notice that the word for clan leader appears masculine? Olo'eyktan - clan leader, just like Tsmukan - brother
Wether or not this implies that the clan leader is by tradition male is debatable, but i thought it was worth noting.

Good point, if you are correct then would she not be Olo'eykte?

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 19, 2010, 07:14:11 AM

Also I can not see that there was ever a need for Neytiri to take over leadership after the
As for the Ceremonial Bow, it "... is primarily ... for ceremony by clan elders, but ... functions perfectly in hunt or battle. ... usually handed down from generation to generation ..." (ASG p.45) - so it isn't a distinct sign of clan leadership.

In the Activist Survival Guide* I'm sure it says somewhere that due to being Ceremonial it functioned so well in battle because it was made of the utmost quality, a little off topic.
*I know it's sometimes unreliable but I'm speculating
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 21, 2010, 02:08:28 AM
Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on February 20, 2010, 06:46:47 PM
agreed, but also after something bad has happened putting some one the people like or look up to in a high place (not hight related) can help keep the people some what calm and motivated seeing your home destroyed and your friends or family members killed would make me want to just fall down a weep for hours as it is seeing that part of the movie made me cry.
That would actually make the strongest argument for Mo'at's leadership: she is well established as Tsahik and the Omatikaya trust her. Also as the Tsahik she is the spiritual leader, the one who interprets the will of Eywa. So at that point all the people would be looking for her guidance (like many went to the churches after 911).
Neytiri is still very young and many years away from being ready for the position. I doubt she would be the one the people look up to in this situation.
And finally you don't change leaders in a time of crisis if you already have a capable one.

I agree, but what I meant about look up to is I am assuming she is someone who is well liked or respected among the Na'vi, I think the main reason she was picked to protect the people is because Tsu'te was not around and Eytukan was dieing and Neytiri was their so he tasked her with the protection of the people, and she appears to be a very good and strong fighter.

Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Zefanaya

Quote from: Hufwe Tsamsiyu on February 22, 2010, 01:00:31 PM
Quote from: Panzerfaust on February 18, 2010, 07:52:06 PM
Anyone else notice that the word for clan leader appears masculine? Olo'eyktan - clan leader, just like Tsmukan - brother
Wether or not this implies that the clan leader is by tradition male is debatable, but i thought it was worth noting.

Good point, if you are correct then would she not be Olo'eykte?

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 19, 2010, 07:14:11 AM

Also I can not see that there was ever a need for Neytiri to take over leadership after the
As for the Ceremonial Bow, it "... is primarily ... for ceremony by clan elders, but ... functions perfectly in hunt or battle. ... usually handed down from generation to generation ..." (ASG p.45) - so it isn't a distinct sign of clan leadership.

If you follow the form and rules of the language than their word for a female clan leader would be Olo'eykte so good work
Irayo
Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH