Some Christians see Avatar as "demonic"

Started by Redpaintednavi, September 21, 2010, 10:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quote from: Unilmokri on October 09, 2010, 11:23:04 PM

Proof that Christianity is actively working to smother the Earth in carbon-dioxide  :D

While we're on the subject.. You know why we use crucifixes to kill vampires?

LOL LOL that is to funny
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on October 11, 2010, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: Unilmokri on October 09, 2010, 11:23:04 PM

Proof that Christianity is actively working to smother the Earth in carbon-dioxide  :D

While we're on the subject.. You know why we use crucifixes to kill vampires?

LOL LOL that is to funny

the way you say this actually might make an uproar with the holy pope. it would be funny to watch, but it might just cause a crack in the cristian religion's history...

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Eyamsiyu

You know, you could just say this to any extremist Christian who tries to convince you of anything...

The Quote.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Haha, nice quote. :)  Adam is close-minded? :o

Eyamsiyu

No... I just think that if someone's going to be close-minded to you and be an a**hole about it, you can quote this and essentially you should get the picture across.

Or you could just say, "YOU AIN'T GOT NO PANCAKE MIX!"

I'm sorry, but even as a Christian I HATE the accusations and things that close-minded evangelical Christians have and do.  So when I meet one of these guys, I'm usually on the defense of those being "accused."

So essentially I will soon not be welcome very well where I live...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

C'tri Atan'itan

some of us just loved the film and want to learn the language because its beautiful :-)
Unil'ite: Keye'ung! \0/
Oe: FÌTSENG LU PANDORAAAAAA

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: C'tri Atan'itan on October 14, 2010, 09:20:05 AM
some of us just loved the film and want to learn the language because its beautiful :-)

yeah why does everyone has to judge things they dont understand?

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on October 14, 2010, 03:46:07 PM

People judge things they don't understand because they are afraid of things they don't understand.
This was my point when I said earlier in this thread that most Christians don't really understand their religion.  They let someone else do the work of interpreting things and then telling them what it means, instead of interpreting for themselves. 
That is the biggest problem I have with Christianity.They just do what they are told instead of figuring things out for themselves. 
As a Wiccan I have studied all religions.  It was one of the first things I did at the student level. I am now First Degree, 2 steps up, and I'm still learning.  It's an ongoing process.
As a Roman Catholic, I was told this is what you do.  And I did it.  As an Episcopal, I was told the same thing, but I started to question. 
As a Wiccan, I am encouraged to question, to find a better answer. 
ta TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: TunVrrtep on October 14, 2010, 04:27:33 PM
Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on October 14, 2010, 03:46:07 PM

They just do what they are told instead of figuring things out for themselves.  

Never been any more true.  There are a select few that don't, but they are rare/

Vawm tsamsiyu

I'm a christian and in my religion we are encouraged to question things and study for ourselves if we doubt what a leader at church says and if it's not what our scriptures say then he's wrong. I'm glad we don't do the whole " you don't ask those kind of questions" thing
they killed the [you] tag

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on October 14, 2010, 05:32:29 PM
I'm a christian and in my religion we are encouraged to question things and study for ourselves if we doubt what a leader at church says and if it's not what our scriptures say then he's wrong. I'm glad we don't do the whole " you don't ask those kind of questions" thing

I actually currently go to a church that, unfortunately, does not ask questions... which is a primary reason why I'm considering leaving that church.

Maria TunVrrtep

Ma Vawm, are you Presbyterian by chance?  Just out of interest.  Because the Presbyterian church seems to be the most open to the more eclectic religions like mine.  Also some Protestant religions seem to be open to us.  But in general, the Christian religions seem to be much more resistant to us than accepting.
ta TunVrrtep
    Margaret Drabble

Vawm tsamsiyu

Quote from: TunVrrtep on October 14, 2010, 05:43:55 PM

Ma Vawm, are you Presbyterian by chance?  Just out of interest.  Because the Presbyterian church seems to be the most open to the more eclectic religions like mine.  Also some Protestant religions seem to be open to us.  But in general, the Christian religions seem to be much more resistant to us than accepting.
ta TunVrrtep
I'm LDS But I  think were pretty accepting of others in different religions (or at least were supposed to be) but I don't think any LDS leaders are ever going to go as crazy as the guys from the YouTube videos are
they killed the [you] tag

Maria TunVrrtep

Margaret Drabble

Seze

This whole thing reminds me a lot of Harry Potter.  If memory recalls, it got very similar responses from some religious leaders.  I think what bugs me the most is that some people just can't seem to understand the "Fantasy" genre.  They have to read more into things than what is really there...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Seze on October 18, 2010, 02:57:06 AM
This whole thing reminds me a lot of Harry Potter.  If memory recalls, it got very similar responses from some religious leaders.  I think what bugs me the most is that some people just can't seem to understand the "Fantasy" genre.  They have to read more into things than what is really there...

In short, these people lack imagination. ;D

Eanikran

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on October 18, 2010, 05:43:27 AM

My aunt 'forbids' her daughter from watching anything like HP because of religion. I think she doesn't even let her read the damn books. I really don't see the reason. It's a f****** movie, what the hell.

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on October 18, 2010, 07:13:50 AM
Quote from: Eyamsiyu on October 18, 2010, 05:43:27 AM

My aunt 'forbids' her daughter from watching anything like HP because of religion. I think she doesn't even let her read the damn books. I really don't see the reason. It's a f****** movie, what the hell.

On top of that, the books actually teach real moral lessons.  Think about all the moral lessons in the Harry Potter books. 
1.  Loyalty to your friends and family (Harry is loyal to the family that had been horrible to him through his life.  In the last book, heasks the Order of the Phoenix to protect them remember.)
2.  Doing the right thing is hard, but worth it.
3.  Good always wins over evil.
4.  Love wins out over all. (Don't forget that it was Harry's love for his friends that defeated Voldemort.)
5.  Revenge does NOT solve anything.

There are really too many to name here.  But go look for them.  If you have the books read them with new eyes - with an adults eyes.  They are really not children's books, but they are written in a way that children can understand and relate to the issues. 

They are wonderful books.  And they don't teach children Wicca or witchcraft.  I can't wave a wand and say "Expelliarmus!" and have someone suddenly disarmed.  The Craft doesn't work that way. 

Again these are people who are not encouraged to question, who are told to believe something and simply follow like sheep.

However, they are not necessarily wrong either.  I believe Jesus was a prophet.  And he said that each person would be fed what they needed.  These people are of the Once-born.  They do not understand because they have walked the Earth only once.  Those of us who do understand, have walked the Earth more than once.

ta TunVrrtep
    Margaret Drabble

Ean Hufwetulyu

People in select position of religious power feel if a event, book, movie, etc threatens their "control" over others then, hobbs states people with that power are always in fear of lossing it, so they taboo anything that would challenge thier power.
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Eyamsiyu

And with that comment, once again, the Joker's speech to Dent in the hospital comes to mind...

it's that sense of power, and once you have that power, most people would NOT let it go.  I know of only one person who ever really had ultimate power, and then gave it all up (a roman farmer was made a dictator to defend the gates of Rome and defeat the enemy.  Did it in 16 days, and then gave it up to go back to farming).