the book that grace wrote about the navi

Started by jaytea, February 13, 2010, 03:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaytea

is it a real book or is it just a cover filled with a bunch of blank pages for the movie

HTML_Earth

Quote from: jaytea on February 13, 2010, 03:38:14 PM
is it a real book or is it just a cover filled with a bunch of blank pages for the movie

I think it's just an empty one, since no one has said anything about it. But I'd like to think it was real.

jaytea

i think with all the information overflowing in this forum we could make it lol

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: jaytea on February 13, 2010, 04:11:33 PM

Nah, it was a book entirely on botany IIRC.

jaytea

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on February 13, 2010, 05:12:28 PM
Quote from: jaytea on February 13, 2010, 04:11:33 PM

Nah, it was a book entirely on botany IIRC.
ah ok still wouldve been pretty cool to read about the pandoran flora

Nìftxavang Sreu

I agree w/ jaytea. I'd love to read more about the plant and animal species on Pandora, as well as more Na'vi customs and culture  :)

proud member of the NSFC!!

jaytea

Quote from: Nìftxavang Sreu on February 13, 2010, 05:37:15 PM
I agree w/ jaytea. I'd love to read more about the plant and animal species on Pandora, as well as more Na'vi customs and culture  :)
they need to make an actual glossary of everything on pandora to know everything about it would be amazing more of a reality than what were in now loll

Nìftxavang Sreu

agreed. It's amazing to day dream about the kind of things that haven't been shown in the film, animals, plants, perhaps even a different species of sub-humans! an even more primitive species of Na'vi or some such thing! The possibilities for the following two films are endless  :D :D

jaytea

I think or scientists should get their butts into gear and start making all of this technology real so we can see some cool stuff in our lifetime how our parents saw the first man on the moon we will see the first man in another universe or something lol

Nìftxavang Sreu

agreed. Haha I was trying to convince my 9 year old cousin tonight to become a scientist, because he love Avatar and I told him that with science/scientists things like Avatar might someday be possible, and he should try to help make it a reality. As my name suggests I'm a dancer, but, hey, if that ever falls through, I know what my new life's work will be (;

jaytea

ohh what kind of dancing? better than what i do i make parts for nasa and medical and military stuff have a side job in photography and collect avatar stuff bows and knives haha exciting life

Nìftxavang Sreu

ballet lol. omg your job is exciting! Except for the military part, lol. I have NOTHING against people who are in the army however, just like ever since I've seen Avatar I've become very anti war. lol but we're getting super off topic here..... :-X

Pwatem

I have the Activist Survival Guide which is a composition of the flora, fauna, and cultural aspects of the Na'vi and background info on the state of earth and RDA etc. It has a mini dictionary/ in the back.
I was so excited about that until I came here and the dictionaries have 3x as many words; but it is helpful.
,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire

jaytea

Quote from: Nìftxavang Sreu on February 13, 2010, 05:56:14 PM
ballet lol. omg your job is exciting! Except for the military part, lol. I have NOTHING against people who are in the army however, just like ever since I've seen Avatar I've become very anti war. lol but we're getting super off topic here..... :-X
haha yea im not into the war stuff either but its a big income for us so we have no choice and yea i know need to take this somewere else! haha and ballet must be nice very acrobatic i think =p

jaytea

Quote from: Pwatem on February 13, 2010, 06:00:54 PM
I have the Activist Survival Guide which is a composition of the flora, fauna, and cultural aspects of the Na'vi and background info on the state of earth and RDA etc. It has a mini dictionary/ in the back.
I was so excited about that until I came here and the dictionaries have 3x as many words; but it is helpful.
yea i bought that as well it is pretty nice to read their customs and the flora and fauna i just wish they had more like how earth has a never ending glossary of plants and animals

Nìftxavang Sreu

I've been trying to convince my mom to buy it for me, hmmm maybe I can trade in my upcoming haircut for the book haha. Any information is good information. I'm just excited about learning as much as I can about this completely enthralling new world we have yet to find  ;) I'm sick of humans being soooo interested in the planets in our solar system. we know there's no life on them, well, no intelligent life on them anyways, move on! Find Pandora!! 

jaytea

loll so far alls they found is water but who knows

archaic

Quote from: jaytea on February 13, 2010, 03:38:14 PM

No it isn't and No, at least I don't think it is.
It looks to me, like a commercial book was picked up at random, and the new 'Na'vi" cover was glued over the original cover, it doesn't quite fit correctly, it's very slightly too big.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Most book covers are too big, that's why I always just take them off.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Will Txankamuse

Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page