Too many skxawng at Avatar...

Started by Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn, January 09, 2010, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eywayä Kato

Last night I went to see Avatar for a second time.  A loud-mouthed couple managed to sit RIGHT behind me.  They were talking and giggling at their conversation.  I managed to ignore them pretty well, though I was a tad irked by them - they were freakin' 40.  Shouldn't they know better?  Anyway, when hometree fell I was a lot more weepy this time seeing it because I knew it was coming.  Last time I was way too shocked and horrified to really cry.  This time I'm doing my best to muffle myself because I'm crying like an absolute baby, and suddenly these people laugh hysterically at Mo'at's crying wail.  Tsu'Tey would have been proud of the scowl on my face.

PS, Unilmokri is officially a saint for his actions.

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: Unilmokri on January 21, 2010, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 21, 2010, 10:24:11 AM
Oh my! Couldn't you get arrested for assault?  :-\
I could, yes :)
I have an entire cinema as witness to him threatening to assault my mother though, so it's not something I'm worried about  ;)

Yeah, but the government can be very skewed sometimes. :P
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Zefanaya

Quote from: Unilmokri on January 21, 2010, 04:29:08 AM
Quote from: Technowraith on January 19, 2010, 10:12:17 PM
The best skxawngs i saw at avatar:

I was at an Imax showing when this happened. 4 people in the row in front of me were saving 2 seats for members of their party who stepped out to buy some concessions. This one lady and her husband approach and go to take the two open seats, but are told they are taken. The husband tells his wife to move somewhere else. She says no and proceeds to sit down saying that the two people should have been there. Husband shrugs and goes to find another seat. Wife is arguing with all the people around her. Management is called. She gets hauled out of the theater. She calls out to her husband, "Greg, let's go!" He says "Forget it! I paid $14 to see this movie. I'm not leaving!" I guess wife spent the whole movie sitting outside waiting for her husband.

I laughed the whole time.

you are the best I so would have done the same thing except I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in my case a 5 inch hunting knife probably would not have used but I would have pulled it on em after punching someone I hate people like that I and I love the both scenes you were talking about

Wholesome awesomeness of this degree has rarely been seen  ;D You lucky git for being there!

Went to see it with my mum this monday, had my own experience of skxawng'inism just after Grace died. You could visible tell that about half the cinema was pretty gripped by the movie and feeling slightly sad...

Then these three kids get up from their seats and start making noise as they walk down the stairs towards the exit.
I got slightly annoyed, but tried to ignore it, trying to focus on the movie.
Then one of these little a**holes decides to play the "I'll-look-cool-in-front-of-my-friends" trick, and shouts "It's a good movie huh!?!" and proceeds to laugh. Little prick just ruined the moment for the ENTIRE cinema!

Some guy at the back shouted for them to "Close their asses!" (danish version of "Shut up!") where the kid, no older than 13 or 14, turns round and starts shouting a reply! My mum then looses it too and shouts "Piss off you little s***! We're watching a movie!"

Now, I've been trying to follow the movie, and Jake's giving his awe-inspiring speech to the Omaticaya, which I always get way too riled up while seeing - so really, my blood is pumping and I'm almost shaking with excitement from the movie and in annoyance at this little s***.
The little kid then turns to my mum and says "Watch your mouth or I'll come smack you one!"
... and I just lost it.

Sprang out of my seat, jumped over my mums legs as well as the two people nearest the aisle, and punched him square in the face. Bruised two of my knuckles, but I still managed to push him down the aisle-stairs.
His two friends were as stunned as he was, and I suspect half the cinema was too, and they just helped their friend out - without saying a word.

I sat down and got a little cheer from the people immediately around me, and I think I shook for the next 30mins with the adrenaline.
An incredibly annoying incident, completely ruined the evening for me  :-\ Also missed the part with Jake and Neytiri taking off on the Toruk, a fantastic scene :(

I would have done the same but I have a permit to carry a concelaed weapon I still probably would have used my fist makes it more personal
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Technowraith

During my last showing this weekend, the movie was actually shut down due to a fight that occurred two rows in front of my friends and i. Someone was constantly using their cell phone to accept and send what i think were texts. The people in back of them politely asked him to turn off his phone. He turned and said no. So a verbal argument broke out. Then the guy who was asked to turn off his phone stood up and deliberately blocked the view of the people behind him. I'm not sure how the physical altercation started exactly, but the next thing i know is there's a fist fight going on. A few minutes later the lights come on and the movie is stopped. Security hauls out those who were involved in the fight. Then we were all asked to leave the theater. Standing around outside, we were all wandering what was going to happen. After all, we did pay $14 to see this movie, and the theater shut it down. A couple of managers went around talking to us all, and from i gather, the theater is giving us replacement tickets to see a future showing of Avatar.

People are such skxawngs.   >:(
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Txa'siyu

Quote from: Technowraith on January 25, 2010, 10:14:16 AM
During my last showing this weekend, the movie was actually shut down due to a fight that occurred two rows in front of my friends and i. Someone was constantly using their cell phone to accept and send what i think were texts. The people in back of them politely asked him to turn off his phone. He turned and said no. So a verbal argument broke out. Then the guy who was asked to turn off his phone stood up and deliberately blocked the view of the people behind him. I'm not sure how the physical altercation started exactly, but the next thing i know is there's a fist fight going on. A few minutes later the lights come on and the movie is stopped. Security hauls out those who were involved in the fight. Then we were all asked to leave the theater. Standing around outside, we were all wandering what was going to happen. After all, we did pay $14 to see this movie, and the theater shut it down. A couple of managers went around talking to us all, and from i gather, the theater is giving us replacement tickets to see a future showing of Avatar.

