The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Swizaw Nguway on February 12, 2010, 03:05:15 PM
When I walked in late to my class earlier today, fell over, started cursing in na'vi while everyone was watching me, then procceded by telling them they were all morons in na'vi without even thinking. I sat down and realised... oh my god what did i just do xD

Ahahah

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 12, 2010, 03:12:33 PM
When I walked in late to my class earlier today, fell over, started cursing in na'vi while everyone was watching me, then procceded by telling them they were all morons in na'vi without even thinking. I sat down and realised... oh my god what did i just do xD

Ahahah

It was hilarious but at the same time creepy, everyone sort of... left me alone for the rest of the class xD

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Swizaw Nguway on February 12, 2010, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 12, 2010, 03:12:33 PM

Ahahah

It was hilarious but at the same time creepy, everyone sort of... left me alone for the rest of the class xD

I would have done anything to see this happen XD
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Swizaw Nguway

To be honest im lucky I didn't get laughed at, I would of had to bust open a can of woop ass.

pbhead

amazing.  simply amazing.

I havent had anything like that... although I passed 2 people while heading to class today, one of them said avatar in the middle of a sentence (amazing how your ears pick something like that up and nothing else)... if i wasnt thinking so much about having 5 min to get to a class a good 10 min away, the idea to say "kaltxì ma tsmukan" would have popped up a few seconds earlier... but by that time they were too far away, and i did not have time to turn around.

I was so mad at myself, the rest of the time I had between that point in class... I talked to myself in na'vi as if I was trying to convince the two people to go see it.

I am also beginning to dream a bit in navi...  i forget the context, but I remember someone saying "I see you" and i was like, "kehe, oel ngati kameie." ... which then i realized... hey, thats preety cool! (and wrong!) annd then i was awake.  :(

Kxanìa 'awpo

This is a little off topic but just out of curiosity, what curses? Ive been looking for some good ones since "pxasik!" and "terkup skxawng!" are getting a little old. Its difficult since we dont have any actual swear words...
"They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land!" -Juke Sully

'Itan Atxur

You win moment of the day!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Toruk Makto

Some coworkers decided to write me a nice note on my whiteboard today. "The definition of insanity is: People that learn made up languages only used in movies".

I "edited" it to this:

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Txep Siyuyä on February 12, 2010, 10:10:39 PM
 Some coworkers decided to write me a nice note on my whiteboard today. "The definition of insanity is: People that learn made up languages only used in movies".

I "edited" it to this:

WIN. How'd the co-workers take it? :P

I'm presuming it was all in good fun though :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Toruk Makto

We all had a good laugh. They are actually good sports about stuff. As am I.    :)

EDIT: I had to translate the last line for them. That is what got the laugh...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

'Itan Atxur

I wish I worked with open minded people. I was starting to connect with my coworkers but there is an undeniable rift now that they know I speak Na'vi.

Kaiatéya

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 12, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
I wish I worked with open minded people. I was starting to connect with my coworkers but there is an undeniable rift now that they know I speak Na'vi.

My co-workers more or less treat me now like I have a strange, little bit scary, and possibly contagious disease. ;D

My embarrassing moment of the day contribution ... I was at a Charbucks the other day where I go often enough that they actually recognize me (hey, this one actually makes good coffee, strangely enough). The barista girl was complaining about weird people who come in off the street and bother them, which no doubt happens at lot in the downtown of any big city. I said, I'm sorry for giving you another entry in the weird person story log, and she assured me that I was totally normal. I said, "what would you say if I said: kaltxì ma tsmuke?" <i'm grinning> She gave me a funny look that no doubt is usually reserved for the above mentioned weird people and said: "What's that?" I said: "It's Na'vi!" <wait for ohhhhh!> <sweatdrop> Her: "What's that?" Me: "Have you seen Avatar?" Her: "No, I haven't gotten to it yet..."

That was actually a pretty embarrassing experience 'cause I expect most people to have at least seen Avatar or heard of the Na'vi. She said in the end (in a joking way) that I'm still alright because at least I do a good job of acting normal most of the time ;D

Ahh geez... :P

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 12, 2010, 11:43:33 PM
"What's that?" I said: "It's Na'vi!" <wait for ohhhhh!> <sweatdrop> Her: "What's that?" Me: "Have you seen Avatar?" Her: "No, I haven't gotten to it yet..."

Ahh geez... :P

I'm presuming after that, time was filled with the horrible presence of The Awkward Silence.

Heheh, for me, I think the most embarrassing time was when my mother caught me whilst I was writing my next worksheet/thing. I hadn't told her before, and It was pretty awkward. Especially when she brought up the point that I have an exam in Spanish in three months, but am dedicating more time to this :P
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Kaiatéya

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on February 12, 2010, 11:55:40 PM
I'm presuming after that, time was filled with the horrible presence of The Awkward Silence.

Something like that, yes. ;)

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 12, 2010, 07:54:48 PM

This is a little off topic but just out of curiosity, what curses? Ive been looking for some good ones since "pxasik!" and "terkup skxawng!" are getting a little old. Its difficult since we dont have any actual swear words...
I basically said, screw this, stupid thing.

MaTe

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 12, 2010, 11:43:33 PM
"No, I haven't gotten to it yet..."

I usually reply something along the lines "you should see it in theater in 3d at least, cause it's the best thing since they added sound to movies".
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Technowraith

Funny thing is, if i was in your class, i would curse right back at you in Na'vi.  ;D
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kaiatéya

Quote from: MaTe on February 13, 2010, 04:43:15 AMI usually reply something along the lines "you should see it in theater in 3d at least, cause it's the best thing since they added sound to movies".

I think I said something almost exactly like that, actually. ;D I like to try to impress on people that they really ought to go see Avatar and they really ought to go see it in 3D.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Technowraith on February 13, 2010, 10:02:20 AM

Funny thing is, if i was in your class, i would curse right back at you in Na'vi.  ;D

That would have been a site to see.

pbhead

Lolz, yes, I would have definatly shouted back "Fnu! ayoe fmeri nume!"