special edition **SPOILERS**

Started by Eanikran, August 27, 2010, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Quote from: Jake_Sully_1 on September 09, 2010, 02:52:11 AM
Quote from: Ekirä on September 05, 2010, 03:33:39 PM
Quote from: Jake_Sully_1 on September 05, 2010, 03:15:52 PM
Without his queue getting cut off, there's no point at all in asking Jake to kill him.
Why not? Tsu'tey is in extreme pain and is obviously dying a slow, painful death. Jake gives him a mercy killing he asked for, instead of allowing him to suffer.

If you read the 2007 script, you will see that after having his queue cut off, it makes a lot more sense. Tsu'tey can never tsaheylu with an animal or a wife again. He can never connect with Eywa through the trees again. THAT is was takes his will to live. Not his wounds.
His wounds weren't taking his will to live--they were taking his life. He couldn't have survived much longer anyway, having Toruk Makto end his suffering would probably be a more honorable way to die than just letting bullet wounds end his life.

Quote from: Jake_Sully_1 on September 09, 2010, 02:52:11 AM
Yes, that's what I am suspecting as well.
Of course, without the queue cutting, there is not much sense anymore in showing that special / weird death. Just being killed instantly is just as good.
What I don't get is why this scene was not incorporated. Why do you say it is too "disturbing"?
It's reality. It's what people do. To animals for instance (if you get the symbolism).
Yes, it's disturbing. Very. But does that make the movie less good?
I don't think so. Taking the scene out just made the movie a little more "shallow". PG13 I guess.
:-(

Oh well...

I do not think it would be appropriate for whoever added in the new scenes, FOX, JC etc, to have put in the scene where Tsu'tey gets his queue cut off. They've given people an expectation for this movie, and to throw something that intense in it would not be a good business decision. I'm sure it would have really shaken me, and I know it would have for many other people too.....I don't know why exactly it's so disturbing, but to me, it's way more so than any other part of the movie and I just don't want to see it.

Human No More

Yeah, I find it disturbing too...
Possibly because of all the tawtute not having that, the Na'vi having something like that which I really wish I could :'(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ekirä

Quote from: Human No More on September 10, 2010, 05:26:26 PM
Yeah, I find it disturbing too...
Possibly because of all the tawtute not having that, the Na'vi having something like that which I really wish I could :'(
Yes, I find it amazing that even though we have no concept of what having a tswin feels like, the movie portrays it so vividly that we are able to easily imagine the horror of how it would feel like to have it cut off.....

Syaron

For my part I really enjoyed the chance to see more into the life of the clan at home. There are several similarities to my own Native American heritage including many of the ornaments worn by the Omaticayu. Like the teeth in Jake's headband after he became Toruk Makto.  I think it was very smart of Cameron to use what he knows of native cultures around the earth to draw on for his conception of the na'vi. So much is familiar.

Shara
Shara