The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

I'm so jealous. When I took speech, there weren't any interesting topics (one guy talked about the death of captain america for three speeches... seriously?)

Come to my school, and take classes with me.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

ZombiezuRFER

Why don't you go to his school?  If anybody had the money here we would have a school that covers basic school stuff with a mandatory Na'vi class that counts as a third of grade. I wish that was my school
Help my dragons grow! Click them!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!
http://horatsiz.wikia.c

Txontaw

Quote from: ZombiezuRFER on January 10, 2010, 09:39:00 PM
Why don't you go to his school?  If anybody had the money here we would have a school that covers basic school stuff with a mandatory Na'vi class that counts as a third of grade. I wish that was my school

If you do, come and join our tribe! http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=1608.60
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: ZombiezuRFER on January 10, 2010, 09:39:00 PM

A Na'vi class? Don't speak nonsense.

All classes would be taught in Na'vi. Its far too important a subject for only one class period.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 10, 2010, 09:35:40 PM
I'm so jealous. When I took speech, there weren't any interesting topics (one guy talked about the death of captain america for three speeches... seriously?)

Problem with my speech was I nearly failed it because it was supposed to be 5-8 minutes long and i went for ~20 minutes. lol

Kìyevame, Eywa ngahu.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Nìwotkrr Tsahameylu on January 10, 2010, 09:42:56 PM
Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 10, 2010, 09:35:40 PM

Problem with my speech was I nearly failed it because it was supposed to be 5-8 minutes long and i went for ~20 minutes. lol

Kìyevame, Eywa ngahu.

Ooo, I'm so jealous. When I took speech class I also didn't have anything to talk about. However I kept it in my time limit but I totally agree, given that I spend hours on end discussing avatar 8 minutes just isn't enough time!

Tirealì'u

When I took speech class, I gave a Eulogy for a Darwin Award nominee.

I made everyone think he was some sort of hero. :-D

Anyway. Oddly enough, I haven't actually had an embarrassing Avatar related moment, surprisingly...

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

This is really OT but my speech proctor is narcoleptic. Yes, narcoleptic. I've started speeches, and when he falls asleep I stop talking, and when he wakes again I conclude. It's the best.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 10, 2010, 11:22:29 PM
This is really OT but my speech proctor is narcoleptic. Yes, narcoleptic. I've started speeches, and when he falls asleep I stop talking, and when he wakes again I conclude. It's the best.

HAAHAHAAH, I had a teacher in high school like that, he taught English and one poetry class I had with him he would fall asleep sometimes and we would just get up and leave. Ahhh, good times.

[/off topic]

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I have a feeling several avatar related moments will happen tommorow. It's the first day back since after exams, and I know I'm not the only one who's seen the movie. Madness will ensue.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 04, 2010, 10:48:30 PM
Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

"you should have seen my face".

That's the greatest story! Its like... Avatar MLIA.

omg MLIA! I used to have the maximum daily dose of MLIA everyday! but now it's adding really fast and well, I can't keep up with it :/
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

kintìomum

Trudy's comment "We're fighting bow and arrow against helicopters" and me thinking:
Hell, works everytime in Civilization, why're you worried?
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: kintìomum on January 11, 2010, 09:51:33 AM
Trudy's comment "We're fighting bow and arrow against helicopters" and me thinking:
Hell, works everytime in Civilization, why're you worried?

ROFL! Grenadier's vs helicopters is fun too :P

Atanä mungeyu

man i had my most emarrasing moment today,
ecause of the forum eing down, i was really silent and unhappy etc
and at german class, my teacher starts talking to me, with everyone listening, that i should be more active, sit up straight and even;
i have a bit longer hair, and she says: move your hair out of the way so you can hear me....
hate her soo much...
she's really evil, even to other students..
eywa ayngahu,
unil
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Mako

Haha. I found a teacher at my school willing to learn to speak Na'vi! I'm happy! But walking up to him and asking him about it was a little wierd :P

ZombiezuRFER

I wish my teachers spoke Na'vi... wish it wads the only language they used for that matter!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!

Tanhì Tireafya'o

I hope my teacher won't speak Na'vi. It would embarras me since it seems like they don't have a life and all they life for is their job and they expect you to do the same  :-\ Then instead of sharing one or two languages with them, I'll be sharing two or three languages with them. Wouldn't mind if it'll be English teacher. Rest just sucks.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Kametu

Not my embarabsing moment, but my friends. He didn't realize who Grace's avatar was until she died  :o

ZombiezuRFER

wow.  they acted like ayskxawng?  why don't you reel them in here an we can teach 'em.

give me internets!

Help me with my wiki!

Mako

Not embarrassing for me at all, but I walked into baseball workouts with all the jocks today, and one of my friends who didn't know I was learning Na'vi yells across the lobby:

"Hey, Seth! Can you answer something?"

Me: "Yeah, sure."

Him: "Is it true that you are learning the Avatar language?" (Almost hissed at him, but refrained)

Me: "Heck yeah! I'll admit to that any day brother."