I remember reading the newspaper for a loooong time ago. There it was this article about a guy who shot down a random guy at the theaters because he was using his cellphone during the movie. Some people can get f@%#%#¤ an annoyed by people who make noises and stuff at the theaters. I think I am one of them, but shoot a guy, thats crazy :o

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txa'siyu on January 25, 2010, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: Technowraith on January 25, 2010, 10:14:16 AM

I remember reading the newspaper for a loooong time ago. There it was this article about a guy who shot down a random guy at the theaters because he was using his cellphone during the movie. Some people can get f@%#%#¤ an annoyed by people who make noises and stuff at the theaters. I think I am one of them, but shoot a guy, thats crazy :o

hehe must have been a really good movie, imagine if the guy was watching Avatar, everyone in the theater would be dead.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Unilmokri

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 21, 2010, 03:55:50 PM

Yeah, but the government can be very skewed sometimes. :P
Ahh yes, but I live in Denmark ;)
Government here is, albeit stupid, at least fair. Police are great too, would've probably been more like
"So wait.. He threatened to hit your mother after disturbing the entire cinema? Damn son, hold on right here a second, I'm gonna go pistol-whip the b**tard for good measure!"
(Or well, is at least what I'D have done if I was a cop!)
  ::)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 25, 2010, 03:20:14 PM
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4355

Wicked  ;D

Haha that's not too bad! Although it's illegal in the US, so I'd watch out if you live there :S

In Hong Kong, the cinemas have something like this built into the screening room ceilings, on a much larger scale. You can't call or text anyone when you walk into a theatre here. It's nice, but people still talk =.=
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Tutean-tìhawnu

In theory the theaters (at least the local one) here have farraday cages (basically big metal mesh round it that stops phone signals), only they seem to work the other way round  :-\ actually get better reception in there than outside
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

MOUNTAINBANSHEE

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 21, 2010, 06:27:29 PM
Quote from: Unilmokri on January 21, 2010, 04:29:08 AM
Quote from: Technowraith on January 19, 2010, 10:12:17 PM
The best skxawngs i saw at avatar:

I was at an Imax showing when this happened. 4 people in the row in front of me were saving 2 seats for members of their party who stepped out to buy some concessions. This one lady and her husband approach and go to take the two open seats, but are told they are taken. The husband tells his wife to move somewhere else. She says no and proceeds to sit down saying that the two people should have been there. Husband shrugs and goes to find another seat. Wife is arguing with all the people around her. Management is called. She gets hauled out of the theater. She calls out to her husband, "Greg, let's go!" He says "Forget it! I paid $14 to see this movie. I'm not leaving!" I guess wife spent the whole movie sitting outside waiting for her husband.

I laughed the whole time.

you are the best I so would have done the same thing except I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in my case a 5 inch hunting knife probably would not have used but I would have pulled it on em after punching someone I hate people like that I and I love the both scenes you were talking about

Wholesome awesomeness of this degree has rarely been seen  ;D You lucky git for being there!

Went to see it with my mum this monday, had my own experience of skxawng'inism just after Grace died. You could visible tell that about half the cinema was pretty gripped by the movie and feeling slightly sad...

Then these three kids get up from their seats and start making noise as they walk down the stairs towards the exit.
I got slightly annoyed, but tried to ignore it, trying to focus on the movie.
Then one of these little a**holes decides to play the "I'll-look-cool-in-front-of-my-friends" trick, and shouts "It's a good movie huh!?!" and proceeds to laugh. Little prick just ruined the moment for the ENTIRE cinema!

Some guy at the back shouted for them to "Close their asses!" (danish version of "Shut up!") where the kid, no older than 13 or 14, turns round and starts shouting a reply! My mum then looses it too and shouts "Piss off you little s***! We're watching a movie!"

Now, I've been trying to follow the movie, and Jake's giving his awe-inspiring speech to the Omaticaya, which I always get way too riled up while seeing - so really, my blood is pumping and I'm almost shaking with excitement from the movie and in annoyance at this little s***.
The little kid then turns to my mum and says "Watch your mouth or I'll come smack you one!"
... and I just lost it.

Sprang out of my seat, jumped over my mums legs as well as the two people nearest the aisle, and punched him square in the face. Bruised two of my knuckles, but I still managed to push him down the aisle-stairs.
His two friends were as stunned as he was, and I suspect half the cinema was too, and they just helped their friend out - without saying a word.

I sat down and got a little cheer from the people immediately around me, and I think I shook for the next 30mins with the adrenaline.
An incredibly annoying incident, completely ruined the evening for me  :-\ Also missed the part with Jake and Neytiri taking off on the Toruk, a fantastic scene :(

I would have done the same but I have a permit to carry a concelaed weapon I still probably would have used my fist makes it more personal
I would have don the exat same thing although sinse avatar is more like a drug to me lets just say i would be in jail now,but luackly noone has bothered me except my mum
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)