The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 05:35:53 PM
Ah, but the purpose as to why I would get one probably would not be possible.  While a tail would be cool, if it doesn't serve a purpose, I wouldn't use it.  The purpose I would use it for?  Probably an extra limb to play drums with. ;D  But the science behind playing drums efficiently would defeat the purpose (a lot of physics, we'll just say that).

Hehe, I know what you mean, I'm a drummer myself :D

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 05:35:53 PM
Besides, imagine how much more annoying it would be to have a REAL tail being pulled by little kids.

Mmmm I wouldn't care because I would be far away in the wood with the Na'vi Tribe.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eyamsiyu

but if it would work... well, I'd be playing the beats as well, or faster, than Jojo Mayer himself.

Being in the Na'vi tribe as a drummer would be interesting, though...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 05:42:29 PM
Being in the Na'vi tribe as a drummer would be interesting, though...

Yea we'd have to play will all of those strange Na'vi instruments ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eyamsiyu

I'd probably just try to combine a bunch of the drums of different sizes and try to pull off a drum solo worthy of Tim Jackson, but that wouldn't happen.

And yes, they are strange indeed.  But the ones that are typically used for most occasions, from what I read, were just the drums.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Technowraith

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 03:37:12 PM
Especially if it's not neurologically connected to your body, right?

Exactly. ^.^ I'm thinking of finding cyan-blue body paint and maybe going all out. The contact lenses maybe the issue since i gotta hunt them down. I'd love to show up at work as a Na'vi and see what happens.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kaiatéya

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 04, 2010, 04:01:44 PMJust wait one or two years and we'll see. ;)

This sub-thread is like its own Avatar Embarrassing Moment ;D

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 05:35:53 PMWhile a tail would be cool, if it doesn't serve a purpose, I wouldn't use it.

You could use it for what the Na'vi use it for -- balance. Plus it would make a great way to emote -- see how often it's used subtly in Avatar for that purpose (e.g. Jake's tail wagging behind him as he says "this is our land!" .. ditto Neytiri getting ready to fire on Quaritch)

Technowraith

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 04, 2010, 06:33:28 PM
Quote from: Kawazoe on February 04, 2010, 04:01:44 PMJust wait one or two years and we'll see. ;)

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 04, 2010, 05:35:53 PMWhile a tail would be cool, if it doesn't serve a purpose, I wouldn't use it.

You could use it for what the Na'vi use it for -- balance. Plus it would make a great way to emote -- see how often it's used subtly in Avatar for that purpose (e.g. Jake's tail wagging behind him as he says "this is our land!" .. ditto Neytiri getting ready to fire on Quaritch)

"Tail-motion"  could be used a gauge of mood for sure. At the least, use your tail to trip annoying Skxawngs.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Txonyä'ite

And you could "accidently" whack people as you walk by.

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Technowraith on February 04, 2010, 06:38:00 PM
Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 04, 2010, 06:33:28 PM

"Tail-motion"  could be used a gauge of mood for sure. At the least, use your tail to trip annoying Skxawngs.

I posted this video in another thread some time ago, but it's relevant to your topic.

Robotic Tail For All Your Moods - The Graham Norton Show - BBC One

It's a shame it's short, furry, and brown, but you could probably personalize it a bit without affecting the working mechanisms inside.

Kayrìlien

Mako

Embarrassing moment: Calling a jock friend "tsmúkan" sub-consciously :P Also, I was drawing an Ikran, and a girl walks by and was like "Hey, that's that thing from Avatar!" So we got on a huge conversation about the movie. I also had to restrain hissing at her for calling the Ikran "that thing."

pbhead

I want a tail. there are a lot of different butt muscles down there... herm...

maybe i should go for a phd in biomedical engineering or something... hehe...

Technowraith

I think everyone needs a Mood Tail... LoL. That was disturbing but cool at the same time. I'm more amused at the presentation than anything. That wouldn't work too well for a Na'vi tail unless you extended it somehow.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tengfya swizaw

One of my friends and I had a whole long conversation on the prospect of tails, (which I'm going to try to find)
and I'm in the process of drawing up designs for a multi-jointed tail that can be controlled via a system of wires and pulleys that are controlled by arm and hand movements.
I'll post the conversation (which has a lot more details than I care to restate at the moment) when I find it.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Technowraith

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on February 04, 2010, 07:17:21 PM
One of my friends and I had a whole long conversation on the prospect of tails, (which I'm going to try to find)
and I'm in the process of drawing up designs for a multi-jointed tail that can be controlled via a system of wires and pulleys that are controlled by arm and hand movements.
I'll post the conversation (which has a lot more details than I care to restate at the moment) when I find it.

Well, that would certainly be a few steps above this foam tail thingy i made last week. ^.^

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

If we were born with tails, I think that would be amazing.

But wearing fake ones just reminds me of furries. Creepy!
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I suppose it is kind of creepy. I'd do it for a convention though.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Maybe... there'd have to be a lot of other people walking around with stranger things though for me to think about it.

That being said, wearing blue body paint for a day would be hilariously fun.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

'Itan Atxur

I'd totally go all out Na'vi at a convention. Though saying it is one thing, actually doing it is something else entirely.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Technowraith

I would not put it above myself to go full-out Na'vi at an upcoming convention. I can actually start assembling the costume now. And when it's ready, debut at a local or regional convention. The body paint will be annoying though.  ;D

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm