The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Tutean-tìhawnu on February 19, 2010, 04:23:02 PM
Haha! Nice to know I'm not the only one "stuck" translating for others :P
yeah, I get that a lot too XD it's fun but annoying at the same time.

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Technowraith on February 17, 2010, 03:31:32 PM
Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on February 17, 2010, 11:50:27 AM
check it out lol, sitting in the campus library...

see it?

I wore my tsaheylu-braid around campus all day Tuesday, got some wierd looks but most of my friends thought it was cute which I appreciated.
That's win! cookie for you!

Speaking of wincookies and wearing things, when are we going to see the kxetse ma Technowraith? Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm needs to SHOW RIGHT NOW :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

'Itan Atxur

I know! He's even got the thing in his sig but no pics!! lol ;D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Technowraith

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on February 20, 2010, 02:46:12 AM

Speaking of wincookies and wearing things, when are we going to see the kxetse ma Technowraith? Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm needs to SHOW RIGHT NOW :D

Ma kxetse is at work. And i'm still making the new tail. (I've been negelecting the tail project lately due to seeing avatar way too many times... LoL). And since my boss still wants to use the other tail at work, i gotta leave it there for the time being.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Technowraith on February 20, 2010, 08:43:39 AM
Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on February 20, 2010, 02:46:12 AM

Ma kxetse is at work. And i'm still making the new tail. (I've been negelecting the tail project lately due to seeing avatar way too many times... LoL). And since my boss still wants to use the other tail at work, i gotta leave it there for the time being.

But seriously, how hard could be to borrow a camera from someone?

The thing I like about this forum is that no one have called it a fake yet, but on most other forums it would have been called fake by even mentioning something like that without a picture ^^

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

FAKE!!!!

Here, done ;D

Seriously, the reason why no body said it is because we all are crazy enough to do it. If someone does it, we only see awesomness behind it :D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Kaiatéya

I would figure someone would call fake on his 50+ Avatar viewings first, but then again, that's something we'd probably all do too ;)

My embarrassing moment for the week: I work a flexible job where I can kinda take off whenever for a while as long as I get my work done. The other day I was heading out to an Avatar matinee and just told my co-workers "see you later" because they make fun of me for my Avatar obsession enough already .. and one of them yelled out as I was heading out the door "have fun at Avatar!" :o

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

i would have 2 say the most embarrassing moment is watching Avatar with family and trying 2 hide your choked up watery face b/c of how much u connect, love and feel for the movie... now is all fine and dandy if u were a girl (no offense) but when your a 24yr old guy it dont look 2 good... but thats just me haha

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 28, 2010, 06:14:28 PM
I would figure someone would call fake on his 50+ Avatar viewings first, but then again, that's something we'd probably all do too ;)

My embarrassing moment for the week: I work a flexible job where I can kinda take off whenever for a while as long as I get my work done. The other day I was heading out to an Avatar matinee and just told my co-workers "see you later" because they make fun of me for my Avatar obsession enough already .. and one of them yelled out as I was heading out the door "have fun at Avatar!" :o

I wouldn't believe him if I hadn't been a member here as long as I have and been kind of "following" his progress.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Kayrìlien

Quote from: muiäa tuteyä 'itan on February 28, 2010, 06:26:09 PM
i would have 2 say the most embarrassing moment is watching Avatar with family and trying 2 hide your choked up watery face b/c of how much u connect, love and feel for the movie... now is all fine and dandy if u were a girl (no offense) but when your a 24yr old guy it dont look 2 good... but thats just me haha

Hehe - the same thing happened to me when I took my friend from high school to see it a couple weeks back. He's sitting there, obviously impressed by the special effects and entertained to the extent of, say, your good-to-very-good action movie, and I'm sitting there next to him watching Kelutrel being toppled thinking "Must not cry...must not cry...oh my God it's their home, how can Quaritch be so cruel...must not cry...RUN EYTUKAN, LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TO SAFETY!!!...must not cry...must...not...cry..."

Yeah, uh...emotions seem to triumph over willpower whenever I see this movie. (Which is, unfortunately, only twice; I'd better get my txìm in gear and go see it one more time before it leaves theaters. I don't think I could stand waiting until April!)

Kayrìlien

'Itan Atxur

I've been lucky. The people I've gone with have gotten as chocked up as I have!!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Eyamsiyu

Ok, so most recently when I saw Avatar... when Jake was giving his speech to the Na'vi people after Grace died, once he started the "call to action," I got shivers down my spine, and I got a little riled, as if I were one of the people, ready to kick some RDA txìm.  But I didn't let it show... I guess that's what five years of marching band and two DCI auditions does to you.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 28, 2010, 10:48:41 PM
Ok, so most recently when I saw Avatar... when Jake was giving his speech to the Na'vi people after Grace died, once he started the "call to action," I got shivers down my spine, and I got a little riled, as if I were one of the people, ready to kick some RDA txìm.  But I didn't let it show... I guess that's what five years of marching band and two DCI auditions does to you.

Yeah, I definitely feel the energy during that scene. It may use "tried and true" techniques (louder music and such) but that doesn't make it work if the scene is no good! That's my favorite movie speech now (#2 was the awesome one in independence day).

If I ever get an empty theater I WILL cheer when that scene happens!!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Kaiatéya

A lot of girls like sensitive guys. Don't lose that ;)

I get watery several times a showing, on average. I think at this point I actually try to gauge the people who might go with me and I don't even go with them if I feel like they're not going to "get" it. It ruins the experience for me too. Conversely it's an even more awesome experience when the person you're with is not afraid to be emotional and "gets" it the same way you do.

I went to an IMAX showing yesterday and there was actually someone who was clapping a little at the appropriate moments .. Quaritch getting his txìm kicked and so forth. :) It was cute.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Kaiatéya on February 28, 2010, 11:09:45 PM

A lot of girls like sensitive guys. Don't lose that ;)

I get watery several times a showing, on average. I think at this point I actually try to gauge the people who might go with me and I don't even go with them if I feel like they're not going to "get" it. It ruins the experience for me too. Conversely it's an even more awesome experience when the person you're with is not afraid to be emotional and "gets" it the same way you do.

I went to an IMAX showing yesterday and there was actually someone who was clapping a little at the appropriate moments .. Quaritch getting his txìm kicked and so forth. :) It was cute.

Lets see... the scenes I still get watery or feel some type of strong emotion for (even after 14 times) are when Jake wiggles his toes, the Atokirina scene, then when Jake first flies his Ikran, then "But this woman must also choose me", then the destroyed trees scene, then the kelutral falling scene, then the toruk makto scene, then, "I need to take some samples", then "Eywa has heard you!", then the eyes opening scene.

All of those have a strong emotional pull on me that I generally show in one way or another.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Kayrìlien

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 11:23:53 PM..."Eywa has heard you!"...

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

I almost forgot about that one! The sheer upwelling of emotion when you realize that the Na'vi might be victorious after all...wow, yeah, that's an amazing feeling right there.

Kayrìlien

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

lol well at least its good 2 know im not the only one getting all watery lol.... man just READING and then remembering the scene i always start 2 get a little watery... i was getting watery just watching it on bootleg (which was a crappy copy) it was not about the music lol.... yea i just bonded with this movie sooo well

'Itan Atxur

If you bonded with this movie, then why would you watch a bootlegged copy? Wouldn't you want to support the movie as much as possible?

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

bagget00

I would use the excuse of having no money to support the movie with but I haven't downloaded it, so...
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tseyk Tìriuä

I yell random things in Na'vi at appropriate parts.  Like "Kempe si nga, ma Quaritch!? Kelutral kelku Na'viyä längu!" and of course at the end 'ivong Na'vi!

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä'evangäti ngamop.