Avatar - 6 million away from titanic!!!

Started by neosis666, January 24, 2010, 11:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man'raynor

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 25, 2010, 10:42:07 AMEywa not only sees you, she OWNS you!   ;D

You know , thats the only thing that i will allow to Own me  ;D

Kawnga Tawtute

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on January 24, 2010, 01:53:52 PM
Wow! I must admit, a month ago I wasn't sure that this would happen, but here we are. There are people complaining about adjustments for inflation, but at this rate it might not matter in the end!

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on January 24, 2010, 01:09:32 PM
look at code in my post :D   PS: wtf do I have -1 karma??   ???  can someone fix that?  :D

Sure. ++karma
lol -2 karma again.... WHYYY, I ask you WHYYYY.... I neved did an offensive/bad post :(

Txura Tirea

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on January 25, 2010, 11:41:07 AM
Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on January 24, 2010, 01:53:52 PM
Wow! I must admit, a month ago I wasn't sure that this would happen, but here we are. There are people complaining about adjustments for inflation, but at this rate it might not matter in the end!

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on January 24, 2010, 01:09:32 PM
look at code in my post :D   PS: wtf do I have -1 karma??   ???  can someone fix that?  :D

Sure. ++karma
lol -2 karma again.... WHYYY, I ask you WHYYYY.... I neved did an offensive/bad post :(

I'll help you with that.  :)
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Toruk Makto

OT. And it is possible that too much emphasis is being visited on the Karma thing.   8)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

pbhead

Quote from: Txura Tirea on January 25, 2010, 10:48:46 AM

Same here, I didn't go see it until 31 decembre when I had nothing to do in the afternoon. Thought it could be an interesting movie. It certainly was the best day of the year.

Same. I was never going to see this movie... I saw the article in the newspaper, and then an article in popularscience... and i was like... ya tats cool and all i guess. looks really strange though.

Then, one on my friends was like, hey, want to go see avatar? it was over winter break, and of course, i hadnt seen him in a bit... so, I was like... ya... sure... and then everything changed.

loved it so much I took my family a few days later.. and then i found this site.

Ftiafpi

Toruk Makto

neosis666

pbhead

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 25, 2010, 12:08:18 PM
Quote from: pbhead on January 25, 2010, 12:05:40 PM
.. and then i found this site.

lol, you sound so ominous.

finding the site was a good thing, dont get me wrong. or... it might be a bad thing... considering the ammount of time I have spent here. the little counter reminds me i have spent 29.5 hours here...which does not include the week or so I lurked around before i bothered to get an account, or reading the pocket book, doing crossword puzzles and worksheets, and rereading the pocket book. Alot of reading the pocketbook....

neosis666

My local imax is showing it all through feb :)

Will Txankamuse

Quote from: neosis666 on January 25, 2010, 04:46:09 PM

Avatar will remain on regular Theatre IMAX screens until March 5, when Alice in Wonderland opens.  At which point, these prints will have been in rotation for nearly three months and so they will need to be shipped back to LA for cleaning and maintenance as necessary.  Movie theatres then get a second chance to show IMAX Avatar by requesting the prints, with those theatres who previouisly showed it being at the top of the list.  As the year moves on, main theatres will probably stop showing it and return the prints, and secondary IMAX theatres such as museums will end up having special 'one off' showings.  Those might be quite spectacular and worth waiting for (maybe around the middle of the year).

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on January 25, 2010, 04:49:04 PM
Quote from: neosis666 on January 25, 2010, 04:46:09 PM

Avatar will remain on regular Theatre IMAX screens until March 5, when Alice in Wonderland opens.  At which point, these prints will have been in rotation for nearly three months and so they will need to be shipped back to LA for cleaning and maintenance as necessary.  Movie theatres then get a second chance to show IMAX Avatar by requesting the prints, with those theatres who previouisly showed it being at the top of the list.  As the year moves on, main theatres will probably stop showing it and return the prints, and secondary IMAX theatres such as museums will end up having special 'one off' showings.  Those might be quite spectacular and worth waiting for (maybe around the middle of the year).

Will

Thanks for that. I was wondering when the local museum IMAX would get it. We had a really crappy xmas IMAX video this year, so I know sales are way down. I was hoping to support the museum IMAX, and now I know I can. It's just a matter of time. I love my museums.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 25, 2010, 12:44:00 PM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/entertainment/story/1042704.html

$2M to go!

Sorry, but that was old news. Reuters (the official news source agency) officially broke the story earlier. BUT . . . we still have another 50 million domestically to finish the job. (Quote from Mortal Kombat; "FINISH HIM!!" I wish I could make the screen shake when you read that).

But here is some fun trivia, since someone asked earlier. This info is hard to figure out, so this is a rare find:

"Then there is the inflation factor. According to a formula developed by the department of U.S. Labor Statistics, "Titanic's" 1997 worldwide gross is worth at least $2.5 billion on an inflation adjusted basis, or $805 million domestic and $1.664 billion foreign.

Still champ is "Gone With the Wind," which grossed $400 million worldwide in 1939, now worth at least $6 billion in today's dollars. One dollar in 1939 is the equivalent of $15.43 today."

Okay, so someone invent a time machine that goes back to 1943 and but a LOT of cheeseburgers and fries. I'll get the ketchup.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Toruk Makto

I say "Phooey" on value equivalence. Bucks is bucks!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 25, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
I say "Phooey" on value equivalence. Bucks is bucks!

Fortunately every one of the list-keepers (they are self-appointed gate keepers of history) will agree with you. And beating Avatar will mean ticket prices on Ahhnold (or Shreck) movies will have to shoot up to at least $50 each.

Technowraith

That's great news.

I hope the Sequels perform just as good!
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm