Quaritch giving Jake one last time.

Started by Kupaton`Eywa, January 18, 2010, 11:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kupaton`Eywa

(A different scene from Avatar *close to the end)

Quaritch- Jake, it's it's either me or them.

Jake- *hiss*

Quaritch- oh well, I hope, it wouldn't come to this.

(Fight scene between Quaritch, Jake and Netyri)

what do ya think, should Quaritch give Jake one last  chance?
I Command an Army, you do nt want to mess with me!

'Tsamsiyu

I don't think he should... this is Quaritch, he doesn't need to... and why would he? By the start of the fight scene his mission is in pieces already and he's lost all sense of 'objectives' except kill Jake.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

neosis666

was it not

"how does it feel to betray your own race?"

'Tsamsiyu

I think that was just a one liner to possibly frustrate Jake before fighting, to give Quaritch the edge. Maybe i'm just looking into it too deeply.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Txur Txe’lan

it wasn't in Quaritch character to give Jake another chance. by this point Quaritch had already tried to kill him multiple times and for him to give Jake another chance wouldnt make much sense; plus they were in the millde of a full out war. that would have been a mood kill. 

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: neosis666 on January 18, 2010, 11:16:57 AM
was it not

"how does it feel to betray your own race?"

That's what he actually said, we're talking hypothetically.

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Absolutely not. Jake did not fufill his mission multiple times, and has joined "the enemy." [to him]
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

TorukMakto!

Doesn't makes sense Quaritch to do this, he lost the battle, he was left alone and all he could see in his eyes was killing Jake, rationality was switched into madness.

pxan ronsem

That would have softened him up. Quaritch is a really brutal character, so it really wouldn't make sence for him to show compassion. But it was a good idea. :D

They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land! ~Jake Sully

Swok Txon

I can imagine the climax killer it would be if they suddenly became friends over the course of a few seconds

good old hugh and a teary moment

it should have been...