The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 21, 2010, 11:19:13 PM
Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on January 21, 2010, 11:10:45 PM
Nah man, I won't fan the flames.  If they fan them themselves, then they get a butt-kicking.  After all, I took martial arts for two years, and developed my own style of fighting using a "special" drumstick: http://www.vicfirth.com/product/buynow/product.php?button=MS4  After all, I've broken my own hands while playing with them on drums.  And a "friend" of mine tried to break them over his knee, and broke his kneecap.

Drum-fu?

He "beats" his opponents by en"snare"ing them with a rapid "rythmn" of attacks  :D ok I'll stop now  :-X

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Eyamsiyu

Sure, you could name it that.  And at only 16.25 in., they move FAST.  However, I will say that those two years was a long time ago, so what remains is loosely based on the style of fighting I learned, which utilizes circular motion for power.

Ok, I think it's about time that we get back on topic. My bad for taking it off-topic.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Robert Nantangä Tirea

I now actively seek to arrive at my classes early enough to get a seat near the front. That way as many people behind me as possible can read the "Learnnavi.org" on the back of my shirt hehehe  :D

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on January 22, 2010, 12:11:28 PM
I now actively seek to arrive at my classes early enough to get a seat near the front. That way as many people behind me as possible can read the "Learnnavi.org" on the back of my shirt hehehe  :D

That is awesome.

Tsway'eion

My most embarrassing avatar related moment.

I was on vacation, in a hotel room with my family, i had brought my laptop to do some homework, and my parents had also brought theirs... but my parents had 10x faster internet... and i needed internet to do my homework.

So i start doing my homework as they go out for lunch, I sign into MSN messenger once i'm finished, and start speaking with Taronyu, about an hour later, i had a question about Sä- in Sänume... and i ask him to use it in a sentence. Well my mother got home about 4-5 minutes before i asked, then my mother says she needs to use the laptop... looks at my conversation, and Taronyu replies with the translated phrase "Butt stopper".

That wouldn't have been so bad... if he hadn't translated it right after he wrote it it Na'vi...

My mom just asks if Taronyu's avatar pic is my new MSN avatar thing... i say no... and sign off... I'll never know if she actually saw what Taronyu wrote... but it was embarrassing...

Lora Taw

darn you robert! wish i had gotten a Kaltxì shirt :[

Txontaw

Quote from: Lora Taw on January 22, 2010, 05:38:28 PM

darn you robert! wish i had gotten a Kaltxì shirt :[

They'll restock, trust me.

I'm transferring into Advanced Graphic Arts next semester, and we get to make as many t-shirts as we want.

Guess what I'm making for my first one? :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Eyamsiyu

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Txonyä'ite

Muntxa

One of my most embarrassing Avatar related moments:
I got a new mobile phone yesterday and you can say something and it saves it then. So, I tried this widget and said out loud: "Neytiri is beautiful and Jake is hot" and my mum came in...  :P And of course she knew who Neytiri and Jake are because I talk about them every day!!!

Robert Nantangä Tirea

This kid behind me in class was going on and on about nothing and everything and he had this horribly whiney voice and the only thing I could think of was "FNU!"

And yesturday I thought my calculator got stolen and I was running back to the class I left it in. On the way I was thinking of what I would say if it was gone or I found out who took it and I invented the word "aysa'nusiyu" but I'll leave that up to you to translate lol.

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Ftiafpi

Txonyä'ite

Yeah professors don't seem to think its funny when the Na'vi gets busted out in class...

pbhead

Zhowìntll

Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

"you should have seen my face".

That's awesome, actually.

My embarrassing moment -- I say a couple Na'vi words to my closest friend for the first time.  She also loves the movie, and seems to enjoy what I'm saying to her.  Then, I proceed to explain that there is both a formal and informal way of saying, "I see you".  Her response - "wait, you're not part of that cult, are you?".  Yes, I think I am.

kintìomum

kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

"you should have seen my face".

That is so cool. Lucky you :P

Quote from: Zhowìntll on January 27, 2010, 12:25:41 AM
"wait, you're not part of that cult, are you?".  Yes, I think I am.

Cult? I prefer heavily dedicated fanbase member :D

And It's a little embarrassing for me when there is an Avatar related discussion amongst my friends, and I kind of drive it up to "Avatard knowledge level only" :P

I get some weird looks when I know more stuff than people see fit. I don't care :P

The most embarrassing was a couple of nights ago. I went to a party with some friends, and one got a bit tipsy. He spent the rest of the evening with a party streamer on his head, claiming he was "Neytiri, princess of the forest". :P
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Tutean-tìhawnu

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 27, 2010, 08:27:45 AM
And It's a little embarrassing for me when there is an Avatar related discussion amongst my friends, and I kind of drive it up to "Avatard knowledge level only" :P

I get some weird looks when I know more stuff than people see fit. I don't care :P

Been there done that ;D
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Wow! That's so lucky. People in Atlanta are so BORING, I have yet to find someone else who speaks Na'vi around here or even wants to learn. Everyone's so..... "meh"  :-\

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!