The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Hahaha, somehow I doubt that. I doubt that entirely.

Atanä mungeyu

well she knows i'm learning na'vi but that was before she did...
i was like omg crap...
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Everytime someone walks into my room, I click this away and pretend I was playing an online game. Just so nobody would find out. My relatives are evil kneevil tiny persons who will make you hate yourself if you do anything else than just 'normal'.
I guess I have to tell 'em someday.   :P

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I have a navi notebook that always seems to be out. I frantically put it away and tell my parents it's nothing. I do wish they were born yesterday.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

My mom keeps asking what I'm spending so much time online doing...

I always have a page open to Facebook just in case ;)
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Toruk Makto

Be proud to be learning Na'vi.  If they don't get it, they don't need it.    8)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Or tell them to go away in Na'vi. That would throw them off.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Pff, some of my friends know, its just for throwing my mom off so I won't have to hear 'shouldn't you be studying Chinese right now? For the next six months every time I log on for a second.

Commuting to school from home saves lots of money, but some days it doesn't seem worth it!
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Mako

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

kaltì! My most embarrassing moment so far is when oe went around to all my friends showing them my 60 page or so dictionary/grammar/phonetics notebook that oe wrote by hand. They all looked at me really hiyìk.

(edit: sorry about the included Na'vi words, I swear it was accident, but it makes me really happy to make those accidents because it really shows I'm starting to understand sìltsan.)

(edit again: by the way hiyìk means funny ulte sìltsan means good or well.)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 07, 2010, 05:05:39 PM
Everytime someone walks into my room, I click this away and pretend I was playing an online game. Just so nobody would find out. My relatives are evil kneevil tiny persons who will make you hate yourself if you do anything else than just 'normal'.
I guess I have to tell 'em someday.   :P

I just leave iTunes running while on as well as Facebook (in a different web browser/window), and if someone comes in, I layer the windows: bottom is learnnavi.org, middle is Facebok, top is iTunes.  Then I proceed to look as if I was about to drum on my practice pad to the music playing.  Gives me a good 3 seconds to get it together.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Txon Tsyal

Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

"you should have seen my face".

LOL that on made me laugh so hard...
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Txon Tsyal on January 08, 2010, 07:00:20 AM
Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

niice LMAO
that's so awesome XD
sadly there's no one close here that also learns na'vi
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 04, 2010, 10:10:34 PM
Embarrassment? Bah. Avatard to the core. Even when the guy at the theater ticket window recognized me, no shame.

HAHA That is pure awesomeness!

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: unil-tìran-tokx on January 08, 2010, 08:55:12 AM
Quote from: Txon Tsyal on January 08, 2010, 07:00:20 AM

niice LMAO
that's so awesome XD
sadly there's no one close here that also learns na'vi

you should ask around, many people are just private about it.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Yeah. Just ask around. Invite them to the find a na'vi friend topic.
I do it everyday randomly at one or two newcomers. As other newcomers will read some of them too.

The most embarrasing Avatar related moment for me was while watching the movie for the sixth time, I had to go to the men's room, I asked the person next to me to move. Mostly in Na'vi.  :-\ Why? Don't know. I was thinking about because I had to go for a while. Then at the end I just said.

The rows in front and back of me started staring and pointing.  :o

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Mako

Atanä mungeyu

lol i was on the computer(on the forum) and my sister's friend walks past me and ask:are you learning na'vi,and i awnsered ;
yeah i don't care what you think of it(because almost every one in holland would think its lame) but she was like wanting to say that it's cool,and i felt real stupid...
eywa ayngahu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

OmegaQ1

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
Hissing "fnu!" to the talkative (but attractive) young lady sitting in front of us in the theater. Then having to explain what it meant after the movie and why I said it in Na'vi without thinking.  :-[
im just learning navi and i was wondering what fnu means
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.