The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vrrtep tsamsiyu

Okay I have a kinda embarrassing moment...I went to see youth and revolt (you know that one movie where Michael Cera is an awkward teenager) for some reason. So any way after the movie my friends and I where walking out when one of them saw that Avatar had just started...So we went into it (A.K.A theater hopped). It was like the 6th time i've seen it and on the way out i felt guilt...it was weird I kept thinking that James Cameron deserved every penny...so i told my friends to wait at my car so i could go to the bathroom. I went and bought a ticket for the next showing of it when my friend walked up and saw me. Naturally he made fun of me, and it didn't help that when i saw him I said, Fnu!

Lora Taw

Quote from: vrrtep tsamsiyu on January 19, 2010, 11:48:50 PM
Okay I have a kinda embarrassing moment...I went to see youth and revolt (you know that one movie where Michael Cera is an awkward teenager) for some reason. So any way after the movie my friends and I where walking out when one of them saw that Avatar had just started...So we went into it (A.K.A theater hopped). It was like the 6th time i've seen it and on the way out i felt guilt...it was weird I kept thinking that James Cameron deserved every penny...so i told my friends to wait at my car so i could go to the bathroom. I went and bought a ticket for the next showing of it when my friend walked up and saw me. Naturally he made fun of me, and it didn't help that when i saw him I said, Fnu!

good for you vrrtep. im very proud of you. ive felt the same way since i first saw the movie and my friends tried to get me to sneak into it once but i refused and bought my ticket like the movie deserves. eywa ngahu

keye'ung makto

ive been greeting people at work in navi sometimes...  it's not intentional and i get  some very interesting looks lol

Zefanaya

Quote from: Étienne on January 04, 2010, 10:28:57 PM
When I told my friend that I loved the movie and seen it multiple times and another friend proceeds to say "He just like blue chicks"

as James and Kevin said Neytiri is bankable and as to Kevins question yeah i would "blank" Neytiri
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txonyä'ite

I heard some guys at the movie last night talking about the language so i walked up and told them about the site. They asked me some questions and asked for a couple of simple phrases which i showed showed them...I was then treated to the the 2 skxawgn laughing me all the way back to my car.

Kupaton`Eywa

OK!
THAT'S IT IMA START BUSTIN PPL WITH MY AMP SUIT WHETHET THEY LIKE IT OR NOT!!!
I Command an Army, you do nt want to mess with me!

Dragonki332

Most embarresing for me was when I was texting my girlfriend...
"Oel ngati kameie" was one of the things I said... (for some odd reason)
She thought it was a typo, and didn't even think of it.
So, next day comes around and we are standing in the halls waiting for the bell to start and she shows me the text and says..
"What where you trying to say here"
All I said was...
"I see you"
she was like..
"Devon.... You're learning Na'Vi, aren't you?"
"yes babe"
"Wow"

It still surprised me that she realized it was Na'Vi. Which makes me wonder sometimes....

Toruk Makto

When you least expect it, they're Na'vi fans!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Txonyä'ite

Quote from: Kupaton`Eywa on January 20, 2010, 10:15:38 AM
OK!

Sounds like a plan!

Lora Taw

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on January 20, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: Kupaton`Eywa on January 20, 2010, 10:15:38 AM
OK!

Sounds like a plan!

man some people are really narrow minded. its quite sad (that in reply to those jerks that laughed at you for speaking na'vi)

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on January 20, 2010, 09:49:32 AM
I heard some guys at the movie last night talking about the language so i walked up and told them about the site. They asked me some questions and asked for a couple of simple phrases which i showed showed them...I was then treated to the the 2 skxawgn laughing me all the way back to my car.

Meh, ignore them because for everyone of these guys you have about 10 people who go "wow, that so cool, but I could never learn it". We just need to convince them that they can learn it.

Txonyä'ite

Its all good. I'm not going to stop nor am I going to stop talking to people about Na'vi.

