The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I see that I'm not the only one that always have spare tabs open when I'm browsing on this site. :)
I'm wondering what people will say when they discover that my whole serverpark is renamed to Na'vi words ^^

Else I've had none yet, but on the other hand, I haven't started to learn Na'vi yet (except from Kaltxì, Skxawng, kelutrel and a few other words).

edit: Tyops (honestly) :)

Txontaw

It's actually skxawng, Kaltxì has a ì not an í, but close enough. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

vrrtep tsamsiyu

I was in my math class on Thursday and the karyu made an error. I corrected him and then I called him a Skxawng....I thought it was clever until i realized he knew what it meant. He looked at me and laughed, the rest of the class was just staring in awkward silence.

Txontaw

Quote from: vrrtep tsamsiyu on January 09, 2010, 06:40:27 PM
I was in my math class on Thursday and the karyu made an error. I corrected him and then I called him a Skxawng....I thought it was clever until i realized he knew what it meant. He looked at me and laughed, the rest of the class was just staring in awkward silence.

Heh, that's funny, especially that fact that it's like an inside joke between you and the karyu.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Mako

I have a teacher who would likely be like that. And then he would turn on me and start speaking more Na'vi back :P

Txontaw

And then you get into an intense conversation completely in Na'vi with the whole class slowly backing out of the room :P

Mako

That would be sooo epic! Except I don't have him right now :/

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

New one (after viewing #5): cheering for Quaritch. The part where he punches jake, I was like "oh, what's up now? Quaritch, puttin on the hurt!" Someone hissed.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Mako

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 09, 2010, 10:24:22 PM
Like, legit Na'vi hissed?

Oe don't omum poan meant actual hissing. On that note though, let oe tell you from experience that doing a Na'vi hiss in a room of people does not go down well for nga. Because after that everyone thinks nga are hiyìk.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

No, like a snake hiss (the derogatory kind). My two friends were embarassed as well. If it was a navi hiss, I would have walked over and started a conversation.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

bagget00

I have one for the first time. I was watching the movie in 3d and when the viper-wolves were attacking Jake, there was a part where they show tem running in a group into the light and they hiss. I hissed back.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Atanä mungeyu

OMG bagget00 your signature rules;

dude,that's seriously the awesomest ever XD
eywa ngahu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I love how fast the topic gets destroyed..

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Eventually every topic turns into something else entirely.

Kìyevame, Eywa ngahu.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Ugh, getting off topic makes me embarassed.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 10, 2010, 01:51:48 PM
Ugh, getting off topic makes me embarassed.
Well even talking about going off topic is being off topic.

Kìyevame, Eywa ngahu.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

No I just got us back on topic. I was embarassed about something avatar related.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 10, 2010, 01:57:52 PM
No I just got us back on topic. I was embarassed about something avatar related.

Ooooh. Nice job, honestly I had totally forgotten about the topic when I was reading through.

Kìyevame, Eywa ngahu.