So I just got back...

Started by Sarkath, December 22, 2009, 01:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarkath

From my second viewing of this wonderful movie.  I picked up on a lot more, as one would, with the language, the scenery, just the flow of everything.  I would love to go at least one more time.

How was everyone else's re-viewing?

Seze

My experiences were similar, though I did not get the same blown away feeling after the second or 3rd viewing.  It was still powerful emotionally, but it just wasn't the same as the first time... 

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Chuan

Second time was just as great as the first, but in 3d. The first time I saw it in 2d, did not know that 3d existed. I made sure to bring a crowd of people along with me! I would love to go to another viewing of the 3D version, probably a week or so after xmas (I hope it is still in the theaters) and bring 20 people along who have not seen it :) I hope they release it in High Definition and 3D on blue ray, dvd or something!!!

Sarkath

Panasonic actually has a working 3D model they are traveling around with.  It is the next step in 3D and it looks amazing.  Of course they are taking their time releasing it and it is going to cost a lot of money.

Brainiac

Also had a second viewing, the immediate next day. I was already starting my obsession by the language at that point, so it was great fun trying to understand certain words.
that, and the scenery, of course.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Eywayä mokri

Watched it already three times, and each one was as if it was the first time. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Seniver

When I saw it the second time it was like coming home to Pandora, after the first viewing I just had to visit again. :)

Brainiac

Quote from: Seniver on December 22, 2009, 06:53:18 AM
When I saw it the second time it was like coming home to Pandora, after the first viewing I just had to visit again. :)
I know the feeling.
I want to see it again.  :'(

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Sarkath on December 22, 2009, 01:40:49 AM
From my second viewing of this wonderful movie.  I picked up on a lot more, as one would, with the language, the scenery, just the flow of everything.  I would love to go at least one more time.

How was everyone else's re-viewing?

Obviously, same here. I bet all the movies we watch for the second time will make us realize the details and just the whole masterpiece, not just the main idea (which we tend to only pick up when we just err... watch it?)
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Eyamsiyu

Excellent for sure.  Would have to say that the first time truly was awe-inspiring, and honestly I wanted to actually be at Pandora, just to see it with my own eyes (yes, I know it's "not real," but what if it were?), and just the "simplistic" way of living that the Na'vi had... I just envy it.

Second time was basically me revisiting that world, and also noticing details in the land and picking up on the language a little bit more.

Wish I could see a third time, but am now broke.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Zalorticus

I can't wait until I can see it again. I saw it in 3D first, and I want to see it in 2d to find any differences.

Once I am able to, I plan on getting the video game so I could explore the world. And then there's the books...
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Sarkath

I have that Survival guide and it is amazing!

The games are getting bad scores, especially the Wii version but I will be renting it.

Zalorticus

All most people care about in the game are graphics and the like. I learn from the games I get.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Tirealì'u

Quote from: Sarkath on December 22, 2009, 03:48:05 PM
I have that Survival guide and it is amazing!

The games are getting bad scores, especially the Wii version but I will be renting it.

^This.

Oh Gamefly, how you let me enjoy things I probably shouldn't buy...

Seniver

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the art book and survival guide for Christmas, will buy the game eventually when the price comes down, for the same reason Zalorticus mentioned, wanna explore the world more!

Brainiac

And I've already ordered the artbook, the scrapbook and the guidebook

Lora'txum

Brainiac, about how much did that run you? I'm hoping to get some giftcards over christmas and am thinking that's what I'll spend them on.
Eywa ngahu.

Lora'txum
Beautiful(ADJ) Poison(SUB)
Pretty Poison ie - The closest I could get our current vocab to say "Plague", my usual online handle.

Brainiac

Quote from: Lora'txum on December 23, 2009, 12:16:01 AM
Brainiac, about how much did that run you? I'm hoping to get some giftcards over christmas and am thinking that's what I'll spend them on.
those are really expensive, so I'm getting two of them for christmas. The rest of my family is buying those as gifts, while I pay for a third one.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Zalorticus on December 22, 2009, 03:20:17 PM
I can't wait until I can see it again. I saw it in 3D first, and I want to see it in 2d to find any differences.

Once I am able to, I plan on getting the video game so I could explore the world. And then there's the books...

BOOKS?!?!!? I knew it! mwahhaa. lols. sorry for the exaggerating. but I told my friends that an epic movie like this should hav books to accompany it; like for instance, guides. I'm so totally gonna buy them when I'm going for vacation soon-because I don't thinkk it's here yet :-(
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Dark angel

Quote from: Brainiac on December 22, 2009, 06:27:48 PM
And I've already ordered the artbook, the scrapbook and the guidebook

Yep, mine are ordered today...it is a special gift for myself.... :D