Parkers Office on Pandora (RDA)

Started by Zefanaya, February 01, 2010, 12:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roiki

Quote from: El Jacko on April 03, 2010, 06:20:08 AM
And the 50MT bomb the Russians made was technically a fusion bomb, releasing a damn sight more energy than Fission could ever achieve.

Actually Tsar bomba was a hydrogen bomb that, while deriving some energy from the second and third fusion stage(most of it in tsar bombas case) still requires a normal fission reaction to start the chain reaction. Normal hydrogen bombs only takes about 30% more power from the fusion stage. So they aren't purely fusion bombs. And Since they replaced the secondary and tertiary stage tempers with lead, they reduced the original 100 Mt yield to half.

While the use of antimatter is theoretical until we get a proper fusion power source, controlling it's reactions isn't expected to be much harder than nuclear fission or fusion, they all operate on the same principles(atomic reactions creating energy) and generate hazardous conditions(fusion less so) that could lead to a serious accident without proper precautions. But yes it's highly theoretical and many practical problems need to be solved before it even becomes an option, if we get it before the middle of this millenia i'd consider us lucky. And even while the annihilation is a total mass-energy conversion, we don't know how much of that energy would be carried out by photons and/or neutrinos and thus "lost".
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Tsepxor

Ok, we've drifted far enough away from "Parker's Office on Pandora (RDA)". Nuclear energy cannot be compared to Unobtanium. As mentioned, it is a superconducter and works like a magnet (remember Iknimaya). My guess it that on earth, they use it in the same way that we generate all electricity at the moment; To turn turbines.

-Tsepxor

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"
<MulleDK19> it ended with: "Death of a wheelchair - On the road since 1250"

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tsepxor on April 03, 2010, 08:10:03 PM
Ok, we've drifted far enough away from "Parker's Office on Pandora (RDA)". Nuclear energy cannot be compared to Unobtanium. As mentioned, it is a superconducter and works like a magnet (remember Iknimaya). My guess it that on earth, they use it in the same way that we generate all electricity at the moment; To turn turbines.

-Tsepxor

Irayo for getting us back on track. With the release of the iPad I have not had much time to get on. I agree that unobtainium is used as a super conductor, this would allow not only for storage or transfer of power (like in power lines) but it could be used in small consumer devices like those tablets the RDA's used perhaps those did not use unobtanium as a conductor but the next gen. would as it is we are begging to use man made super diamonds like silocon (or we will be). Sorry for leaving this short but i am on my Droid again.

Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

as I said earlier on in the thread.  Parker has a baseball on his shelf.  I highly doubt that baseball will still be all that popular 140ish yars into the future.  who knows, maybe he's just a pack rat or a collector, which I think would be typical for a guy like him.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Sanmäkx

Quote from: Kawng Palulukan Tutean (KPT) on April 04, 2010, 12:01:41 AM
I highly doubt that baseball will still be all that popular 140ish yars into the future.

The first official game of baseball in the United States was held in 1846, some 164 years ago. The earliest reference to baseball comes 102 years before that, in 1744, but the game's origins stretch back even farther in various forms.

I'd expect baseball to continue to age fairly well over the next 140 years.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Sanmäkx on April 04, 2010, 12:18:57 AM
Quote from: Kawng Palulukan Tutean (KPT) on April 04, 2010, 12:01:41 AM
I highly doubt that baseball will still be all that popular 140ish yars into the future.

The first official game of baseball in the United States was held in 1846, some 164 years ago. The earliest reference to baseball comes 102 years before that, in 1744, but the game's origins stretch back even farther in various forms.

I'd expect baseball to continue to age fairly well over the next 140 years.
Ah, but in my opinion it is already starting to die, just as Polo is.
I still think it makes him a collector though.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Roiki

Even if it's dwindling now it doesn't mean it's gonna die away, it's well documented. Maybe it made a comeback and is as popular as american football is now, who knows. As long as we have records of it, it won't die out, someone's always playing it.  Even golf is doing fine(now and in the movie) considering it originated from the 12th century.

Visiting the film, i see that parker has a few golf-related items in that shelf as well, few seem like awards so maybe he is(or was) a competitive golfer, but since it's played on grass fields, how would they play that there?.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Roiki on April 04, 2010, 02:38:29 PM
Visiting the film, i see that parker has a few golf-related items in that shelf as well, few seem like awards so maybe he is(or was) a competitive golfer, but since it's played on grass fields, how would they play that there?.

Parker evidently likes to golf, as seen when he is playing golf using a mug as the hole, although that game is cut short by Hurricane Sigourney.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Zefanaya

I do not think that Baseball will disappear, I do however think sport's like Golf and Soccer will become more of the American past time than Baseball. I too see Parker as a collector (he does not seem super athletic to me) and a side question, do you guy's think that RDA is an American company (meaning based out of)?

