The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technowraith

I wear my tail once or twice a week. Sometimes I get called over to work at the store across the mall with my old boss. And he always tells me to wear the tail. LoL.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Technowraith on March 10, 2011, 12:44:33 AM
I wear my tail once or twice a week. Sometimes I get called over to work at the store across the mall with my old boss. And he always tells me to wear the tail. LoL.

HRRH Wìn ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Human No More

That is awesome.

I have my Na'vi skin on my arm, but I don't have a good tail yet... :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Stranger Come Knocking

Heh, yeah, mine is pretty bad.

>.>

<.<

I'm actually afraid to watch the movie.

>.<

Everything is so beautiful and perfect that I am afraid that by watching it again it might spoil the perfectness that seems to exist only inside my mind.  I am terrified of seeing it again.  :-[
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Sorry for necroposting.

My most embarrasing avatar moment was actually because of my friends non-nerdiness. He actually said that there was only one Palulukan on Pandora! I just said nga skawng lu and he was like  ??? ??? ???
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Human No More

wow, that is a complete failure. How does a single individual of a species survive? The species would go extinct as soon as they died.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Human No More on July 14, 2011, 02:46:52 AM
wow, that is a complete failure. How does a single individual of a species survive? The species would go extinct as soon as they died.

Yeah, that's also what I'm thinking. :P Well, perhaps the friend got that impression simply because we only saw one palulukan in the movie! Assuming that the one that attacked Jake at the beginning was the one that came to help Neytiri in the final battle. ???

I'm wondering now. :-\ Is it actually the same palulukan, or not? :D

Irtaviš Ačankif

My friend actually thinks that palulukanya and viperwolves (how do you say "viperwolf" nìNavi?) are the same thing, except one single viperwolf somehome mutated to become really big. I don't know where he got that idea...

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on July 14, 2011, 09:12:52 AM
My friend actually thinks that palulukanya and viperwolves (how do you say "viperwolf" nìNavi?) are the same thing, except one single viperwolf somehome mutated to become really big. I don't know where he got that idea...

With palulukanya, did you intend to say the plural of palulukan? If so, it would be ayfalulukan. :) And the Na'vi word for viperwolf is nantang, plural aynantang. :D hrh Your friend's idea is quite funny, I must say. :P

Irtaviš Ačankif

I thought that an -ya suffix and an ay- prefix were interchangeable?

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on July 14, 2011, 06:58:25 PM
I thought that an -ya suffix and an ay- prefix were interchangeable?

Nope ;) While ay+ is the plural prefix, -ya is similar in meaning to ma....

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Technowraith

Derailing again.... Rogue 1 Rogue 1! Send immediate assistance!

Still can't believe I wore that tail to work way back when... LoL  ;D ;D
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

'Itan Atxur

For a long time I actually thought there was only one Toruk. This never actually came up in any conversation I had but once I realized how ridiculous that was, I still felt pretty embarrassed.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Irtaviš Ačankif

My friend even tried to convince me that their is only one palulukan. "Look," he says, "there is only one palulukan which appears in Avatar. Pandora doesn't exist outside of Avatar. Therefore, there is only one palulukan on Pandora."

Then I told him that the palulukan which almost killed Jake was NOT the palulukan Neytiri rode. This is because the two places are too far apart. You guess what he said...

oh my Eywa...

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Technowraith on July 14, 2011, 10:33:22 PM
Derailing again.... Rogue 1 Rogue 1! Send immediate assistance!

Still can't believe I wore that tail to work way back when... LoL  ;D ;D

AHAHAHAH! I remember that. Good times.

Human No More

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 14, 2011, 06:50:44 AM
Quote from: Human No More on July 14, 2011, 02:46:52 AM

Yeah, that's also what I'm thinking. :P Well, perhaps the friend got that impression simply because we only saw one palulukan in the movie! Assuming that the one that attacked Jake at the beginning was the one that came to help Neytiri in the final battle. ???

I'm wondering now. :-\ Is it actually the same palulukan, or not? :D
It's theoretically possible (a large predator like that would have a wide range), but the distance may well still rule it out, and while there is no real reason why not, there is certainly no reason why it might be either.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Äteya

I have never been embarrassed, but I did embarrass my mom.
We were going out to eat and I was wishing I had a tail to wear, then I saw one of those play silks lying around and it was the right color.
It was a square so I tied knots in it so it looked like a rope with knots in it and I tied it to my belt loop.
My mom didn't notice I still had it on until we were eating.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

Syulang

Quote from: Äteya on July 31, 2011, 04:50:16 PM
I have never been embarrassed, but I did embarrass my mom.
We were going out to eat and I was wishing I had a tail to wear, then I saw one of those play silks lying around and it was the right color.
It was a square so I tied knots in it so it looked like a rope with knots in it and I tied it to my belt loop.
My mom didn't notice I still had it on until we were eating.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

HRH  ;D win. sorry if this is a necropost...  ::)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Eyamsiyu

Here's one that came up VERY recently: I just got shown up by a three year old in speaking Na'vi... :/

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on August 02, 2011, 06:54:51 AM
Here's one that came up VERY recently: I just got shown up by a three year old in speaking Na'vi... :/

OMG.... 0_0 Can you explain that? hrh :o