The Vatican hates movies

Started by Hawnuyu atìtse'a, January 13, 2010, 09:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kametu

I can totally see the pope sitting in a movie theater with his pope hat and 3D glasses XD

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Kametu on January 14, 2010, 08:07:13 PM
I can totally see the pope sitting in a movie theater with his pope hat and 3D glasses XD

Don't forget the cardinals and whoever else has funny hats.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eanikran

Lmao, that's gotta be the funniest thin I've read today.
Eywa ngahu Mr. Pope  ;D

Kametu

Me and my friends were having a good laugh over it today  ;D

Unilmokri

The Vatican-radio announcements are such a pathetic and halfhearted attempt at directing a bit of media spotlight their way.
Dear God, a movie who's only tie-in to the Vatican and their religion is that it's bound to be the largest grossing movie of all time; so they want a piece of the attention-cake while they can.
They're afraid people "will turn to worshipping nature?"
Please.. People did once worship nature, a long before Christianity. They respected and loved nature, until warmongering Christians spilled into their lands and slaughtered them for gold 'n territory.

Good going Christianity/Catholicism, you just made a fool of yourself again ;)

Concerning the conservative americans afraid of anti-militaristic messages? Dear God.. "Yeah, we think it'd be a shame if we were to be known as a country who didn't denounce genocide for material wealth. What might people think of us? That we'd gone soft? Hah! Slaughter those who happen to live on what we want!" [/sarcasm]

Quote from: A. EinsteinTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Einstein had it right, though that should hardly come as a shock to anyone :-\
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

ZombiezuRFER

The vatican is literally pitiful in its Attempt to ruin a great film for some dumb butt having an opposing view on Avatar. I say that if the pope wanted to get attention he should learn Na'vi because it would generate a huge buzz for both movie and Vatican without sacrificing positive views
Help my dragons grow! Click them!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!
http://horatsiz.wikia.c

sezeatan

Quote from: Unilmokri on January 14, 2010, 08:17:34 PM
The Vatican-radio announcements are such a pathetic and halfhearted attempt at directing a bit of media spotlight their way.
Dear God, a movie who's only tie-in to the Vatican and their religion is that it's bound to be the largest grossing movie of all time; so they want a piece of the attention-cake while they can.
They're afraid people "will turn to worshipping nature?"
Please.. People did once worship nature, a long before Christianity. They respected and loved nature, until warmongering Christians spilled into their lands and slaughtered them for gold 'n territory.

Good going Christianity/Catholicism, you just made a fool of yourself again ;)

Concerning the conservative americans afraid of anti-militaristic messages? Dear God.. "Yeah, we think it'd be a shame if we were to be known as a country who didn't denounce genocide for material wealth. What might people think of us? That we'd gone soft? Hah! Slaughter those who happen to live on what we want!" [/sarcasm]

Quote from: A. EinsteinTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Einstein had it right, though that should hardly come as a shock to anyone :-\

hahaa Unilmokri,

Einstein was a genius ahead his time and was definitely a Na'vi even before James Cameron was born.  ;D   He had this connection with Eywa, or whatever he would call her, and his legacy is there to prove it.  ;)
Sezeatan

Unilmokri

Quote from: sezeatan on January 15, 2010, 04:33:26 AM
Einstein was a genius ahead his time and was definitely a Na'vi even before James Cameron was born.  ;D   He had this connection with Eywa, or whatever he would call her, and his legacy is there to prove it.  ;)

Haha :D Well, though I did laugh at the idea of Einstein sitting in his study cheering in na'vi after completing his theory of relativity, I honestly think his quote on human stupidity is a perfect fit on the human race at present - movie and otherwise.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

Reav

Simplistic response from a simplistic organisation.

No offence to any religious people out there, your beliefs are your own and that's what makes you you- but this ignorance quite single handily shows the place of all main stream religions in our time.

Mother nature in my opinion should deserve much more praise than religions that have caused so much war and suffering in the past and probably more so in the future.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Reav on January 15, 2010, 12:54:17 PM
Simplistic response from a simplistic organisation.

No offence to any religious people out there, your beliefs are your own and that's what makes you you- but this ignorance quite single handily shows the place of all main stream religions in our time.

Mother nature in my opinion should deserve much more praise than religions that have caused so much war and suffering in the past and probably more so in the future.

I agree completely, except I wouldn't say so much praising nature as appreciating it.

Lurk

This is even more one-sided than the RDA vs Na'vi poll.
Munge futa nga tsun, Tìng ke'uti ne'ìm.
Software Dev - x86 Assembly / native C - 10 years.
Efficiency is everything to do with Performance~

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

It'll probably end up staying that way unless the pope joins the forums lol.

D,K

Pope hate's almost all good movies..

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Daniel Kimble on January 15, 2010, 01:55:50 PM
Pope hate's almost all good movies..

I wonder what he will say about The Book of Eli ?

ZombiezuRFER

Let's lock the topic because the Vatican wants attention and were giving it to them
Help my dragons grow! Click them!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!
http://horatsiz.wikia.c

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。