What is this?

Started by Tsyeymzi, January 07, 2010, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsyeymzi

I'm totally stuck on this... This link was given to me and I'm a little ... unsure about it.

AVATAR Uncensored with James Cameron, Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana & Carrie Keagan

At about 4:45... What is Sam saying? I can't really pick up the words but I'm sure it's not correct.
At about 4:59... What?! Is this correct? Or is it just Cameron making fun of it for the host? If it is correct, how is it spelt, I would have said "Pxtawng" but someone argues "Ptxawng".

I would love for one of the more experienced guys (or those with good ears) to check this out.

- Toruk Maktoyu
- The Signature is a Lie -

Txur’Itan

Hung like a d...y!  WTF!

Pxtawng!
私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

My virgin ears are bleeding!

Ok in all seriousness, no there's no actual Na'vi spoken there.  The phrase Sam tries saying is a bastardization of "Oeru txoa livu" where he cuts it off after "txo-".  The word James was giving is not actually a legal Na'vi word like he said, it's got too many consonants in it.  He was just giving a silly demonstration of ejectives.

Either way, moved this to the movie area since it's not directly about speaking Na'vi.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Étienne

That was pretty bad. Funny but bad.

Reronsem Si

Rather enjoyed that video. It's great to see the cast being asked questions that we all know our perversion would like to ask, but never get the courage too. Admit it!!

Swok Txon

Omg that woman host is the definition of a twisted sex fiend

Jesus christ lol

funny anyway lol

Txur’Itan

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on January 07, 2010, 04:03:37 AM
My virgin ears are bleeding!

Ok in all seriousness, no there's no actual Na'vi spoken there.  The phrase Sam tries saying is a bastardization of "Oeru txoa livu" where he cuts it off after "txo-".  The word James was giving is not actually a legal Na'vi word like he said, it's got too many consonants in it.  He was just giving a silly demonstration of ejectives.

Either way, moved this to the movie area since it's not directly about speaking Na'vi.

Pure awsome!
私は太った男だ。

Étienne

Well at least I can tell my friend that they are hung since he thought they where small because you never see it in the movie. Lawlerpop

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Haha, running through the jungle with blue balls chasing tail.

That is a perfectly accurate description of the movie.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Ftiafpi

This is pretty crazy, good find.

Étienne

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 07, 2010, 10:31:26 PM

That is the one line that will describe the movie forever.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Étienne on January 07, 2010, 11:17:25 PM
Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 07, 2010, 10:31:26 PM

That is the one line that will describe the movie forever.

And hung like a donkey...
私は太った男だ。

Txelan

:D LMAO this was amazing xD so funny

Txantslusama tsamsiyu

Indeed it was hilarious.

NovaN75

So, does that mean we have a new word? Straight from the man himself, the Na'vi word for D*****bag
It's quite a large universe, who could say what's out there?

Kxanì Swirä

"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world and in here is the dream" Jake Sully

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: NovaN75 on January 10, 2010, 12:18:04 AM
So, does that mean we have a new word? Straight from the man himself, the Na'vi word for D*****bag

Quick, someone add it to the dictionary.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: SirHaxalot on January 10, 2010, 03:47:53 PM
Quote from: Kxanì Swirä on January 10, 2010, 01:48:06 PM
Ptong

Sholdn't it be more lik Pxtxawng?

It was reject by the lexicographers for deliberate silliness the part of Cameron.

If he uses it in the Sequel, or in language books he endorses, that will change.
私は太った男だ。