The biggest Avatar hater in the universe!

Started by Kxani, March 01, 2010, 06:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

'Itan Atxur

Are there any signs of damage on the cage?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

magne

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on March 08, 2010, 02:52:21 PM
when i first heard of Avatar, it was during E3 09 convention, and i was watching game releases when avatar came up. i was like "WTF!?! go away! more games!" i thought it was stupid, but i made a mental note to keep a look out for this movie. when i watched the trailer a few days befor it came out i was first stunned, then kicking myself for thinking it wasnt worth watching
I saw a trailer on TV while reading a magazine and thought Jake's avatar was a computer game character in some sort of future VR game because of the Avatar=computer game main character. Later I saw a picture of Neytiri but dismissed her as a WOW elf; picture was cropped and did not show her tail. So I managed to miss the movie until the previews.
I also had a pretty low opinion of Hollywood movies after seeing 2012, I prefer that they make plotholes smaller than planets.
Saw it mostly because of the excellent critic from friends and because I like catgirls. Loved it, think the world setting was fantastic and I love hard sci-fi, the plot was pretty good, you don't want complex plot in a movie, Star Wars 1 is the best example, it would probably work well in a book but not then you have two hours telling the story. 

Zefanaya

I comeplety dismissed the movie, treated like a bad joke. I had not seen a good movie in like a year so I figured why would this be any different. I saw 3 months after it came out because everyone was talking about it and I was stuck in Tuckwilla (which has an IMAX/AMC theater in it) so figured why the hell not my iPhone said IMAX 3D tickets available so I went and got in line after waiting for 10 min I watched the last IMAX tickets walk by. Almost left but thankfully the ticket sales person talked me into Real-D ( I have yet to see it in IMAX). So I walked out of the theater in a "holy crap the was the best movie ever" state, walked by the ticket counter bought another ticket for the same movie. After that one I preceded to liberally thank the people of AMC. Then went home bought the sound track (I have yet to hear better music in a movie and I love music). Wanted to figure out what they words were in the song jakes direst flight (me being dumb thought they could be Latin and wanted to see a translation or see if their was one) after about 5 min of google I found forum.learnnavi.org and that started me on the learning the language and studying the heck out of Avatar I can say I am now an Avatar lover not a hater.

Thought I would give me learnnavi.org testimony forgive typos it is late and all I have is an iPad.
Eywa ngahu.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

'Itan Atxur

Valuk

I went and saw it, and man, I almost cried alot during the movie. It just hit me at such a crazy level
Hell, I'm new don't murder me!
When I get fit, I'll be a warrior. Well, skinnier lets go with that.
Your Na'vi Man at Arms and Protector of the weak: Valuk.

'Itan Atxur

I don't know why but my first viewing I had a good idea that I'd seen the best movie I've ever seen but didn't realize just how much of an effect it had on me. I thought I'd just seen a really really good movie. It was the 2nd time that everything hit me and I was hooked.

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

I saw the trailers and originally thought the movie was going to be crap.  But my dad decided to take me to the Tysons Corner, VA AMC RealD 3D showing...boy have I never been so happy when I left a movie theatre.  Although the bad thing was after the movie during commute home after the movie.  I-95 had 2 inches of snow and try that with a 325i. :P  But I was stunned, couldn't stop talking about Avatar and still haven't.  Almost 3.5 days logged into these forums I have found a new Kelutral!  I went to see it with my mom, my mom and my sister, my dad a 2nd time in RealD 3D, and my dad and I went to see it in IMAX 3D.  I honestly have to say this movie made me go blue...not green.  I actually would desire to have a life as a Na'vi because it usually is more peaceful and everyone gets along, unlike our politicians and some @$!&@($& whom think they are better.  I'm slowly incorporating Na'vi into my daily speech just so I can start using it with my parents.  Needless to say this movie has changes my life and I will keep learning the language as a "bridging" language.

