Pocahontas vs. Avatar

Started by Na'rìghawnu, January 10, 2010, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na'rìghawnu

Really funny found. Don't take it too serious.  ;D

Kxanì Swirä

Hahaha. That kind of is a fail. Except Avatar has a little bit of a deeper meaning, and the end is a little bit different.
"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world and in here is the dream" Jake Sully

Swok Txon

yeah true point, but i reckon its more akin to "Dances with wolves"

But avatar is a lot better in comparison to Pocahontas

and there are plently of movies that follow each others plot lines, i think its criticized for this because it became so popular so quickly

Is.

Hahaha, that picture cracked me up.

That's what I thought the first time I viewed it as well. This is Pocahontas/The Last Samurai in space!

:)

Tengfya swizaw

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

I saw that a few weeks ago and laughed quite a bit.

But most critics should remember that there are really only seven basic plots in the world, and the only difference is character, location, and situation.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Is.

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 10, 2010, 05:40:28 PM
But most critics should remember that there are really only seven basic plots in the world, and the only difference is character, location, and situation.

That may be true in Hollywood, or when it comes to making as much money as possible with a film. Not otherwise. I can think of quite a few movies with pretty bizarre plots that wouldn't lend themselves easily to any perticular plot-category. But I might be misunderstanding your theory?

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on January 10, 2010, 05:24:07 PM
On the subject of similar movie plotlines: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1910892

Ahahaha, I'm so glad people realized that other than me, basically every movie can be related to another movie.

Kìyevame, Eywa ngahu.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Avatar wins. It has Neytiri.  :-[
Also, it was in IMAX 3D.
But the reason that counts most is that it has a really great story, a deep meaning and a language we can learn now. :)

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Skxawng

the original summary is more or less quotemined.  Here's how I spent my morning

cheers  8)

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tsepxor

What a waste of a morning, Skxawng but awesome job ;)

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"
<MulleDK19> it ended with: "Death of a wheelchair - On the road since 1250"

Skxawng

Quote from: Tsepxor on January 12, 2010, 12:43:42 PM

Eh, I disagree. I'm so sick and tired of seeing the avatar pocahontas 'fail' image  and/or having to explain that its not that a simple image will ultimately save me a lot of time and energy. Feel free to spread it around and send it back to people who send you the original topic pic.

Of course, I'm gonna have to stay late at work to make up for the lost time but ... whatever :P

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Skxawng on January 12, 2010, 12:55:14 PM
Quote from: Tsepxor on January 12, 2010, 12:43:42 PM

Eh, I disagree. I'm so sick and tired of seeing the avatar Pocahontas 'fail' image  and/or having to explain that its not that a simple image will ultimately save me a lot of time and energy. Feel free to spread it around and send it back to people who send you the original topic pic.

Of course, I'm gonna have to stay late at work to make up for the lost time but ... whatever :P

That was pretty uber post, Skxawng.  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D

I am still saying that Disney did not invent the story of Pocahontas.  From the moment the original poster who wrote this selected the Disney movie, they proved their ignorance.  ::)  ::)  ::)
私は太った男だ。