Avatar - 6 million away from titanic!!!

Started by neosis666, January 24, 2010, 11:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Technowraith on January 26, 2010, 09:23:48 PM
That's great news.
I hope the Sequels perform just as good!

I just hope the sequels contain no Jar Jar's, Ewoks (or any other "cute fuzzy adorable creatures designed to dumb the movie down to attract soccer moms, preteen girls, and toddlers), Mitichlorians, or semi-depressed but beautiful (and of course "shirtless") vampires!

(Oh, or bastard love-children, Mayan alien conspiracies, and 5-minute sword-fights on jeeps designed to sell the video game.)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: neosis666 on January 24, 2010, 11:48:35 AM
Avatar is now only 97million 6 million behind titanic in worldwide sales.

Funny you should mention that. "Now," Avatar is only 47million 6 million behind titanic in US sales. This weekend should cement it as the all-time champion (not adjusted for inflation).

But it is also (as of this weekend) the first 2 billion dollar box-office grossing movie.

Yaay!

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kawnga Tawtute

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 01, 2010, 12:22:34 AM

Funny you should mention that. "Now," Avatar is only 47million 6 million behind titanic in US sales. This weekend should cement it as the all-time champion (not adjusted for inflation).

But it is also (as of this weekend) the first 2 billion dollar box-office grossing movie.

Yaay!

it passed titanic weeks ago....

Tsyaltuan

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on February 01, 2010, 06:37:16 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 01, 2010, 12:22:34 AM

Yaay!

it passed titanic weeks ago....
Not domestically bro.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Yeah (um . . . it was me who made the post) when Reuters broke the news that it beat Titanic in global sales--but that damned Batman movie stood in the way before Tokruk and Palulukan could ravage that stupid boat. Worldwide sales is the King Kong of movie championship titles, but for some reason (ego?) the real punch in the face, trash-talking, "Oh THAT just happened!" moment is when "in the US" Avatar holds the Titanic under water and says "Stay Down m________!!"

The formula for many years in the industry was "Whatever you make in the US (box office), you 'might' make half of that in Europe, and a scattering of other countries--combined." Over the last decade this has been changing. It was embarrassing that Avatarwas HUGE in the rest of the world, but compared to Transformers, Shrek 2, or Spiderman, it was "just a movie with blue people" here in America. To be seen in America as a true epic (read: the new Star Wars), it really needed to sink the boat. To date, Avatar has made over 2 billion dollars (first movie ever to do that) and 75% of that is NOT from the US or Canada.

I think I am going to divorce my friends of almost 20 years because they called Avatar "Dances with Smurfs." Clearly they do not see the world the way I do.

Kawnga Tawtute

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 01, 2010, 11:02:20 AM
Yeah (um . . . it was me who made the post) when Reuters broke the news that it beat Titanic in global sales--but that damned Batman movie stood in the way before Tokruk and Palulukan could ravage that stupid boat. Worldwide sales is the King Kong of movie championship titles, but for some reason (ego?) the real punch in the face, trash-talking, "Oh THAT just happened!" moment is when "in the US" Avatar holds the Titanic under water and says "Stay Down m________!!"

The formula for many years in the industry was "Whatever you make in the US (box office), you 'might' make half of that in Europe, and a scattering of other countries--combined." Over the last decade this has been changing. It was embarrassing that Avatarwas HUGE in the rest of the world, but compared to Transformers, Shrek 2, or Spiderman, it was "just a movie with blue people" here in America. To be seen in America as a true epic (read: the new Star Wars), it really needed to sink the boat. To date, Avatar has made over 2 billion dollars (first movie ever to do that) and 75% of that is NOT from the US or Canada.

I think I am going to divorce my friends of almost 20 years because they called Avatar "Dances with Smurfs." Clearly they do not see the world the way I do.
Dances withsmurfs ahahahahah, LOL at the end that's what you Na'Vi are ;D