P.S.  Frommer needs to make a "Na'vi Language Institute" :D  Why do the Trekkies get a Klingon one and we don't have one for Na'vi yet? >:(
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Kxeyo

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 27, 2010, 11:15:49 PM
I don't know why but my first viewing I had a good idea that I'd seen the best movie I've ever seen but didn't realize just how much of an effect it had on me. I thought I'd just seen a really really good movie. It was the 2nd time that everything hit me and I was hooked.

Trust me, you're not the only one. I bet I've never cried so much in my life. First time seeing it: no reaction. But the destruction of the Hometree blocked me the 2nd time. I also shivered when they bulldozed the Tree of Voices. The cracking noise of the wood...why did the RDA do that?  :'(
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

The first time I saw the movie, the one scene that hit me the most was Jake's speech at the Tree of Souls, it was INTENSE in that theater.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

the death of hometree hit me the hardest. damn you, RDA!

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Torukä Nari

When I first saw the trailer, I thought something vague like, "Oh, that's... different." And went on my way, fully expecting to forget about it. Which I did, until the next trailer, and then when my parents started talking about it, eventually practically dragging me to the theater, sad to say. Well, the roles were reversed when we walked out of the theater. I had become a fan, and they were in the middle, sorta going, "cool, not the best." Then we visited a city, and they saw that they had Avatar in 3D. So we bought the tickets, and I walked out an even more obsessive fan. And, well, I suppose you know the rest, since I'm here. Except, I was the one really pushing for us to buy the Avatar DVD.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Kyle Kepone

I'm a convert as well. When it came out in theaters and everyone was wetting themselves, I just sort of shook my head and said something negative about the capitalist appropriation of the environmentalist/indigenous struggle movement (should give you an idea where my politics lie) and refused to see it. Then I saw that people were seeing Avatar four times... five times... six times, and my intrigue started to rise. But I missed the theaters. My dad, a former motocross magazine editor (not exactly the most environmentally-friendly sport on the planet), saw the movie on Justin.tv, which is probably the worst format to watch movies in, and he was going off on how great it was. Finally when it came out on DVD, and my parents rented it, I watched it. WTF was I thinking, I thought. This is greatness.

And now I'm learning Na'vi.
Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com

Tsamsiyu92

The trailer made no sense to me, but this movie did not get out of my mind and scenes of it kept replaying inside my head. The reasson why I am here is because I saw a Simpsons episode with Klingon in it, so I googled "learn na'vi" to see and since then, i've been here 99% of the days, if not 100%...:)

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on June 02, 2010, 02:43:35 PM
The trailer made no sense to me, but this movie did not get out of my mind and scenes of it kept replaying inside my head. The reasson why I am here is because I saw a Simpsons episode with Klingon in it, so I googled "learn na'vi" to see and since then, i've been here 99% of the days, if not 100%...:)

Wow, Klingon pushed you over to Na'vi. LOL. Thats awesome.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Mako

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I'm not like the rest of you, i've been a sci-fi buff for awhile now.  so when i first saw the trailers and i got a glimpse of "blue space aliens" that got me hooked and I couldn't wait to see it.
at the time I had no idea who James Cameron was.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

bommel

I must admit that I watched the movie last weekend for the first time. I didn't care much about the movie and the related hype(?) before but I was completly wrong! This is the best movie I've ever seen! After my first time I watched it a second time - on the same day! And it's that kind of movie you can watch again and again - it is always a pure experience! Maybe I'll watch it tonight for a 4th time ;)

Eywa ngahu

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

havent you guys found all these posts ironic?

i mean months before the movie came out rumors were spread saying that the movie was going to s*** @$$. even some of you guys said you werent interested in it.

then came the day that this site was created and since then everyone has been raving about it. i dont know about you guys, but whoever came up with the rumors should just stuff it and go live in antartica or something.

Cameron is pure genius! cant wait for #2. ;D

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

bommel

I really wasn't interested in it at all. Dunno why, but looking back, I'd now probably watch the 3d version in cinema. Although 1080p blu-ray is also an awesome experience. I definitively need a bigger TV :)