Eywa ngahu

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I personlly think it is chinease owned, seeing at growth rate now a days. ;)

Zefanaya

Quote from: Kawnga Palulukana Tutan (KPT) on April 04, 2010, 09:57:04 PM
I personlly think it is chinease owned, seeing at growth rate now a days. ;)

If you look at it and forecast RDA as a future company in real life than yes it would probably be Chinese owned (or at least have a lot of backing that would make it easy to get weapons but then again RDA makes everything themselves it is like a freaking Kroger with high explosives  ;))

Eywa ngahu

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I think it will be owned by Seto Kaiba, since he can screw the rules with all his moneyz.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Re: http://forum.learnnavi.org/the-movie/parkers-office-on-pandora-(rda)/msg163092/#msg163092

You really are my hero for this. It helped us in (re)writing "American pie" today. It is a great "deleted scene." If it were in the movie it would cheapen it, but it is good to know that it made it all the way to filming. That is an important scene.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Zefanaya

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 05, 2010, 05:55:31 PM
Re: http://forum.learnnavi.org/the-movie/parkers-office-on-pandora-(rda)/msg163092/#msg163092

You really are my hero for this. It helped us in (re)writing "American pie" today. It is a great "deleted scene." If it were in the movie it would cheapen it, but it is good to know that it made it all the way to filming. That is an important scene.

well irayo, I'm glad I was able to help.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on April 05, 2010, 06:12:38 PM

Yea, I forgot about that video, its a great vid, but the sound is a little lacking.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on April 07, 2010, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on April 05, 2010, 06:12:38 PM

Yea, I forgot about that video, its a great vid, but the sound is a little lacking.

dude the sound in that was terrible I think someone used like an iPhone or something, I am thinking about downloading it and enhancing the audio when I finish it I will post it here.
also (since this is my thread) I want to let you guy's know I wont be on to anwser wuestions for a few days big youth confrence in Everett (I have to go as I am a Jr. Youth Leader and my church pays me for things like this ;) (it's fun to))
Eywa ngahu

kintìomum

Well, then have fun! I know how rewarding youthwork can be and if you get money as an extra...

Now, if this was filmed there might be a chance it finds it way onto the BluRay, no?
That would make it something that "really happened" which for my rises the question: When Parker was but on hold, how did he get out?
Did Jake, Grace and Norm free him when they are rescued by Trudy and Max?
And if: how comes nobody seems to care? I mean: We got a company operation here. They tend to be rather hierarchical. So the former top-man is taken into custody for whatever reason and all are shoo'ed into submission by the guy with the gun. Suddenly - as soon as the big man is out - the former head reappears and no-one cares?
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: kintìomum on April 07, 2010, 11:34:12 PM
Well, then have fun! I know how rewarding youthwork can be and if you get money as an extra...

Now, if this was filmed there might be a chance it finds it way onto the BluRay, no?
That would make it something that "really happened" which for my rises the question: When Parker was but on hold, how did he get out?
Did Jake, Grace and Norm free him when they are rescued by Trudy and Max?
And if: how comes nobody seems to care? I mean: We got a company operation here. They tend to be rather hierarchical. So the former top-man is taken into custody for whatever reason and all are shoo'ed into submission by the guy with the gun. Suddenly - as soon as the big man is out - the former head reappears and no-one cares?

I still say that scene where Jake sends Trudy and Norm off to start the helicopter while he goes with Grace is a "leftover" from Selfridge getting locked up. It just doesn't add up in the current edit. But it DOES make sense to take Grace along, as the only person who would have appropriate dialog with Selfridge. In an "I told you so" kind of way, rescuing him while the colonel (who now has no reason to come back UNLESS he is victorious) has staged a coup, would lend a sense of corporate order to the situation. We don't see where Selfridge is during the final battle, so there is no clear indication yet--but if security takes over management, a *lot* of non-sec personnel will be afraid and angry. The idea that their new bosses are "anyone with a gun" (and a "male sexual desire" ) means they are a long way from Kansas. If Quaritch did at any point seize control, every one of his sec-op units just became defacto-prison guards, and the precedent that "management is a long way from Earth" and therefore on lockdown means anyone with a gun now has license to abuse power if they can get away with it. It's the difference between corporate pillaging and all out plunder, including any staff a: that gets in the way, b: has at one point pissed you off, or c: you have been wanting to abuse/molest while you are 6 years away from home.

If we find out that Quaritch has indeed overthrown Selfridge, the base would be complete chaos within a week. Only the all-out military strike would keep any sense of control. The moment they returned victorious, inside Hell's Gate would have been as dangerous as outside.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

bagget00

Makes plenty of sense that on does.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

kintìomum

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 08, 2010, 12:28:28 AM
(snip)inside Hell's Gate would have been as dangerous as outside.(snip)
Unless you're one with a gun and lightning fast reflexes...
I remember the Stanford-Prison-experiment where one half of a class would take role as prison guards and the other half as prisoners.
That one turned ugly so fast that they aborted it on the sixth day.
It would create an interesting setup if Quaritch came back victorious and Hell's Gate fell under "law of the gun". I wonder if RDA-leaderboard would send someone to mop it up and restore order or simply change the name from "Extra-Solar Colony 01" to "Extra-Solar Penal Facility A"...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!