The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lora Taw

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 01, 2010, 01:54:21 PM
I spent a weekend with out of town friends, and they all kept making fun of me for being an Avatar nerd and speaking the occasional word of Na'vi at them. The one had absolutely no excuse since she's seen it 7 times and may go see it an 8th in the next week .. I've only seen it 3. :P I finally told her that and she's like .. uh .. yeah .. oh. Hehe..

Then she admitted to me that her roommate is also learning Na'vi. :D I taught her to say "skxawng" at least.

wow she had seen it 7 times and didnt know skxawng? was she even paying attention?

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Lora Taw on February 01, 2010, 02:43:35 PM
Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 01, 2010, 01:54:21 PM
I spent a weekend with out of town friends, and they all kept making fun of me for being an Avatar nerd and speaking the occasional word of Na'vi at them. The one had absolutely no excuse since she's seen it 7 times and may go see it an 8th in the next week .. I've only seen it 3. :P I finally told her that and she's like .. uh .. yeah .. oh. Hehe..

Then she admitted to me that her roommate is also learning Na'vi. :D I taught her to say "skxawng" at least.

wow she had seen it 7 times and didnt know skxawng? was she even paying attention?
FAIL
how can she not even know skxawng...., after seeing it 7 times, i'd think she'd be someone around here XD...
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Kxanìa 'awpo

Quote from: Kisora on February 01, 2010, 10:25:13 AM
I feel embarrased to even like this universe as much as I do now. I keep telling myself 'it's not real, never will be, You just want to get outta school and try camping' yet I always end up here learning more, weeping over avatar soundtrack and saying kaltxì to my friends.

I plan to add painting myself blue, learning archery and going to see the dentist soon to get pointed teeth.

But I guess I just can't help it, the universe of avatar is mesmerizing. Though can't I believe I emo-ed over the show for a month after watching it.

Im with you on this one (except the painting myself blue and pointed teeth, I do know archery though). Compared to Pandora, Earth just sucks. I would give anything to go live on Pandora and Ive only seen the movie once ( :o blasphemy!)
"They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land!" -Juke Sully

Kaiatéya

Quote from: unil-tìran-tokx on February 01, 2010, 03:43:24 PM
how can she not even know skxawng...., after seeing it 7 times, i'd think she'd be someone around here XD...

That's a really good point .. I hadn't even thought about it. *sigh* Especially with a roomie studying it! Sheesh.

Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 01, 2010, 06:28:36 PMIm with you on this one (except the painting myself blue and pointed teeth, I do know archery though). Compared to Pandora, Earth just sucks. I would give anything to go live on Pandora and Ive only seen the movie once ( :o blasphemy!)

Earth is outstanding. :) You just have to bother with tsaheylu. It takes a little faith and openness to it.

Unless you mean: Earth sucks because it's full of RDA type humanity, and there I have a harder time arguing :)

Technowraith

Earth sucks in generally. Well, the polluted parts do more than anything. But i wouldn't touch the remaining pristine areas for anything.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 01, 2010, 06:28:36 PM
I would give anything to go live on Pandora and Ive only seen the movie once

Try to imagine how someone who saw it 8 times (like me) feel ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

MaTe

Quote from: MaTe on January 31, 2010, 03:46:59 PM
At my recent viewing, the guy who checks the ticket knew my real name... and I really do wonder how... maybe he was selling the ticket some other time and read it on credit card?

...I have cool friends...
I came to that showing with a friend and he was there before me, so he told the guy who checks tickets what is my name and asked him to say "hi".
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Kxanìa 'awpo

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 01, 2010, 06:53:41 PM
Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 01, 2010, 06:28:36 PMIm with you on this one (except the painting myself blue and pointed teeth, I do know archery though). Compared to Pandora, Earth just sucks. I would give anything to go live on Pandora and Ive only seen the movie once ( :o blasphemy!)

Earth is outstanding. :) You just have to bother with tsaheylu. It takes a little faith and openness to it.

Unless you mean: Earth sucks because it's full of RDA type humanity, and there I have a harder time arguing :)

Yeah, the planet itself was great before we came, a 1-in-a-million world full of life. I mean that we (humans) screwed it over with our selfish, destructive ways. Like Technowraith said (modified):
Quote from: Technowraith on February 01, 2010, 07:15:38 PM
Earth sucks in generally. Well, the polluted parts do more than anything. But i wouldn't touch the remaining pristine areas (I.E. Siberia, the Sahara Dessert, pretty much  anywhere than no one can make money off of.) for anything.

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 01, 2010, 07:21:02 PM

I know, I would have seen it 8 times too but I dont have the time. I really need to go see it again.
"They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land!" -Juke Sully

Atoki Atanyä

Agreed. If only it were real. Well, with the learning of Na'vi and a little faith in humanity overcoming it's greed in plundering nature, hopefully we can make Earth once again as beautiful as Pandora.  
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Txontaw

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on February 01, 2010, 11:04:01 PM

Agreed. If only it were real. Well, with the learning of Na'vi and a little faith in humanity overcoming it's greed in plundering nature, hopefully we can make Earth once again as beautiful as Pandora.  

