Those Dang purple chaps and Syaksyup Burritos

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, December 13, 2011, 12:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I was intrigued by the purple "skin" and started watching carefully.  In dome scenes you can see the that are laced into place (unconvincingly by my eye) and in one scene where they are crouching, you can clearly see the extra layer of leather (INHP) chaps along her thigh.

It is suggesteed by Pandorapedia that syaksyups (prolemurs) are predecesors of the Na'vi. 
I prefer to belive that Eywa/Yaveh is perfectly capable of creating creatures that don't necessarily evolve from one another! (Yes! I digress!)
Unfortunately, the innards of syaksyuk are considered a delicacy among the na'vi and are served up in a wrap, like a tripe burrito (a favorite among my people, the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico!)
Poor syaksyuk!  I was trying to find an approximation for my teddybear persona.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ateyo le Syaksyuk on December 13, 2011, 12:30:54 AM
Unfortunately, the innards of syaksyuk are considered a delicacy among the na'vi and are served up in a wrap, like a tripe burrito (a favorite among my people, the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico!)
Poor syaksyuk!  I was trying to find an approximation for my teddybear persona.

I'm not sure where you got that information.  I don't recall that the Na'vi eat syaksyuk.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Human No More

That's not indicated anywhere that they do (and they would seem to make poor prey, especially compared to hexapedes). As for Eywa, there isn't a human transliteration of the name, and there's no control over evolutionary process. Species are never 'created'.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I read in Pandorapedia about the Syaksyuk's entrails being used for food wraps.
I understand that the site is developed and sanctioned by J.C. That is where I got that piece of information.
I am willing to let go of the creationism vs evolution argument.  I don'y see the value of it here.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on December 28, 2011, 02:16:39 PM
I read in Pandorapedia about the Syaksyuk's entrails being used for food wraps.

I checked Pandorapedia, and I could not find what you're talking about.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!