sequel ideas (possible Avatar 2 spoilers)

Started by Hufwe Makto, January 02, 2010, 02:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Honestly I don't see how they could be called spoilers. Only if Cameron had the next one underway would they be spoilers. More like concepts.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Hufwe Makto

That's tecnicality and my mind doesn't use tecnicality. It was suposed to be a joke. A really bad one because my sense of humor sucks... And again I'm too lazy to explain the inner mechanisms of my mind for they are an enigma... If you want me to rename the thread, tell me how cuz I don't know. (don't comment on this plz)

txey

Quote from: txey on January 05, 2010, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Hufwe Makto on January 02, 2010, 10:35:41 AM

tons of spoilers in there

Just a warning, when I clicked the link, the connection was terminated due to a Trojan from there. Thanks virus checker for finding it :)

Just an update, seriously, I would not advise clicking this link! So far today, my antivirus has quarantined 25 trojan threats. All from that one link.
Under attack now from Olmarik, Kryptik, FakeAlert, Injector, Downloader.Agent and Punad...
Fortunately, fire burns wood, so firewall > trojan horse :)

But Injector looks particularly nasty, difficult to get rid of, damage pc when you try to and steals passwords and bank information. Hopefully it was blocked.
DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!

Étienne

Quote from: txey on January 05, 2010, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: txey on January 05, 2010, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Hufwe Makto on January 02, 2010, 10:35:41 AM

tons of spoilers in there

Just a warning, when I clicked the link, the connection was terminated due to a Trojan from there. Thanks virus checker for finding it :)

Just an update, seriously, I would not advise clicking this link! So far today, my antivirus has quarantined 25 trojan threats. All from that one link.
Under attack now from Olmarik, Kryptik, FakeAlert, Injector and Punad...
Fortunately, fire burns wood, so firewall > trojan horse :)

But Injector looks particularly nasty, difficult to get rid of, damage pc when you try to and steals passwords and bank information. Hopefully it was blocked.
DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!

Deleted the link. If there are anymore links that may concern malware please report them. Irayo

MaTe

an idea for avatar 2:
Grace lives within eywa... at conscious level, maintaining significant amount of personality. It just took a few weeks to "pull your thoughts together" :)
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Étienne

Quote from: MaTe on January 06, 2010, 04:22:03 AM
an idea for avatar 2:
Grace lives within eywa... at conscious level, maintaining significant amount of personality. It just took a few weeks to "pull your thoughts together" :)

Isn't that Watchmen?

MaTe

no idea... don't remember something like that there, though I only seen the movie once with 1 eye...
It's a generic sci-fi idea though... multiple implementations.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Étienne

Quote from: MaTe on January 06, 2010, 04:47:49 AM
no idea... don't remember something like that there, though I only seen the movie once with 1 eye...
It's a generic sci-fi idea though... multiple implementations.

Oh we could see Jake use a Time Machine the makes him go into the best and fight in the civil war as a Na'vi.

Toruk Makto

How about Jake goes back to Earth as a Na'vi and educates them about what they are wanting to destroy?

He probably wouldn't last 5 minutes before "some guy with a gun" would "end his journey".   :(

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

But he's a 10 foot tall ninja. Muggers=very dead.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Hufwe Makto

After the defeat on pandora I doubt that the humans would just let one of the na'vi in. Even if Jake was a human at birth, he commited serious treason and manslaughter. If he does manage to land on earth, the entire military will be shoving rockets up his ass. Even if he is considered a representative of pandora and has political immunity, People are not going to sit around while the enemy is preaching on their doorstep. Also I doubt Jake has the technology to travel to Earth. Anyway, I doubt Jake wants to leave right after he seriously becomes part of the na'vi. And if the na'vi have something close to a honeymoon, he definetly isn't going to leave anytime soon. I guess that could be another idea: Jake and Neytiri fo on their honeymoon ( sounds corny though) maybe Neytiri gets abducted while they are off somewhere and has to choose between her and something else that is important to him but somehow manages to get both during so e epic battle... Just throwing that out there. Irayo

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I like the idea of taking atokirina back to earth. Now, humans couldn't access the network easily, but somthing might happen and jake can somehow communicate back to earth via Eywa on pandora.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Toruk Makto

But would Eywa be able to establish without the high levels of unobtainium Pandora has to create the electro-neural pathways?

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Thats where the fantasy element come in. A PopSci interview with Cameron revealed that not everything in the movie was 100% scientific: Cameron's science contacts said something along the lines of "Well floating mountains of superconducting material would need a magnetic field so strong it would rip the hemoglobin from your blood", so there is some room for fiction.

EDIT: Also if the humans were mining unobtainium for a while, they might have enough to sustain Eywa if they wanted (not likely)

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Toruk Makto

Fiction is good. Even if you have to stretch and bend the science a little.  ;)

Damn, I haven't had this much fun obsessing on something since the moon landing in '69 (and yes, I am an old fart and was around then).

Hufwe Makto

Yeah it just adds that thing that makes it seem more like a dream and adds to the appeal a lot.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Let's face it: the odds of pandora existing and sustaining life (in the movie) are so slim, that it shouldn't exist. But it does, so just go with it.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Hufwe Makto

We all know that it could exist and could sustain life. The cosmos is so vast, I doubt that any movie doesn't exist In Real life except for magic Disney movies... And movies that are taking place on earth that can't possibly be true. The concept of dimensions is that everything has happened in one. For example in one universe I'm a multi trillionare and in another I don't exist at all. 

Taronyu

I don't know if this has been said: But there's no reason that the actors need to play the same characters in the next two movies. Digital processing could easily make them descendants, or other people entirely. Jake and Neytiri may be gone.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

OH NOES! But if cameron uses the same skull camera tech, it would be pretty time consuming to render a different face than the actor. But he had four years on avatar so something time consuming would be pretty monumental.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.