Unfortunately, that would take support in numbers too great for us to get. It would require enough unselfish people to teach their children a love for nature so that they can eventually overpower the technology age, and return us to a natural point. That would require world peace, and a common language, which is never going to happen, unfortunately. :(
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Technowraith

Quote from: Txontaw on February 01, 2010, 11:09:46 PM
Unfortunately, that would take support in numbers too great for us to get. It would require enough unselfish people to teach their children a love for nature so that they can eventually overpower the technology age, and return us to a natural point. That would require world peace, and a common language, which is never going to happen, unfortunately. :(

If we really want to save this planet, we need to go green and come up with better mentality then "use it." Simple ways to help the planet are legion, one of the easiest is to fill that recycle bin. There's tons of ways to save the environment. In the US, one place to look is the Department of Environmental Protection. They have a website (Google the department) which is chock full of resources to help you out in this regard. For those of you outside the US, your country probably has some governing body that manages environmental issues in your country. Contact that particular department for resources.

There's a grass-roots movement in some areas of the US that pushing for natural energy sourcesm renewable energy sources and the like. Solar power is epic win. I can't imagine how many months it's been since i've had to pay an electric bill because my solar panels make more power than i use. So i sell the extra power back to the utility company. (Imagine that... getting a check from the power company every month). Burgeoning corporate support for greener business practices are starting to come about more aggressively. So there's progress, but not enough progress.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 05:08:49 AM
I can't imagine how many months it's been since i've had to pay an electric bill because my solar panels make more power than i use. So i sell the extra power back to the utility company. (Imagine that... getting a check from the power company every month). Burgeoning corporate support for greener business practices are starting to come about more aggressively. So there's progress, but not enough progress.

How large if the residence that you live at, and how much did it cost for you to install the solar panels that you speak of?

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Earth sucks in generally. Well, the polluted parts do more than anything. But i wouldn't touch the remaining pristine areas for anything.

That's kind of extremist.

1) Earth doesn't suck, without it you wouldn't even exist so give some respect to Earth. Just because most of Earth's natural dangers and beasts and been sucessfully tamed by technology and time, doesn't make them any less impressive. This is why the Discovery Channel has so much appeal, because there's something glorious about watching nature. A volcano exploding on Earth is just as awe-insirping as one on Pandora.

2) You can't say the only good parts are the untouched pristine parts. They're untouched because no one (on average) lives there. If you extended this idea to the whole planet then where would humanity exist? Humanity is not inherently evil. Missguided values over the course of history are the reason for behaviors now-a-days that are not honorable and destructive to the eviroment. Nature isn't about "no humans", it's about balance. Find ways to take just what you need and give back when you can.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on February 02, 2010, 10:22:52 AM

That's kind of extremist.

1) Earth doesn't suck, without it you wouldn't even exist so give some respect to Earth. Just because most of Earth's natural dangers and beasts and been sucessfully tamed by technology and time, doesn't make them any less impressive. This is why the Discovery Channel has so much appeal, because there's something glorious about watching nature. A volcano exploding on Earth is just as awe-insirping as one on Pandora.

2) You can't say the only good parts are the untouched pristine parts. They're untouched because no one (on average) lives there. If you extended this idea to the whole planet then where would humanity exist? Humanity is not inherently evil. Missguided values over the course of history are the reason for behaviors now-a-days that are not honorable and destructive to the eviroment. Nature isn't about "no humans", it's about balance. Find ways to take just what you need and give back when you can.

Good discussion but let's not get off topic here.

Kaiatéya

Earth is beautiful - <3 your mother and she will <3 you back. :) Tsaheylu. Seriously, I really mean that.

Back on topic -- I walked into work today and one of my co-workers said Kaltxì, Meg! It was one part embarrassment and 9 parts win :)

Technowraith

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 02, 2010, 02:05:02 PM
Back on topic -- I walked into work today and one of my co-workers said Kaltxì, Meg! It was one part embarrassment and 9 parts win :)

I've got my boss and a few co-workers greeting each other in na'vi. They also know the word skxawng, by i don't tell them what it means. But i think they're catching on. I hissed at a very rude coworker and called her a skxawng. I told the others the olny way they will learn what skxawng means is to watch avatar.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 02:28:45 PM
Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 02, 2010, 02:05:02 PM

I've got my boss and a few co-workers greeting each other in na'vi. They also know the word skxawng, by i don't tell them what it means. But i think they're catching on. I hissed at a very rude coworker and called her a skxawng. I told the others the olny way they will learn what skxawng means is to watch avatar.

GAH! They haven't seen the sacred film! You must kidnap them and force them to see it, immediately! </sarcasm>

Heh, that's awesome.

Technowraith

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 02, 2010, 02:32:04 PM

GAH! They haven't seen the sacred film! You must kidnap them and force them to see it, immediately! </sarcasm>

Heh, that's awesome.

No, they haven't seen Avatar. But i talked my boss into seeing it with me tomorrow. So he changed my schedule so i get out earlier so he and i could go see it.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 02:36:55 PM

Heh, that's awesome.

No, they haven't seen Avatar. But i talked my boss into seeing it with me tomorrow. So he changed my schedule so i get out earlier so he and i could go see it.

That's some nice boss!
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 02, 2010, 03:04:54 PM
Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 02:36:55 PM

Heh, that's awesome.

that boss rules, he is changing work times to go see avatar with you, that's just... FTW...
eywa ayngahu,
unilyu

That's some nice boss!
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.