The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

Oe got one for ya.

Oe was watching Avatar with my friends and when we got to a part with no subtitles, my friend leaned over and asked me what they were saying. Oe actually knew enough to tell him. Plus Oe hissed at Quaritch multiple times throughout the movie.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Lora Taw

ive seen it so many times (8 in imax 3D) that i dont even tell my friends what number im at anymore because they just cant comprehend how i could spend that much money to go see a movie. its embarrassing to tell normal people that number because they might think im trying to brag or might think im crazy when i just love Pandora and the Na'vi that much.

Lora Taw

Quote from: Txontaw on January 14, 2010, 07:45:00 PM
Quote from: ZombiezuRFER on January 14, 2010, 07:38:20 PM
That is a tikawng idea.  >:(  You should have shot him with your bow right there.  Instead, you should wait for the real thing to be released so you get all the special features which he obviously didn't have.

That's the main reason that I didn't get it. But still, you can't help but want it anyway.
the only reason i would want it is so that i can loop segments where they are saying words in na'vi so i can practice pronunciation :[

Eanikran

I got one-
yesterday in my 2nd hour at school, I was taking an essay test. Well, my newly acquired habit of writing some words in Na'vi instead of English almost all the time will most likely lead my teacher to saying 'lol wut' several times while grading the test today. ;D       

TheEternalPhoenix

This one's pretty bad, am normally in the habit of greeting my friends with oél ngáti kámeie but  ;)

have now started hand movements :o

Oerdescu

My favourite moment when Neytiri shows her ikran to Jake.
She fondles the neck of her ikran and says; "Seze, tam tam Seze." I quess this moment is full of love.  ::)

Bob From Bombay

Screaming "SHUT UP PEOPLE" in the theatre when rest of the guys there were making funny noises during the kissing scene btween Jake and neytiri.... then getting screamed at by them for doing dat...

Unilmokri

A mix of embarassing and insanely cool

Stood in line for buying my groceries earlier today. After paying, the girl at the till asked if I wanted the receipt.
I nodded, and when she gave it to me I simply blurted out "Irayo"..
She looked up like I'd slapped her in the face, and without missing a beat asked me "Plltxe Na'vi?"
I think my face turned red as a spanked baboon-butt when I found myself stumbling with the shock of her knowing Na'vi AND trying to find an appropriate response.

Ended up stalling the checkout line for a minute or two while we exchanged contact info, before realising that around 7 people were staring at us with mild contempt and two young guys were laughing hysterically (I presume at us  :( )

Oh well, another friend on the roster! And one who speaks Na'vi none the less!  ;D

Camilla! If you're reading this, throw me a message!   :D
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

ZombiezuRFER

What was the store?  It's the only place to get stuff forthe rest of is now.
Help my dragons grow! Click them!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!
http://horatsiz.wikia.c

Lora Taw

Quote from: Unilmokri on January 17, 2010, 08:53:49 AM

Stood in line for buying my groceries earlier today. After paying, the girl at the till asked if I wanted the receipt.
She looked up like I'd slapped her in the face, and without missing a beat asked me "Plltxe Na'vi?"
I think my face turned red as a spanked baboon-butt when I found myself stumbling with the shock of her knowing Na'vi AND trying to find an appropriate response.

Ended up stalling the checkout line for a minute or two while we exchanged contact info, before realising that around 7 people were staring at us with mild contempt and two young guys were laughing hysterically (I presume at us  :( )

Oh well, another friend on the roster! And one who speaks Na'vi none the less!  ;D

wow im so jealous, thats really awesome!

Na'rìng a-fkeu

My friend and I were walking out of the theatre before the movie started for a bathroom break (even grown up Avatars have to go to the bathroom  :D) and we were pronouncing "skxawng" as some people were walking in.

They made fun of us by mocking our Na'vi.  >:(
Kawkrr! Krr slayu nga Na'viyä hapxì!

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Na'rìng a-fkeu on January 17, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
My friend and I were walking out of the theatre before the movie started for a bathroom break (even grown up Avatars have to go to the bathroom  :D) and we were pronouncing "skxawng" as some people were walking in.

They made fun of us by mocking our Na'vi.  >:(

well I hope you were pronouncing it correctly or I might have to euthanize you.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Sol Lupusnight

talking to my co-workers in navi and explaining to them, hey im not ashamed of my neridness for this movie at all.
Oel Hawnu Eywati

Kaiatéya

...when my partner realized I was trying to teach our one year old son how to make ejective consonants and how to say kaltxì :D

She likes Avatar but is not .. err .. into it like I've been :D

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kaiatéya on January 17, 2010, 10:45:09 PM
...when my partner realized I was trying to teach our one year old son how to make ejective consonants and how to say kaltxì :D

She likes Avatar but is not .. err .. into it like I've been :D

Awesome!...I mean, um neat.

(wasn't there a thing showing that people brought up to be multilingual we're generally better learners later on in life or something like that?)

bagget00

Yeah, it's something about learning the patterns for useful self discipline at an early age sets you up for the future.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

Quote from: Unilmokri on January 17, 2010, 08:53:49 AM

Wow that is seriously awesome! I want an experience like this..

bagget00

Txonyä'ite

I was telling an interested person (cashier) that I met in Barnes and Nobel how to say some of the words in Na'vi that I have learned. A ten year old behind me in line called me a geek. (the fact that he was right kinda hurt ;))

Lora Taw

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on January 18, 2010, 02:20:48 AM
I was telling an interested person (cashier) that I met in Barnes and Nobel how to say some of the words in Na'vi that I have learned. A ten year old behind me in line called me a geek. (the fact that he was right kinda hurt ;))

the fact that the kid is so judgemental is whats really sad.