The Avatar poll of all Avatar polls!

Started by 'Tsamsiyu, February 26, 2010, 01:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite Avatar character of all time?

Jake Sully
9 (16.7%)
Neytiri
26 (48.1%)
Grace Augustine
4 (7.4%)
Colonel Miles Quaritch
3 (5.6%)
Administrator Parker Selfridge
0 (0%)
Tsu'tey
3 (5.6%)
Eytukan
0 (0%)
Mo'at
1 (1.9%)
Doctor Max Patel
1 (1.9%)
Norm Spellman
1 (1.9%)
Trudy Chacon
2 (3.7%)
Olo'eyktan of the Eastern Sea Tribe
3 (5.6%)
Olo'eyktan of the Horse Tribe
0 (0%)
Torukan!
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 01, 2010, 12:44:14 PM
"I don't want one postion, I want all postitions" Chris Tucker as DJ Ruby Rhod (I think, haven't seen in while)

Super green! Extra cookies for you.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

omängum fra'uti

I voted Tsu'tey.  I think the line of English in my sig speaks for itself.  His was possibly one of the most tragic stories in the movie, yet it is so downplayed in the final cut.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 01, 2010, 09:11:47 PM
I voted Tsu'tey.  I think the line of English in my sig speaks for itself.  His was possibly one of the most tragic stories in the movie, yet it is so downplayed in the final cut.

Yeah, in every way he got screwed. In "his lifetime" the Humans landed, grew into a toxin, destroyed his home (not just the tree--see also the complete waste he witnesses when riding up behind the bulldozers), his chief (and probably mentor) gets killed, his mate gets taken by a (expletive) sky-demon, and he dies fighting a massive hoard of mechanized (expletive) jerks. One generation before, or later, he might have been a great warrior (well he was, but perhaps for a few decades longer). He was a great Na'vi, but not so great at adapting to the world around him. I would like to see a well-written novel about his story--focusing on him, all the way through to his glorious, but so anonymous, death. THAT would make a great tragedy.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

'Itan Atxur

I pretty much hated Tsu'tey the first time I saw Avatar. I though his character was too tried and true and didn't have much depth. Wow, has my opinion changed. Tsu'tey is kick ass.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Yea, i would have liked to have seen that final scene included into the released cut. Cameron said it didn't fit into the "victory" moment. Sure it did, it was the reality check in the victory moment, the nearest I can think of that scene's meaning being is that of "victory comes at a price".

Besides, in about every movie or piece of literature, things come in three's. Three "good" characters had died by the end of the movie, but Tsu'tey's death scene would have been a good one.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on March 02, 2010, 04:00:38 PM

Yea, i would have liked to have seen that final scene included into the released cut. Cameron said it didn't fit into the "victory" moment. Sure it did, it was the reality check in the victory moment, the nearest I can think of that scene's meaning being is that of "victory comes at a price".

Besides, in about every movie or piece of literature, things come in three's. Three "good" characters had died by the end of the movie, but Tsu'tey's death scene would have been a good one.

Fighting for your race. Fighting for your friends. Fighting for your friends. I'm sure in the menari of the Na'vi, It was a good day to die. I hope to see some homage to Tsu'tey in the DVD somewhere.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

I want my vote back, lol. Or a new multiple option poll. LOL.

My (new) list:
Neytiri
Eastern Sea olo'eyktan
Tsu'tey
Jake....

...and rounding out the ABSOLUTE bottom of the list:
The Q-man. Good acting, but bad character.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Itan Atxur

If I was placing all the options in order, this would be it:

Neytiri
Grace Augustine
Jake Sully
Mo'at
Tsu'tey
Norm Spellman
Trudy Chacon
Easter Sea Olo'Eyktan
Colonel Miles Quaritch
Administrator Parker Selfridge
Doctor Max Patel
Torukan
Eytukan
Olo'eyktan of the Horse Tribe

This was a VERY hard list to make :( I also might add that this is not based on how much I LIKE the character but how kick ass the character was overall.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Fnua Atxkxe

Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

When Norm punched that military guy, my respect for him rocketed. Not only is he smart (which Trudy may or may not be) but he's willing to fight for what he believes. He shows this twice during the movie too!!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Fnua Atxkxe

Fair enough I supposed, still Trudy actually died for the Na'vi. Though I suppose Norm lost his Avatar which could be percieved as worse, I forgot about him punhing the miltary guy. I read in the orginal Avatar script that he and Trudy had an um

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 02, 2010, 06:24:45 PM
Fair enough I supposed, still Trudy actually died for the Na'vi. Though I suppose Norm lost his Avatar which could be percieved as worse, I forgot about him punhing the miltary guy. I read in the orginal Avatar script that he and Trudy had an um

Damn! As good as Avatar is, it really sounds like we missed out on an epic movie!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Fnua Atxkxe

Uber spoiler alert, orignal extract from script

JC's words, not mine ;D

'Itan Atxur

I wonder why they cut that? Both characters are widely regarded as "underdeveloped" and that would have added that much more to them w/o costing much time at all.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Basically adding any or all of the cut scenes would have sufficed the critics in the "no depth" department.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Fnua Atxkxe

Unfortunately simple explanation, time. Feel tired after watching 3d for almost 3hours? Quite a few people did. I hope that there will be and extended edition when dvd and blu-ray come out that is like somewhere between at least 5 and 24 hours ;D. Another script spoiler for those who haven't read it. Ever wondered about those photo's on the fridge of Grace and the Na'vi kids  
plus
and finaly
now if that isn't a great backstory I don't know what is, read the orignal script for more goodies ;D

'Itan Atxur

Wow. That 3rd spoiler is emotional. I can see exactly the way the scene would play out in my head.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Fnua Atxkxe

I know. You know you've seen a movie too many times when you can construct entirely new scenes down to the finest detail in your mind. Shame they cut that kind of stuff, hopefully will be on extended edition dvd which should silence some of the people who call the characters two dimensional.  ;D Google a copy of the script though, it's worth reading.

'Itan Atxur

I've read most of it through random quotes on here!! And I must say, I do prefer it to the nearly perfect movie we got!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Hufwe Makto

Ok I'm going to read it, then I'm going to go into the shower, sit down and be depressed again. Don't ask why I will be depressed, I was after seeing the movie, but I don't know why.