The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esperanto

Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 02:28:45 PM
I've got my boss and a few co-workers greeting each other in na'vi. They also know the word skxawng, by i don't tell them what it means. But i think they're catching on. I hissed at a very rude coworker and called her a skxawng. I told the others the olny way they will learn what skxawng means is to watch avatar.
I WISH my workplace was this cool. What do you do for a living?
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Technowraith

Quote from: Darrigan on February 03, 2010, 09:02:22 AM
Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 02:28:45 PM
I've got my boss and a few co-workers greeting each other in na'vi. They also know the word skxawng, by i don't tell them what it means. But i think they're catching on. I hissed at a very rude coworker and called her a skxawng. I told the others the olny way they will learn what skxawng means is to watch avatar.
I WISH my workplace was this cool. What do you do for a living?

I work as a manager at a retail store. My boss is the store manager. I'm a level below him.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Txonyä'ite

My husband brought home terminator salvation last night and we watched it with some friends, when sam worthington came on the screen i yelled "It's a miracle, you got your legs back" and no one got it. *facepalm*

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 03, 2010, 03:19:40 PM
My husband brought home terminator salvation last night and we watched it with some friends, when sam worthington came on the screen i yelled "It's a miracle, you got your legs back" and no one got it. *facepalm*
omg lold your friends, have they seen AVATAR?
if they have they aren't the brightest crayons of the box XD
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Txonyä'ite

Yeah they have seen it, and no they probably aren't. Although I married one of them so what does that say about me  :P

Eyamsiyu

I don't know, man... (classic pot-smoker answer to everything).

Told a friend of mine about the fact that I'm learning the language (or attempting), and he lol'd like he's never done...

Of course, he's a jock, so stuff like this he finds absolutely pointless, along with school in general...  :P

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 03, 2010, 03:28:09 PM
Yeah they have seen it, and no they probably aren't. Although I married one of them so what does that say about me  :P

It means you are very good at manipulation of weak minds.  :D
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Unilmokri

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 03, 2010, 03:36:08 PM
Of course, he's a jock, so stuff like this he finds absolutely pointless, along with school in general...  :P

The cliché if I ever saw one  ;D

Well, I find comfort in knowing that when I'm done with my 3D Animation and Design studies, all the jocks that laughed at my geeky/scholastic demaneur will be flipping burgers when I'm working on Avatar 3  ::)
Oh, but the irony of life is sweet indeed ;)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

Txonyä'ite

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 03, 2010, 04:08:19 PM
Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 03, 2010, 03:28:09 PM

It means you are very good at manipulation of weak minds.  :D

That post was full of win! I finally have proof that I'm a manipulative witch :D

Tsway'eion

Quote from: Unilmokri on February 03, 2010, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 03, 2010, 03:36:08 PM

The cliché if I ever saw one  ;D

Well, I find comfort in knowing that when I'm done with my 3D Animation and Design studies, all the jocks that laughed at my geeky/scholastic demaneur will be flipping burgers when I'm working on Avatar 3  ::)
Oh, but the irony of life is sweet indeed ;)

True that. I also wouldn't mind if they were the ones serving the popcorn while i was working on/watching Avatar 3.

Txonyä'ite

^ there is nothing better for me than visiting home and walking through the mall seeing all the people who called a freak, loser, geek, nerd, etc. in high school working at food court. (not saying its not a respectable job but at 25 it could go either way) I love seeing that even though those people were on top for four years, their bad attitude and behavior has made it so they will be on the bottom for the rest of their lives.

Technowraith

Last week i made a rudimentary Na'vi tail just out of boredom. The other day i wore it to work by accident when i forgot to take it off. The boss was highly amused and told me to keep it on all day. Didn't bother me, but when you got kids tugging on your tail, it does get annoying after a while.  :-\

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Mako

Technowraith

Quote from: Sänumeyu on February 04, 2010, 03:24:13 PM
My question is how do you forget that? :P

If you're half as brain dead as i am that early in the morning, then it's entirely possible to forget you're wearing a tail.  ;D

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eyamsiyu

Especially if it's not neurologically connected to your body, right?

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, all the people at my theater recognize me and don't even ask what movie I'm seeing. That's it for me. I need some more Avatar worthy experiences.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 03:37:12 PM
Especially if it's not neurologically connected to your body, right?

Just wait one or two years and we'll see. ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eyamsiyu

As cool as a tail might be, I wouldn't jump on to the opportunity to get one very soon.  Unless you can consciously control its movements, I wouldn't be getting one.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 05:26:39 PM
As cool as a tail might be, I wouldn't jump on to the opportunity to get one very soon.  Unless you can consciously control its movements, I wouldn't be getting one.

You already can. All the required nerves are still there.You just need to attach it which I think a Japanese managed to do recently :D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eyamsiyu

Ah, but the purpose as to why I would get one probably would not be possible.  While a tail would be cool, if it doesn't serve a purpose, I wouldn't use it.  The purpose I would use it for?  Probably an extra limb to play drums with. ;D  But the science behind playing drums efficiently would defeat the purpose (a lot of physics, we'll just say that).

Besides, imagine how much more annoying it would be to have a REAL tail being pulled by little kids.