Kaiatéya

Today my friend typed "i'm ogin gto go nap" to me and I instantly started trying to parse it as Na'vi instead of typos ... ;D

Hey, I glanced at it and thought I saw a 'nga' in there!

Txontaw

Quote from: Kaiatéya on January 21, 2010, 05:07:35 PM
Today my friend typed "i'm ogin gto go nap" to me and I instantly started trying to parse it as Na'vi instead of typos ... ;D

Hey, I glanced at it and thought I saw a 'nga' in there!

I tried to do that before I read on before I realized that that was what you tried to do. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Eyamsiyu

I have a moment now.  However, I guess I sort of brought it on myself.

Our college dorm doors have built-on whiteboards.  On mine, I wrote the (as unfortunate as it may sound) only phrases I know at this point: Kaltxì, ma tsmukan.  Oel ngati kameie.

Next morning, I found it scratched out and f****t written over it.  In addition, all the pens for each of the whiteboards on our hall disappeared.  Quickly erased my whiteboard...  IDK if I caused the pens to disappear, but if so, I don't want to get caught.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Txonyä'ite

Don't feel bad, the dorms are magnets for idiots. I always thought it would be a good idea to divide the dorms by major and assign floors by test score. :p

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on January 21, 2010, 11:00:02 PM
Don't feel bad, the dorms are magnets for idiots. I always thought it would be a good idea to divide the dorms by major and assign floors by test score. :p
Totally agree and my school actually did divide somewhat buy major (by school actually). I was in the honors dorms and we never had an issue. The jock dorms on the other hand were constantly trashed, 24/7.

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on January 21, 2010, 10:57:00 PM
I have a moment now.  However, I guess I sort of brought it on myself.

Our college dorm doors have built-on whiteboards.  On mine, I wrote the (as unfortunate as it may sound) only phrases I know at this point: Kaltxì, ma tsmukan.  Oel ngati kameie.

Next morning, I found it scratched out and f****t written over it.  In addition, all the pens for each of the whiteboards on our hall disappeared.  Quickly erased my whiteboard...  IDK if I caused the pens to disappear, but if so, I don't want to get caught.

Wow that's terrible. That's actually borderline behavior code violation, under:

1) unnecessary profanity (it's a dorm, sure, but there are limits)
2) unwarrented hostility (it's not like they graffiti'd everyone's boards, it was obviously an attack levied at you)
3) confiscation of school property (usually things like your whiteboards are provided by the school housing department for student use. If someone is responsible for actively preventing use of school materials to other students then it could warrent an infraction and an appointment with the dean of students)

You could contact your housing department about it or even you campus police (report it as property theft) if you really want to scare the people responsible.

Lastly, I would go get another marker and write twice as much Na'vi back on the board.  8)

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Eyamsiyu

Nah man, I won't fan the flames.  If they fan them themselves, then they get a butt-kicking.  After all, I took martial arts for two years, and developed my own style of fighting using a "special" drumstick: http://www.vicfirth.com/product/buynow/product.php?button=MS4  After all, I've broken my own hands while playing with them on drums.  And a "friend" of mine tried to break them over his knee, and broke his kneecap.

I live in what they call the SURF dorm, which is basically a "drug-and-alcohol-free" community.  So we have a combination of people living and visiting here.

Other than that, it's a great place to hang if you're sXe, like me.

Besides, I'm working on a transfer, and where I'm going next, I will be living with family.  Don't have to deal with d-bags, and I save $7,000 a year on housing and dining.  Besides, the major there (Music Business with an Emphasis on drum-set at University of North Carolina @ Pembroke) is WAY cooler than what I was doing here (Music Education at Ball State).

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on January 21, 2010, 11:10:45 PM
Nah man, I won't fan the flames.  If they fan them themselves, then they get a butt-kicking.  After all, I took martial arts for two years, and developed my own style of fighting using a "special" drumstick: http://www.vicfirth.com/product/buynow/product.php?button=MS4  After all, I've broken my own hands while playing with them on drums.  And a "friend" of mine tried to break them over his knee, and broke his kneecap.

Drum-fu?