The technolagy behind Avatar

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, January 12, 2010, 11:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Awve Tìkameie

Kaltxì!
For the people who don't know, this is why the movie took four years to create:
Training: Jake Sully and Neytiri went through rigorous physical and "speech" training
Special Effects: They needed to make an entire world, from scratch, that enlightened the mind
Character Actions: Acting infront of a blue screen, not very easy

Update 1/13/10:
     Obviously, they also revolutionized 3D. Unlike other 3D movies, this had depth, colors, and so much more that is much harder to create.
     Obviously, too, the Na'vi language
     The script was created 15 years ago, so writing it had no affect.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Toruk Taronyu

As a filmmaker myself, the technology Cameron used is one of the main reasons I saw Avatar!  It's pretty amazing what he did, designing a totally new way of filming live action 3d (i guess he reinvented the 3d camera?) and waay more realistic motion capture!
Oel tsayeie'a nìmun ngati!

Txontaw

No kidding. If you take of those hi-def backgrounds, you can't tell it from a real photograph.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Exclusive Interview With James Cameron

Here's a really good interview where Cameron discusses the technology used/invented. The real-time CGI camera is particularly impressive.