The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 10, 2010, 10:18:46 PM
What would the Na'vi be for "the guy that wears the tail" (or something close)? I'm too tired and lazy to translate right now.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txontaw

Quote from: Txep Siyueyä on February 10, 2010, 10:21:31 PM
I spent some time with my Na'vi notebook trying to get some quality learning time in while things were slow at work today. One of my colleagues offered me a chocolate chip cookie and I answered "kehe irayo" without even thinking (yeah, scary). I got an "excuse me?", so I changed it to, "I'm not really hungry" and just sort of wandered off.

I am trying to reach my "na'vi" weight, so no cookies for me.  15 pounds to go.

Yeah, I'm not at the point where I automatically answer in Na'vi. It's cause I haven't practiced in a while.

Bad Txontaw! You need to practice.

OT: My friends are making their own English code-language, basically just substituting out words, not a real language. So now nobody's going to be able to understand anybody in my circle of friends. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

My alarm clock on my phone is a Na'vi ring tone. I have it set to 10 AM and when I went to work at 9AM, I forgot to turn it off...

Txontaw

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 10, 2010, 11:25:39 PM
My alarm clock on my phone is a Na'vi ring tone. I have it set to 10 AM and when I went to work at 9AM, I forgot to turn it off...

Which song?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

Txontaw

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Technowraith on February 10, 2010, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 10, 2010, 08:24:54 PM
Why would it bother you that people know you're learning Na'vi?

It doesn't bother me, but i think in the context of high school age teens, the whole idea of being branded as a "nerd" is probably the reason why.

Being in high school myself, that happens to be the general consensus. It's a shame really. No-one apart from my little bro knows I speak it (except for you guys ofc :P ) But i'd rather be proficient before I told anyone, so that people would be A) slightly more impressed and less "that's nerdy" and B) so that i could properly teach people if they wanted to find out. :D

However, it doesn't bug me at all :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

'Itan Atxur

Being the big mouth I am I probably would have announced it to the entire school and would be seriously regretting it right now.

Txonyä'ite

Everyone at the law school pretty much knows i am learning Na'vi now. One of my professors actually called me out on when he walked into the room and saw the learnnavi.org logo on my computer screen. He said "why don't you learn something useful like spanish" so i replied "posiblimente hablo espanol ahora, Skxawng"

So all 70 people in the room now know that speak spanish and Na'vi 

'Itan Atxur

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 11, 2010, 01:41:53 PM
Everyone at the law school pretty much knows i am learning Na'vi now. One of my professors actually called me out on when he walked into the room and saw the learnnavi.org logo on my computer screen. He said "why don't you learn something useful like spanish" so i replied "posiblimente hablo espanol ahora, Skxawng"

PWND xD that is so awesome  ;D ;D
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

kintìomum

Smart return.
That'd be one of those I'd come up with as soon as the moment is gone...

Cursed at the father of my ex on Na'vi yesterday. To good he didn't recognize a) the language b) the words and c) my terrible grammar!
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Technowraith

**Claps loudly**

Nice one.  ;)
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Lightna

That, my good friend, is an OWN3D!  :D
Would you do it again?

Txonyä'ite

Oh I absolutely would. In my opinion, when i pay 30k a year to sit in your class, you work for me, therefore don't say rude things to me that wouldn't say to a boss or a colleague. So yeah, I would pwn him all day long if he keeps it up ;D

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 12, 2010, 11:22:34 AM
Oh I absolutely would. In my opinion, when i pay 30k a year to sit in your class, you work for me, therefore don't say rude things to me that wouldn't say to a boss or a colleague. So yeah, I would pwn him all day long if he keeps it up ;D

I think here I can safely say LAWYERED.

Still, it is YOUR 30k after all, no-one else has rights to tell you what to do, especially not if they are getting money from you.

Good on you, the comeback was something quite special :P
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Eanikran

Na'spanish :D :D

Txonyä'ite

Swizaw Nguway

When I walked in late to my class earlier today, fell over, started cursing in na'vi while everyone was watching me, then procceded by telling them they were all morons in na'vi without even thinking. I sat down and realised... oh my god what did i just do xD