The biggest Avatar hater in the universe!

Started by Kxani, March 01, 2010, 06:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxani

Yep that was me all before I saw the movie. I was so negative to the whole idea. The only Avatar in my worlds was a airbender, firebender,eartbender and waterbender. I actually gave up when I got free tickets and got to see it with a friend. DAMIT!! I was the most engative one first and I was the one crying and shakign when I left the cinema salon. XD

Col Quaritch

Kxani

Zefanaya

I was completely against Avatar the classic that movie is so stupid it will never amount to anything attitude (there had been no good movies recently, and i hated sci-fi), well when it came out I was like heck no I will not go see it, it was not till late January of 2k10 when my friends and everyone elses reviews, nagging, and my own curiosity finally got to me I drove up to Tukwilla to the South Center Mall to go see it at the IMAX 3D theater they have (dang I-5 was crap took 3 hours to get there I have made the same trip in under an hour on seemingly any other day) I had the option to use kiosk ticketing but I was like 3 people in front of me, I will wait (my iPhone said there were plenty of seats left) then I watched the last 4:00 PM showing walk by, next one was not till 11 PM, I almost left then I was like Real-D can't be that bad so I saw, lets just say my mind was changed very very fast I have since seen it 21 times and have been studying Na'vi language and culture for 1.5 months. The 3rd time i saw the movie I was not with friends or anyone I knew and no one sat by me, I aslo came for the story not the 3-D that time, and that was the time I actually cried when kelkutrel fell.

Eywa ngahu.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

tsamna

i want to give a +1 to all converts! Hooray!
Go climbing, its better for you than xbox.

'Itan Atxur

I am most certainly a convert. I thought the trailer looked INCREDIBLY lame. The only reason I went to see it was because it's a James Cameron and he earned my complete faith with Titanic. I fully expected this to be garbage though.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kayrìlien

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 02, 2010, 09:20:59 AM
I am most certainly a convert. I thought the trailer looked INCREDIBLY lame...I fully expected this to be garbage though.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

I know exactly what you mean. When I first saw the trailers, I thought "Oh great, another random sci-fi movie, who cares?". Then I noticed how much hype it was getting, and thought "Oh great, another over-hyped sci-fi movie, who cares?". I didn't really feel like seeing it in the theaters, but after a few of my friends had gone to see it and all liked it, I finally decided to give it a chance.

Best. Decision. Ever.

Kayrìlien

'Awve Tìkameie

This was EXACTLY me about a year and a half ago. I saw the original trailer and I couldn't stop saying how dumb it looked. Then, a year later, I witnessed the full trailer which included voices and better scenes. At that time, I was like, "Hmm, it actually doesn't look that bad." And here I am now, 3 movies later, on LearnNavi.org, learning the Na'vi Language  :)
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Honestly, when I first heard of the movie, I thought it was going to be a non-animated version of the, in my opinion, garbage TV series.

I shunned it right about up until it came out, then they started playing the teasers big time and I couldn't wait to get to the theater.

A lot of people now hate James Cameron for it. I got a buddy that says : "Avatar killed James Cameron to me". I was like wow, really. He said I should oppose it because of its underlying meanings. LOL. The storyline and graphics blow any underlying meanings away, unless you are a complete and total jerk that can't get past them and enjoy the movie.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Kerame Pxel Nume

Hehe, similar with me. At first I was mad that on the opening weekend of Avatar my so beloved sneak preview was canceled for another showing of Avatar. Didn't bother to buy a ticket then. Well I get home and find an email in my inbox from a friend, that read something like:

GO! WATCH AVATAR! SEE IT!

So I went the showing next night. And can't stop thinking about it ever since then  ::)

Even "worse" I wasn't so keen for the Sneak the week after. But gladly the one guy of my group who was then responsible for buying the tickets had that brilliant idea to ask around if anybody would like to see Avatar the next day. Guess who?! Unfortunately they didn't get the movie, one phrase was so unfitting that I still could get mad:

Well that, and that they thought the destruction of Kelutral was cool. No it wasn't! Ayskxawng sawtute... *sigh*

Quote from: Kerame Pxel Nume on March 02, 2010, 04:22:27 PM
Hehe, similar with me. At first I was mad that on the opening weekend of Avatar my so beloved sneak preview was canceled for another showing of Avatar. Didn't bother to buy a ticket then. Well I get home and find an email in my inbox from a friend, that read something like:

GO! WATCH AVATAR! SEE IT!

So I went the showing next night. And can't stop thinking about it ever since then  ::)

Even "worse" I wasn't so keen for the Sneak the week after. But gladly the one guy of my group who was then responsible for buying the tickets had that brilliant idea to ask around if anybody would like to see Avatar the next day. Guess who?! Unfortunately they didn't get the movie, one phrase was so unfitting that I still could get mad:

Well that, and that they thought the destruction of Kelutral was cool. No it wasn't! Ayskxawng sawtute... *sigh*

LOL to the spoiler, all I got to say.

LearnNavi Forums:

Panzerfaust

I went to the movie sincerely expecting to hate it. "Oh great, another Hollywood liberal tree-hugging movie where anyone with a gun or a large business is an evil heartless SOB." Im a conservative-leaning guy, i don't drive a prius and never will, i support the military and the 2nd amendment, and i realise that probly puts me in a minority here. Being honest... the tree-hugging, anti big-business, and anti-military themes are there in the movie. The thing was... i was too busy loving the movie to give a damn about the political messages, even though i normally would disagree with them. Though i am still not a huge fan of the absurdly flat and stereotipcal boy-i-sure-love-profits CEO that is Selfridge, i managed to get over the tree hugging theme by looking at it in context. The Na'vi live on a planet covered in 3x the biodiversity and life of Earth, of COURSE they are tree huggers, for where they live it makes perfect sense.

In summary... i went expecting to hate it, by the themes of the movie i SHOULD hate it... but i dont. I love it. Speaks to just how good the setting and characters (Selfridge excepted) are that i could love them so much as to not care about the politics.
Pak mezazam-vozam-tsìzam-mrrvol srak?
Tsa'u  letsunslu ke lu!

Unil Akawng

Quote from: Panzerfaust on March 02, 2010, 06:06:31 PM
In summary... i went expecting to hate it, by the themes of the movie i SHOULD hate it... but i dont. I love it.

What Panzerfaust said. ;D Besides that, I'm normally a steampunk aficionado and a big believer in science and technology, all the Gaia mumbo-jumbo be damned. After the first watching I had a heated arguement with my wife, lecturing her about the benefits of progress and civilized way of life...

But here I am, allure of the Na'vi being too strong to resist. :) (Though I still don't get any pleasure from seeing a space age civilisation getting punched in the face by a neolithic tribe, so the second half of the movie is kind of hard to watch.)
Tukruhu ne ayoeng zola'u a fkori tukrufa tìyerkup! - Александр Невский
На'ви-русский словарь v.2.09 для jMemorize

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Unil Akawng on March 03, 2010, 08:31:23 AM
In summary... i went expecting to hate it, by the themes of the movie i SHOULD hate it... but i dont. I love it.

What Panzerfaust said. ;D Besides that, I'm normally a steampunk aficionado and a big believer in science and technology, all the Gaia mumbo-jumbo be damned. After the first watching I had a heated arguement with my wife, lecturing her about the benefits of progress and civilized way of life...

But here I am, allure of the Na'vi being too strong to resist. :) (Though I still don't get any pleasure from seeing a space age civilisation getting punched in the face by a neolithic tribe, so the second half of the movie is kind of hard to watch.)

We'll, I'm also a skeptic scientist, just a few days ago someone named me an ambulat technology lexicon. But this tech savvynes is it, that make me think, that the blind belief into technology might be the eventual downfall of the human race, if we're not to change our attitude very soon. In some way I've become something like a organics-chauvinist in the last years.

Among the things I'd like to see in a "Avatar 2" would be the Na'vi as a posttechnological civilization.

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Kerame Pxel Nume on March 03, 2010, 08:42:51 AM
Quote from: Unil Akawng on March 03, 2010, 08:31:23 AM

We'll, I'm also a skeptic scientist, just a few days ago someone named me an ambulat technology lexicon. But this tech savvynes is it, that make me think, that the blind belief into technology might be the eventual downfall of the human race, if we're not to change our attitude very soon. In some way I've become something like a organics-chauvinist in the last years.

Among the things I'd like to see in a "Avatar 2" would be the Na'vi as a posttechnological civilization.

That would be really neat to see.

I am the opposite.  When I first saw the trailer I was like "Yes, finally another Sci-fi movie!" ;D

Kaiatéya

I hadn't heard of Avatar until 2 days before its release, but I was in love from the first trailer view.

However. :D I have a friend who is a huge Airbender fan, and to this day she refuses to see Avatar simply because of it. She'll argue and argue and even start getting angry if I suggest that the word "avatar" is kind of generic and is in no way specific to Airbender. I spoke some Na'vi to her at her house once and she told me .. no more of that now! Not in my house! (kinda joking, kinda not...)

I personally think it's sad because, knowing her, I think there are some things she'd really like about it.

Whatever though. No skin off my back. :)

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

when i first heard of Avatar, it was during E3 09 convention, and i was watching game releases when avatar came up. i was like "WTF!?! go away! more games!" i thought it was stupid, but i made a mental note to keep a look out for this movie. when i watched the trailer a few days befor it came out i was first stunned, then kicking myself for thinking it wasnt worth watching

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

^LOL, Karma cookie for yet another convert. Now, my question is, how dull would your life be otherwise if we didn't have this awesome movie and amazing language?

LearnNavi Forums:

Atantsawkeyä

Kaltxì, ma eylan!

It may sound funny but for me Avatar became sort of a test I run on the people I know. I often ask friends what they think of the movie and I learn a lot about their personality. Some say they are drooling and fainting and going ohhhh, some say they are sceptical. Some start to take the movie apart trying to prove that human technology should have won and the whole thing was set up wrong.

I just feel I must ask a few questions. One of them is, what the hell is wrong with you guys? Are you too obsessive to see the beauty of Pandora and the Na'vi language? Can't you just sit back and enjoy the picture for you own pleasure and entertainment?

However, such guys are a minority, for me at least :)
Oe plltxe na``Vortìkontì" srak?..