The Most Embarrassing Avatar Related Moment

Started by Mako, January 04, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

I just wanted to know, what's your most embarrassing Avatar related moment?

For example: I now hiss at the part where Quatrich says "How does it feel to betray your own race?"

Have at it!

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Embarrassment? Bah. Avatard to the core. Even when the guy at the theater ticket window recognized me, no shame.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Txur’Itan

Talking to someone who just saw it for the first time, and talking to him so much about it that he became uncomfortable and thought I was following him.  They liked it, but I think my enthusiasm was concerning for him.
私は太った男だ。

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Oh and almost having a wreck on the drive home. No 3D in 5 years+avatar+driving=almost fail.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Greeting one of my friends by saying 'Kaltxi'

They still don't have a clue how nerdy I am  ;D
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Mako

Kaltxì ;) Believe me, I'm going to have a problem with this one at school tomorrow :)

Étienne

When I told my friend that I loved the movie and seen it multiple times and another friend proceeds to say "He just like blue chicks"

MaTe

Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

"you should have seen my face".
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Mako

Oh my Ewya xD I can believe it! That one's a keeper lololol! PM me a full story :D

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Today: When last minute of Gathering All NaVi Clans For Battle plays loudly in my car, and the passenger window is not completely sealed (unintentionally). The driver of another car knocks and says Kaltxi.

That's the greatest story! Its like... Avatar MLIA.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Étienne

Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 10:39:54 PM

This is best.

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: bagget00 on January 04, 2010, 10:50:46 PM
MLIA?

My Life Is Average - http://mylifeisaverage.com/
Really addicting website... sort of like FML but the stories and the people writing them are way cooler.

bagget00

I sitll think you have the best signature MaTe

Oh, never been to that site before.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Toruk Makto

Hissing "fnu!" to the talkative (but attractive) young lady sitting in front of us in the theater. Then having to explain what it meant after the movie and why I said it in Na'vi without thinking.  :-[

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Étienne

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
Hissing "fnu!" to the talkative (but attractive) young lady sitting in front of us in the theater. Then having to explain what it meant after the movie and why I said it in Na'vi without thinking.  :-[

And this is why I just tell people it's french.

Toruk Makto

With all respect to the French, I'd rather be accused of speaking Na'vi!

*runs away*

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Étienne

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 11:56:43 PM
With all respect to the French, I'd rather be accused of speaking Na'vi!

*runs away*

>:(

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I tell them it's an old form of Slavic and Bavarian used in southern Germany. Worked so far.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Étienne

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 05, 2010, 12:00:20 AM
I tell them it's an old form of Slavic and Bavarian used in southern Germany. Worked so far.

Well I'm pretty sure most people you tell it's Na'vi would probably go "HEY LISTEN!"